Pay Wilson Or Not..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2zrcxc7z said:
Would Wilson want to re-sign? I think he knows he has the talent to succeed elsewhere and be given the opportunity.

I keep hearing this, and it makes no sense.

- Wilson's already a top 5 QB, of which most of you say is "elite."
- He's been to two SB's and the playoffs every year of his career except one
- He's towards the top of the league every year in just about every statistical category
- He's been to four Pro Bowls
- He plays for one of the top 2-3 organizations in the NFL with world class facilities
- He's on his way to being the most beloved sports hero in Seattle sports history, if not there already

So how in the hell would it be any better elsewhere?

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":rzokjt8c said:
Seahawk_Dan":rzokjt8c said:
Would Wilson want to re-sign? I think he knows he has the talent to succeed elsewhere and be given the opportunity.

I keep hearing this, and it makes no sense.

- Wilson's already a top 5 QB, of which most of you say is "elite."
- He's been to two SB's and the playoffs every year of his career except one
- He's towards the top of the league every year in just about every statistical category
- He's been to four Pro Bowls
- He plays for one of the top 2-3 organizations in the NFL with world class facilities
- He's on his way to being the most beloved sports hero in Seattle sports history, if not there already

So how in the hell would it be any better elsewhere?

Yeah I agree.

Nothing is for sure in the NFL but if you're looking for a model of consistency this decade, outside of the Seahawks you have...what, the Patriots?

Seymour

Reaction score
Bad news for Cates and other Wilson haters......

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article224040020.html

There is no plan to have anyone other than Russell Wilson as their quarterback. Basically forever. Or as forever as Carroll and Schneider run the Seahawks, anyway.

Carroll said Monday in his season-ending press conference at team headquarters he met with Seattle’s franchise quarterback on Sunday, and that the Seahawks have every intention of re-signing Wilson beyond his current contract that ends after the 2019 season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But wait, I thought he loved Wilson. And like I said, if he loves Wilson, I'm a huge Rams fan. :irishdrinkers:
Can you imagine this board AFTER Russ is done in Seattle and we are losing games on the regular. So many batches popped up........

Seymour

Reaction score
Yep...loves Wilson and owns 3 jerseys but "Hassellbeck is twice the QB as Wilson" according to him. :roll:

I'm guessing he owns 6 #8 jerseys then? :lol: :lol:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One of the all time classics. Twice the QB, that's next level hilarious.
And I'm sure this team would be just fine with an average journeyman QB too :?

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1kddbbpi said:
But wait, I thought he loved Wilson. And like I said, if he loves Wilson, I'm a huge Rams fan. :irishdrinkers:
Can you imagine this board AFTER Russ is done in Seattle and we are losing games on the regular. So many batches popped up........

Exactly....I so look forward to "the new Dan McGuire / Rick Meyer era's." :pukeface:

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2lnz0mlu said:
One of the all time classics. Twice the QB, that's next level hilarious.
And I'm sure this team would be just fine with an average journeyman QB too :?

well lets look at this though

Hass in 17 years
36,638 yards, 60.5 comp%, 6.9 ypa, 212 tds, 153 int, 1.4 td/int ratio, 82.4 qb rating, 1231 rush yards, 3.4 ypc, 8 tds, no receiving numbers. averages per year- 2155 yards per year, 12.5 tds per year, 9 ints per year, 72 yards rushing per year. Now since some of those years whereas a backup let's look at only years where he played 12 games or more.

Hass 12 games or more seasons 12
31934 yards, 60.2 compt%, 6.7 ypa, 189 tds, 132 ints, 1.4 td/int ratio, 83.9 qb rating, 1109 rushing yards, 8 tds, 3.5 ypa. Year avg- 2661 yards, 16 tds, 11 ints, 1.45 td/int ratio, 92 rushing yards, .66 tds QB rating, and complt % remain the same in yearly avg

Wilson
25624 yards, 64.2 complt %, 7.86 ypa, 196 tds, 63 ints, 3.11 td/int ratio, 100.3 qb rating, 3651 rush yards, 5.7 ypa, 16 tds
Yearly avg 3661 yards, 28 tds, 9 ints, 3.11 td/int ratio 522 yards rushing 2.3 tds

So let's see Wilson based on yearly avg, given Hass played longer so career numbers would not be accurate

So Hass wins
nothing
Wilson wins
more yards per year, better complt%, better YPA, more tds, fewer ints, better td/int ratio, better qb rating, more rushing yards, more tds, better ypa. Oh and more wins

Yeah sorry, the FACTS show Wilson is clearly better and it's not close.

Seymour

Reaction score
It's not about the numbers. It's about being too short and the pick that stole our dynasty and ran Lynch off you silly goose.

