Passing Game now that Harvin is gone

Ozzy

Reaction score
The combination of Richardson/Norwood HAVE to step up for this team to repeat. Teams will have to respect the passing game for the run game to be efficient, at least a little bit. I think they can. I hope they can.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I just wish we could have got some OL help out of the trade.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I would imagine Baldwin will return kicks and will always take a knee in the endzone.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Added these tweets to the main Percy Harvin thread, but they're probably more of a discussion point for this one:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/523261473670590466[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/523262229140238336[/tweet]

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Oh fer crissakes people! Our WR crew is just fine! Tate was rated our third best WR last season by Football Outsiders, behind Baldwin (#2 NFL) and Kearse. We didn't even HAVE Harvin and went to the Super Bowl where Harvin was just overkill.

Tate's gone and he was inconsistent. He'd disappear in games. Lockette is a fast, deep threat. We haven't seen Norwood, Richardson will develop. We still have Baldwin and Kearse, our two primary receivers.

Losing Harvin will probably HELP the offense and losing Tate wasn't the end of the world.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
HawkFan72":bpz9ti40 said:
Richardson and Norwood are getting thrown into the fire. We need contributions from them now.

Richardson was drafted ahead of Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Alan Hurns, Jarvis Landry and John Brown. If all of those guys can see the field and make plays, why can't Richardson?

sutz

Reaction score
Frankly, I think our passing game will improve. Good god, we've been throwing it seems like half of our pass plays behind the line of scrimmage. What's up with that?

The onus is on the guys we have left to get down field and get open for Wilson to target. This constant BS of trying to get Percy the ball on lateral pass plays and running plays basically going sideways or backwards has stymied us IMHO.

Hey, the goal line is that way. Marshawn knows where it is, give him the ball and let him run into the holes. Send ADB downfield and throw it to him. Tell the O-linemen to run over the guy in front of him and look for someone else to hit. Hell, it worked last year. San Diego and Dallas showed us, we can't get cute against good teams. They'll rub our noses in our own excrement and laugh as they walk away with the win.

It's time to play Seahawks football again. Thanks, Percy for all you've done and all the excitement of watching you. We're moving on.

OrFan

Reaction score
Seafan":129n9fki said:
Baldwin goes to the slot where he belongs. Richardson and Kearse on the outside.

Baldwin now the KR.

Ding ding ding, winner.

Our passing game will become similar to last year, minus Tate, but will improve over what we have seen.

Our running game will become a real one without Harvin being force fed the ball when it wasn't even working anyway.

Overall we will see marked improvement all around and get back to what worked for this team.

I like it!

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I think the offense will be motivated to perform well,..like they did last year w/o Percy,....either Norwood or Richardson will have to show something this Sunday,...I think it will happen, and the offense will look good

chris98251

Reaction score
If there was a problem it may explain the showcasing he got the last two games, the Washington Game had to be explosive off camera with the penalties that called back his scores and then the debacle last week where he had minus yardage. When your a problem child as he could have been after Washington guys maybe didn't sell out to help him which could have led to the Wilson and other confrontations.

chet380

Reaction score
>>"Our passing game will become similar to last year, minus Tate, but will improve over what we have seen.

Our running game will become a real one without Harvin being force fed the ball when it wasn't even working anyway.

Overall we will see marked improvement all around and get back to what worked for this team."<<

Eight D in the box and single coverage for the second-raters [or gulp!, third-raters].

We will rank in the bottom 5 in pass offense.

Gonna be a tough year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":17m6g8wk said:
HawkFan72":17m6g8wk said:
Richardson and Norwood are getting thrown into the fire. We need contributions from them now.

Richardson was drafted ahead of Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Alan Hurns, Jarvis Landry and John Brown. If all of those guys can see the field and make plays, why can't Richardson?

He can. And I think he will now that we don't have much choice. It all comes down to his own preparation and if he's ready for the task at hand. I really hope he's ready.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
you can't just expect to just hand the ball off to Lynch 3 downs in a row. our OL is terrible. opening up holes for him are few and far between. not to mention all the false start penalties on our offense. 1st n 2nd down hand offs to Lynch usually end up in a 3rd and long. 3rd and long, Wilson is in the shotgun and we punt cause they know whats coming and blitz. our Oline gets destroyed all the time on 3rd down. our passing game opens our running game. and our running game opens our passing game. Richardson has caught 1 pass all season and now he is suppose to fill the shoes of Harvin? I just don't buy that he was traded because Bevell is a retard and can't figure out how to run an offense with an explosive player. :pukeface:

Sac

Reaction score
The Hawks have actually graded out very well run blocking. It's the pass blocking that's been awful.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":2shno495 said:
you can't just expect to just hand the ball off to Lynch 3 downs in a row. our OL is terrible. opening up holes for him are few and far between. not to mention all the false start penalties on our offense. 1st n 2nd down hand offs to Lynch usually end up in a 3rd and long. 3rd and long, Wilson is in the shotgun and we punt cause they know whats coming and blitz. our Oline gets destroyed all the time on 3rd down. our passing game opens our running game. and our running game opens our passing game. Richardson has caught 1 pass all season and now he is suppose to fill the shoes of Harvin? I just don't buy that he was traded because Bevell is a retard and can't figure out how to run an offense with an explosive player. :pukeface:
And how many passes has PH caught....downfield this year?

I want to see how they do without RW in the shotgun 3 plays out of 4. Nobody's saying we should go all Buddy Ryan on this and run 19 straight running plays. But we've lost our way, and our way is bulldozing Marshawn and popping passes over the top.

Nobody has to "fill Harvin's shoes." Fer crying out loud, how hard is it to replace a guy that has gained like 10 positive yards the last two games? Richardson needs to be Richardson. Our coaches need to find that and work it.

I'm sure Harvin will put up far greater stats in NY than he would here, but he won't get another ring for a few years, TBS.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":13wf193w said:

The OL is terrible and that's exactly why you need to run the F'ing ball. The easier thing for a bad Oline is ALWAYS run blocking! Look at the Dallas game. Lynch averaged over 6 yards per carry. The offense was fine blocking for run plays. It's the pass plays that they struggle on and that's why we need the play action to be a threat. We need to get back to running the ball and then play action passes over the top just as Sutz said.

Those penalties you mentioned? Those are mostly all on passing situations because the lineman know they suck nutz at pass blocking and are trying to get off the line as quickly as possible.

Last year do you remember how often we were super close or down in the 1st half? It seemed like we ALWAYS had to come back in the 2nd half or like we were a different (better) team in the 2nd half. That's because we ran the ball. Committing to running the ball in the 1st half of the game wears down the opposing defense and that's why elite running backs tend to put up their numbers in the 3rd and 4th Quarters. That's Seahawks football and that's what we need to get back to. Screw the P*ssy *ss bubble screen college offense BS (and f@ck filling Percy's shoes). That can be a wrinkle every now and then but the NFL is not college and that crap doesn't work every down here. What works is smash mouth, punch you in the face, slap your momma, wham bam thank you ma'am, physical football. That's what won us a Super Bowl and that's what we're going to get back to now that Harvin isn't bitching about getting the ball 15 times a game and fighting with Russell Wilson, your team leader, and causing him to play worse!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chet380":2wwszjo3 said:
Eight D in the box and single coverage for the second-raters [or gulp!, third-raters].

We will rank in the bottom 5 in pass offense.

Gonna be a tough year.
Please come back when this is wrong (IMO of course). Addition by subtraction is also a possibility.