Paul Richardson to season-ending IR.

Rob12

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1iv9ljws said:
Can't believe we let Chris Matthews walk away ...
P.R. = B.U.S.T.

Chris Matthews can't even get off of the Ravens' Practice Squad. That might be the most depleted WR corps in the NFL and he can't get onto it.

Get well, P-Rich.

MrThortan

Reaction score
When P-Rich was on the field he looked like he could be a serious factor. His slight frame was a concern when he was drafted, and all indications suggest they were not without warrant. I would love it if next year he could make it through the season without an injury, as he has the talent. Saddened by this.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hamstring injuries can happen regardless of what your frame is like. I guess Mebane is to small also then, his hammy took him out a long time two seasons ago.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3tr03gbh said:
kearly":3tr03gbh said:
Two catches. Two trips to IR. I wonder how many times in NFL history that's happened.
Am I missing something?
Never mind. Took me awhile but I get what you're saying. Yeah, it is actually hard to believe it could happen much. Shit luck for Prich to be a part of that.

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting discovery about DuJuan Harris >>>
GREEN BAY, Wis.(8/27/2013) -- Packers running back DuJuan Harris, who finished last season (2012) as the team's starter, was placed on injured reserve after re-injuring his knee in Friday's preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks.
DuJuan Harris, who was slated to form a one-two punch at running back with rookie Eddie Lacy, will be placed on injured reserve with a knee injury. Benny Sieu/USA TODAY Sports

Harris said the injury, which first occurred during offseason workouts, is to his patellar tendon

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9605434/dujuan-harris-green-bay-packers-going-injured-reserve-knee-injury[/urltargetblank]

[youtube]yNqrWZLGKAI[/youtube]

[youtube]ONjlTAaT40s[/youtube]

Smellyman

Reaction score
chris98251":21kjo2oy said:
Hamstring injuries can happen regardless of what your frame is like. I guess Mebane is to small also then, his hammy took him out a long time two seasons ago.

Yup. Small frame has nothing to do with ACL and hammy. Should be better actually.

Doesn't stop posters from proclaiming to be the smartest people on the web.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Sucks for him and the team. Thought it might be a long shot for him to get in game shape this late.

Hopefully he can use the offseason and OTAs to get fully ready. It'll almost be like drafting a receiver without using a pick, as he hasn't be truly available so far.

King Dog

Reaction score
So stoked to see him next year. People in other threads saying we should cut bait are ridiculous.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":wg20vh3h said:
I really hope the FO doesn't lose hope in him. WT3 suffered a lot of injuries but hes healthy now and playing great. Richardson is too good to give up on. He will be healthy and come back with a vengeance.
Keeping an injury-prone player while they are on their rookie deal is one thing, but giving a huge raise (which happens on 2nd contracts) to an injury-prone player that hasn't proven dependable is another thing.

Richardson is exactly the kind of player you don't extend

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
At this point Richardson is an injury bust.

The Hawks cannot go into 2016 with Richardson slotted to take a spot. He can only be considered "another guy" and he will need to be pushed fullspeed. No reason to treat him with kids-gloves to keep him healthy in the pre-season just to see him get injured against real opponents.

Next year he actually needs to prove he can stay healthy more than anything

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Beyond the injuries, Richardson's biggest issues are his slow change of direction and poor route running. He just doesn't get any natural separation on most routes and isn't a physical receiver. Straight-line speed is great though, which makes him a dynamic threat when healthy.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":13gu9id5 said:
Richardson is exactly the kind of player I wouldn't want to extend

FIFY.

We'll see what Pete and John decide to do. They won't consult you when they make their decision, and that's probably a good thing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Gametime":1nirj7j9 said:
How can you call the guy a bust? He has shown great route running and speed. He came back off the ACL and just went full throttle a bit to early and hurt the hammy. Guys get hurt playing this game. It's difficult to come in with a soft body (not being steadily built up and prepped through OTA's, training camp, and 9+ games.

He'll have the whole off season to get strong and be ready to pair with Lockett and Baldwin.

I don't get the hate for the guy. And to say that we should have kept Matthews? Bust certainly applies more to Matthews as he had opportunities and for what every reason, though healthy, contributed NOTHING this year.

Get well and get ready P. Rich!

Next man up!
I feel bad for the guy. He just can't catch a break. I remember him at Colorado, and he was the entire offense.

907Hawk

Reaction score
Jville":28yi6n58 said:
Interesting discovery about DuJuan Harris >>>
GREEN BAY, Wis.(8/27/2013) -- Packers running back DuJuan Harris, who finished last season (2012) as the team's starter, was placed on injured reserve after re-injuring his knee in Friday's preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks.
DuJuan Harris, who was slated to form a one-two punch at running back with rookie Eddie Lacy, will be placed on injured reserve with a knee injury. Benny Sieu/USA TODAY Sports

Harris said the injury, which first occurred during offseason workouts, is to his patellar tendon

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9605434/dujuan-harris-green-bay-packers-going-injured-reserve-knee-injury[/urltargetblank]

[youtube]yNqrWZLGKAI[/youtube]

[youtube]ONjlTAaT40s[/youtube]

Thanks for posting these, this guy runs with great effort, or at least he did in 2012.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Has upside but can't bank on him to stay healthy at this point.
Need more WR depth anyway next offseason.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2xbb0gnl said:
Beyond the injuries, Richardson's biggest issues are his slow change of direction and poor route running. He just doesn't get any natural separation on most routes and isn't a physical receiver. Straight-line speed is great though, which makes him a dynamic threat when healthy.

Prich had plenty of change of direction speed and was an excellent route runner for a rookie. I'm really not seeing what you're seeing there. He was Russel's go-to receiver before he hurt his knee and it wasn't because of his straight-line speed cause he wasn't even being utilized as a deep threat. It was his short and intermediate routes which were most effective and getting him his catches. The coaching staff has said as much, too. With Prich they were able to run some double move stuff that the other receivers couldn't run and it was obvious Prich was becoming the 3rd down receiver for Russ and not just a deep threat.

Latest posts