According to some at least. :179422:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":367lg495 said:

You didn't need to spend 10 minutes researching to tell us this. If people are clinging to this opinion, they delusional or have no idea what they're talking about.

Hass was a good to sometimes great QB, Russell is on his way to the Hall of Fame.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2cpcc1q1 said:
John63":2cpcc1q1 said:

You didn't need to spend 10 minutes researching to tell us this. If people are clinging to this opinion, they delusional or have no idea what they're talking about.

Hass was a good to sometimes great QB, Russell is on his way to the Hall of Fame.

I know I did not mean to, but having it right in front of you and others can only help those who are on the fence realize which side they should be on

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Trust me John, this is like clapping with one hands. He will NEVER be good enough for a few on here. Oh well, the fact is he is by far the best QB we have ever had, one of the best in the NFL currently and will be in the hall of fame.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Arizona would for sure open up the check book for Wilson. That would be a 8 year nightmare for us.

lobohawk

Reaction score
bbsplitter":38m5zn46 said:
I honestly think part of the cowboys game-plan and why it appeared to be so stubborn was a lack in confidence in RW's weapons. Locket is good, and got open on a couple big ones, but even a lot of his "great" catches have been absolute dimes from Russ with little to no separation. Baldwin has been banged up and I think saves up his energy for the plays he knows he is involved in, at least that was the impression I got from the All-22 on a couple of games. I think it's solid to say teams have figured out how to cover our #3's in Moore and Brown.

I agree that a little more creative play-calling probably would have had better results. The feeling I get though is that the talent at WR is very boom or bust with each play. RW is very, very careful with the football, and when you have completely covered WR's with tiny windows to throw, that doesn't inspire Russ to force it in there very often. Which usually ends with running around and a sack.

More a lack of confidence in the OL holding up. People keep acting like their passing game would save the day, when the OL wasn't built for it (see game 1 & 2). Passing only worked as a compliment to the run game and it often depended on very tight throws.

Most of the griping is based on after-the-fact judgement. Everyone is better than a team's OC. Of course, they show it on forums and the twitter-verse and not in an actual team. Call it the Holiday Inn effect.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lobohawk":1hva85hg said:
bbsplitter":1hva85hg said:
I honestly think part of the cowboys game-plan and why it appeared to be so stubborn was a lack in confidence in RW's weapons. Locket is good, and got open on a couple big ones, but even a lot of his "great" catches have been absolute dimes from Russ with little to no separation. Baldwin has been banged up and I think saves up his energy for the plays he knows he is involved in, at least that was the impression I got from the All-22 on a couple of games. I think it's solid to say teams have figured out how to cover our #3's in Moore and Brown.

I agree that a little more creative play-calling probably would have had better results. The feeling I get though is that the talent at WR is very boom or bust with each play. RW is very, very careful with the football, and when you have completely covered WR's with tiny windows to throw, that doesn't inspire Russ to force it in there very often. Which usually ends with running around and a sack.

More a lack of confidence in the OL holding up. People keep acting like their passing game would save the day, when the OL wasn't built for it (see game 1 & 2). Passing only worked as a compliment to the run game and it often depended on very tight throws.

Most of the griping is based on after-the-fact judgement. Everyone is better than a team's OC. Of course, they show it on forums and the twitter-verse and not in an actual team. Call it the Holiday Inn effect.

While I agree about the OL not holding up if we abandoned the run and just started slinging it all over the place, I don't think Pete thinks like that.

Pete admitted he probably should have done a better job of in game and halftime adjustments and not continued to try to establish a run game.

But in his defense, we were down 10-6 at halftime, and up 14-10 at one point in the 2nd half..........which IS how we win games.

People keep harping on passing more, but the D also crapped the bed in the 4th quarter allowing two scoring drives, committing stupid penalties and allowed a 3rd and 14 that ended the game.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I almost feel like Russ deserves a front office that will invest in the offense. With multiple pro-bowl o-linemen and a top tier receiver. If we’re not gonna pay him, and if the fan base doesn’t think he’s worth it then send him to the Giants. Or the Vikings. Or the Saints once Brees retires. Or the Steelers

Rat

Reaction score
Scorpion05":375fwbg3 said:
I almost feel like Russ deserves a front office that will invest in the offense. With multiple pro-bowl o-linemen and a top tier receiver. If we’re not gonna pay him, and if the fan base doesn’t think he’s worth it then send him to the Giants. Or the Vikings. Or the Saints once Brees retires. Or the Steelers

How much can we invest in those kind of things while also making Russ the highest-paid player in league history?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Rat":9gru4wct said:
Scorpion05":9gru4wct said:

How much can we invest in those kind of things while also making Russ the highest-paid player in league history?

Thats the rub (well... that and a game plan worthy of that investment)