PC for President!

HawkHack

Reaction score
So I just watched PC's latest (Thursday 10/25/13) press conference over on that other site.

It's a bit long, but man, the guy just strikes me as genuine. Sure, he holds some cards close to his hoody, but I think he means what he says. He really does have a plan, and I'm impressed. I've said before that I loved Holmy's press conferences, but Pete just blows me away.

We're fortunate to have him.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He doesn't leak anything that would be damaging against opponents, but there is enough to keep ya going.
Russ is the same way sometimes...pretty insightful but doesn't give game-critical info away. I thought the scrap he threw out there about how he breaks down his film study shows a highly analytical and thorough approach. Uncovering a trend that's been happening in the flow of the game between plays #25 and 40 SHEESH! I'm glad he's on our side. What a blindingly- bright light. :cool:

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
I'd vote for him. It's Pete's emotion and rah-rah style that is really fueling this team. You can just picture him, sprinting up and down the halls of congress, getting the senate really juiced up for critical legislation.

Pete mic'd up doing what Pete does best.

[youtube]McRbjqgmlwc[/youtube]

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Actually, a few weeks ago on his weekly show on Movin' the Chains NFL Radio, he was joking with Pat Kirwan about solving the nation's debt ceiling problem. So hey, why not have PC run for president.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":352c4jhl said:
His rah rah attitude won't work in politics.

Nothing else seems to be working. We might as well try it.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
He's motivating. If anyone doesn't "buy in" PC just gets rid of him (Houchmezada). There wouldn't be any of this government shutdown BS.

djb28

Reaction score
I do not understand why so many people I hear on TV get on him . They always have something to say about his Rah, Rah attitude, Like it is a bad thing.
How about you sit on the sidelines like a freaking grump faced Bum in your dirty hoodie with no emotion... Bill

kearly

Reaction score
Truthers are silly. But any person that thinks there aren't details about 911 that remain heavily classified is just as clueless. In the case of Pete, he had a chance to meet with a high ranking member of the armed forces and used that chance to ask questions. It kind of reminded me of how one of the first things Bill Clinton did after becoming president was to inquire about extra terrestrials, AREA 51, etc. Hell, I'd do the same thing.

Unfortunately, the military source did not take kindly to the questions and it ended up a miscalculation on Pete's part. It doesn't mean he's a truther, it just means he has a curious mind. Curiousity is one of the stronger indicators of high intelligence. I don't see any reason to hold that against him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kearly":1ttjhs1x said:
Truthers are silly. But any person that thinks there aren't details about 911 that remain heavily classified is just as clueless. In the case of Pete, he had a chance to meet with a high ranking member of the armed forces and used that chance to ask questions. It kind of reminded me of how one of the first things Bill Clinton did after becoming president was to inquire about extra terrestrials, AREA 51, etc. Hell, I'd do the same thing.

Unfortunately, the military source did not take kindly to the questions and it ended up a miscalculation on Pete's part. It doesn't mean he's a truther, it just means he has a curious mind. Curiousity is one of the stronger indicators of high intelligence. I don't see any reason to hold that against him.
I have a sneaking suspicion Pete was joking around a bit and the General didn't pick up on that. Then the press got wind of it and blew it out of proportion.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Having served as an officer in the Army for over ten years, I can attest that the "brass" have zero tolerance for humor in "sensitive" areas.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
sc85sis":zz5aw0oj said:
kearly":zz5aw0oj said:

I have a sneaking suspicion Pete was joking around a bit and the General didn't pick up on that. Then the press got wind of it and blew it out of proportion.

Joking about 9/11? Yeah. I don't think so.

Omahawk

Reaction score
Politics is a strange animal. Too many variables. Tom Osborne did it for awhile for Nebraska after he retired from coaching. Pete could definately get the votes to get in but I don't think it's where his passion is. Osborne went back to the Huskers to be athletic director and I bet Pete's career path would follow the same course too. He'd come back to football eventually. It's where he belongs. Besides, there's plenty of politics in football anymore.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think Pete's destiny post-coaching is to continue with his charity stuff and WinForever. He's' a born teacher and mentor for kids.

Latest posts