Paul Richardson....

olyfan63

Reaction score
Willson has trouble handling Russell's rockets, especially if he has to reach for them. He's neither as good or as bad as he's looked. Russell tends to throw high and hot to Willson, which he struggles to handle. Willson's big plays were all "touch" throws.

AgentDib

Reaction score
olyfan63":12rdb58k said:
Willson has trouble handling Russell's rockets, especially if he has to reach for them. He's neither as good or as bad as he's looked. Russell tends to throw high and hot to Willson, which he struggles to handle. Willson's big plays were all "touch" throws.
My theory is that Willson's hands are just fine. He has athleticism in spades and catches the touch throws effortlessly because there is nobody around him; compare a Willson drop to an Aaron 'stone hands' Curry drop. Willson drops the rockets because he struggles to reach out for stuff when he is thinking about the impending contact.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
AgentDib":2j8dkxw8 said:
olyfan63":2j8dkxw8 said:
My theory is that Willson's hands are just fine. He has athleticism in spades and catches the touch throws effortlessly because there is nobody around him; compare a Willson drop to an Aaron 'stone hands' Curry drop. Willson drops the rockets because he struggles to reach out for stuff when he is thinking about the impending contact.

Please help me understand your point...I don't see how this comparison is relevant. Aaron Curry's primary job was not to be a receiver, Luke Willson's is.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawkfan68":qc8t6wov said:
AgentDib":qc8t6wov said:
olyfan63":qc8t6wov said:

Please help me understand your point...I don't see how this comparison is relevant. Aaron Curry's primary job was not to be a receiver, Luke Willson's is.

A more apt comparison hands-wise is Sean Dropkins..opps, I mean Dawkins.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I'm more inclined to compare him to Kellen "Dick Fingers" Davis, though admittedly I probably trust Willson more than Davis to catch the ball.

seedhawk

Reaction score
I could be wrong but, we have seen RW throw that pass to Tate many times. This was I believe the first time RW threw it to P-rich. Could mark the start of something. Also, P-rich owned the red line on that play.