Paul Richardson is now Cleared!

HawkGA

Reaction score
If I had to guess, he won't be activated thus week but will get on the field following the bye.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/658785711483715584[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/658780878869409792[/tweet]

Has the speed to push DBs deep, clear out areas for other receivers and create cushion. Last year he was particularly adept at getting open on scramble drills. He'll add a lot to the offense by putting more stress on opposing defenses.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I don't understand the enthusiasm. The guys who are there aren't even getting the ball enough. Jimmy needs the damned ball. 2 catches against SF? Matthews isn't even getting used. PR doesn't have the same chemistry with RW as Doug and Jermaine. And it will take at least a full season to build it.
PR is a waste of a spot today.
Our most urgent needs are O-Line and Defensive back.

RW92

Reaction score
rideaducati":29nxj54r said:
Great news, the less Kearse the better.

You got that right. This could open up he deep passing game. What a relief that would be.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Jimmy is Big, freak ...
Matthews is BIG ... and has great hands.
The illusion of the Big receiver ...
See who Tom Brady plays with ... Amendola, Edelman, ...
Missing_Clink":z46bgeor said:
Man it would have been so awesome if JS had drafted Allen Robinson in 2014 instead of PRich. Imagine RW with a legit, big bodied, freak athlete at WR on the outside.

chris98251

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2s46ze8l said:
Jimmy is Big, freak ...
Matthews is BIG ... and has great hands.
The illusion of the Big receiver ...
See who Tom Brady plays with ... Amendola, Edelman, ...
Missing_Clink":2s46ze8l said:
Man it would have been so awesome if JS had drafted Allen Robinson in 2014 instead of PRich. Imagine RW with a legit, big bodied, freak athlete at WR on the outside.

And Gronk, the Pats are constantly using pick and rub routes as well. It takes advantage of their small guys quickness.

netskier

Reaction score
And Boston just added a SECOND TALL receiver, another six seven tight end that they play WITH Gronk. Talk about taking the "top" off of a defense.

We could combine Graham, Luke, and Mathews but I doubt we will. We still use Matthews as a blocker instead of receiver.

Have we targeted him since he caught all of his first four targets?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2a1dkt9n said:
I don't understand the enthusiasm. The guys who are there aren't even getting the ball enough. Jimmy needs the damned ball. 2 catches against SF? Matthews isn't even getting used. PR doesn't have the same chemistry with RW as Doug and Jermaine. And it will take at least a full season to build it.

If PRich's speed is really back to 100%, then he will stretch the field. Imagine him and Lockett running deep. It's hard for a Defense to account for both with safety help.

Lockett has been burning defenders at least one play every game. Now line up Richardson on the other side and one of the two will have a one-on-one situation.

And that doesn't even consider Jimmy Graham's presence on the field that has to be taken into account by Defenses on every play.

Richardson creates more opportunities just by being on the field.

He's got great hands and Wilson was starting to trust him at the end of last year.

Is he going to be a star 1000 yard receiver this year? No. But he can make a clutch catch or two every game and open up more opportunities for the other guys on the field with his speed.

netskier

Reaction score
Ricardo Lockette is faster than all these guys but we don't use him to this effect, with the exception of two weeks ago .

The idea is great but I doubt we will see them used in combination.

Laloosh

Reaction score
netskier":1rj3kaov said:
Ricardo Lockette is faster than all these guys but we don't use him to this effect, with the exception of two weeks ago .

The idea is great but I doubt we will see them used in combination.

It's strange because Lockette has never looked like a burner when I watch him run routes. Maybe teams give him a little more cushion which is why we usually hit him on a mid-deep crosser rather than over the top of a defense?

Richardson was starting to look good before the injury. I'm stoked.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lockette has straight ahead speed, Richardson and Lockett have speed in and out of routes as well as straight line.

netskier

Reaction score
Well we have five receiver sets, but I doubt we ever see all three of our fastest ever deployed simultaneously. I would like to.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I guess BJ Daniels should be cutting back on expenses, hes going to be cut for Richardson.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
chris98251":j1iehmsz said:
Lockette has straight ahead speed, Richardson and Lockett have speed in and out of routes as well as straight line.

Yup, his combine times bear that out as well:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ric ... id=2495306

40 time (straight line): 4.37 = elite
3-cone (lateral agility): 7.15 = much slower than the average NFL WR and the slowest time of any WR on our roster.

To put that in perspective, Jimmy Graham ran a 6.90 3-cone (above average for a WR) at 260 lbs.

Paul Richardson has similar traits in terms of elite straight line (4.40) with a mediocre 3-cone (7.09).

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ulmsz1ei said:
PRich is someone Wilson will trust more than Matthews or Lockette, but he won't make a huge dent. We'll keep seeing the same predictable empty-backfield, long-developing, no-hot-options formations on 3rd and long, and Wilson will keep dropping back, looking for someone, and getting buried.
Unfortunately this is most likely what will happen

sutz

Reaction score
I thought the exemption worked differently. I thought we could add him, but wouldn't need to cut back to 53 for 3 weeks, meaning he wouldn't count against the 53 for 3 weeks. Game day actives are unchanged, of course.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
sutz":37wl7wdy said:
I thought the exemption worked differently. I thought we could add him, but wouldn't need to cut back to 53 for 3 weeks, meaning he wouldn't count against the 53 for 3 weeks. Game day actives are unchanged, of course.

I believe he can practice for that long without counting against the 53, but once you activate him, you have to cut down. At least that was my impression.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3vnjvupu said:

Hell yeah! IR PRich and then bring in a DB and OL player that are better than what we have. But do it for free because we don't have any cap room.

Waiting for something prophetic......

Latest posts