Paul Allen has died

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
We should all just take a moment to reflect on how dramatic our lives would be right now if it weren't for Mr. Allen and his actions saving the Seahawks 20+ years ago. I know personally I've developed massive friendships during that time because of Hawks, and met tons of great people since the Hawks almost left for Cali.

Mr. Allen, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. We never met, but your passing is a very sad thing for me, as it is for countless others who never got the chance to thank you personally. They say you die twice: once when your heart stops, and again when somebody mentions your name for the very last time. Because of that second part you will likely live on forever here in the Northwest.

RIP Mr. Allen. RIP.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Seymour":1myad8dd said:
I will forever remember Paul Allen as the savior of our Seahawks. He more than anyone else is put us where we are today. This is shocking, horrible news. What now??

Man....this sucks..... :( :(

Way to soon, Way to young

Hawker8989

Reaction score
I think there was an article that detailed how some players didn't really know him. He was so hands off, and preferred to not be in the spotlight. Honestly, the last last image of Allen at a football game was his reaction to Kearse's catch in SB 49. He was in his suite in shock.

He will be missed. And I hate to ask, but who now becomes the sole owner?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I'm just devastated right now. I can't believe someone this young can leave us !!!
He left the world a better place. R.I.P.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
What a loss for the planet, the community, and our team. A man who was truly blessed with a lot, but did a lot of good with his blessings. RIP Mr. Allen, you will be very missed by many people.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Will or can the Hawks put a PA sticker on their helmets? To show respect and love.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RIP and thanks to Mr. Allen.

I was at his first game as owner, a 34( or so)-0 loss to the Jets. But it was at the Kingdome. The Seahawks were still in Seattle.

What a time it has been since then.

True hero and philanthropist. And loved sports like we do.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Not often the death of a famous person affects me, but I honestly am tearful today. Paul saved the Seahawks. Paul made sure we were a competitive team always striving for the Lombardi trophy. Paul got us the FO that eventually accomplished the task.
And that's probably the least of his accomplishments.

To a life well-lived and over too soon. RIP Paul Allen and condolences to all affected by his death.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Bidding a fond Aloha Mr. Paul Allen. Mahalo for all you have done not just for us Seattle Seahawks fan's but for how you helped shape the world we live in today! A hui hou! [emoji120][emoji120][emoji1690]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

sc85sis

Reaction score
I have yet to even make it to Seattle (I do have late family ties there), but when I saw that alert pop up I just wanted to cry. He’s too young. And the world needs more like him.

[emoji26]

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Sad day, he was a great guy. My,brother went into,his frat at wsu.. He paid for all,of us to go to a blazer game then had a concert w food and beer after.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm truly saddened by this news :( Going to miss seeing the man roaming the sidelines.

mort

Reaction score
What a sad day.
Thank you for everything you’ve done for us Mr. Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gremlin

Reaction score
Best owner in the league, and by all accounts a great human being. RIP Mr. Allen.

lukerguy

Reaction score
RIP Paul Allen. Thank you for keeping the Seahawks in Seattle. I am forever grateful.

rjas77

Reaction score
While I won't dismiss his role in keeping the Seahawks here in Seattle, there is far much more in play here. Sir...because of your many gifts to the medical research community, many people are still alive and thousands more..owe a debt to your frequent monetary gifts that can not be repaid outside a sincere thank you.

Godspeed Sir, and thank you.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Just now found out...it's devastating news. My condolences to his family and I cannot express enough gratitude for what this great man did not only for this team, but for the world in general. One of the great philanthopists of our time. God speed Mr. Allen; you will never be forgotten.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sad news. Paul Allen is the biggest sports hero in Seattle. He literally saved the Seahawks and paved the way for the Sounders. Thank you for all you have done for this world. RIP Paul.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Thank you Mr Allen for everything. The world is a worse place without you. :( :( :(