Is everyone already giving PC a pass for next season?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yes, he gets a pass for winning the Super Bowl...this time only.
AND for getting the Seahawks to the Super Bowl for TWO CONSECUTIVE years...Funny how SOME folks want to DISMISS Pete's ACCOMPLISHMENT, and just how hard that is to do.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
It doesnt matter anymore. The Seahawks will continue to flub under Carroll and fans will continue to make excuses for him until he's gone. Its just the way it is.
You & a few others like to parrot the p*ss & moan, but y'all STILL haven't come up with WHO you see as a 'BETTER THAN PETE CARROLL Replacement Head Coach that would be a SURE-FIRE prospect THAT WANTS THE JOB.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
You & a few others like to parrot the p*ss & moan, but y'all STILL haven't come up with WHO you see as a 'BETTER THAN PETE CARROLL Replacement Head Coach that would be a SURE-FIRE prospect THAT WANTS THE JOB.
I have been asking the same question too. One does not fire one's HC unless one has a replacement in mind or that HC simply couldn't win anymore, or that HC is hurting the ticket office.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I have been asking the same question too. One does not fire one's HC unless one has a replacement in mind or that HC simply couldn't win anymore, or that HC is hurting the ticket office.
IMHO, Even IF Pete were saddled with the notion of POSSIBLY hurting the ticket sales, or simply not producing enough wins anymore, Jody would still need someone waiting in the wings that would not be seen as a lateral or possibly even worse replacement.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
AND for getting the Seahawks to the Super Bowl for TWO CONSECUTIVE years...Funny how SOME folks want to DISMISS Pete's ACCOMPLISHMENT, and just how hard that is to do.

Nobody wants to dismiss it, but nobody should dwell on it either.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Every year people list valid replacements for him. What exactly are you looking for?

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Every year people list valid replacements for him. What exactly are you looking for?
Pitt you are just wasting your breath. I finally put him on ignore. Being loud and insulting and wrong is still just being wrong LOL

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Oh, I don't know....Show me yours or Jayhawks purposed AVAILABLE candidates that have APPLIED for Pete's job....Jayhawk Mikey has given up on me rolling over & to the side, he's gone the route of challenging my Fandom, and found that to be a dead end.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pitt you are just wasting your breath. I finally put him on ignore. Being loud and insulting and wrong is still just being wrong LOL
LOLOLOL You must have the keenest hearing in the world, I mean, to be ABLE to hear me typing away so "LOUDLY" on my keyboard.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
And yet, here you are...."Dwelling on it"

Only thing i'm dwelling on is his piss poor game planning and outdated philosophy for the past 7 or so years thats hurting the team. He doesnt have the automatic 9 or better wins from Wilson anymore.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Oh, I don't know....Show me yours or Jayhawks purposed AVAILABLE candidates that have APPLIED for Pete's job....Jayhawk Mikey has given up on me rolling over & to the side, he's gone the route of challenging my Fandom, and found that to be a dead end.

Jody gave the dinosaur a 5 year extension. How are candidates supposed to apply exactly? Regardless, fans have listed plenty of qualified people each year that could replace Carroll. You must have missed those threads somehow.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jody gave the dinosaur a 5 year extension. How are candidates supposed to apply exactly? Regardless, fans have listed plenty of qualified people each year that could replace Carroll. You must have missed those threads somehow.
Once again, one more time, WITH FEELING, I "Missed" N-O-T-H-I-N-G.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL You're actually Touting the idea of "FANS" listing THEIR ideas of "Plenty of Qualified People" and you expect me to take you serious????LOLOLOLOLOL.
I AM OLDER THAN PETE CARROLL, so your 'Snipe' about him being a "Dinosaur"??? BITE ME!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Only thing i'm dwelling on is his piss poor game planning and outdated philosophy for the past 7 or so years thats hurting the team. He doesnt have the automatic 9 or better wins from Wilson anymore.
Jebus Christy man, are you SLOW?!?!? Never mind, I already KNOW the answer.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
How long ago was that accomplishment exactly? The last Super Bowl run was 9 years ago come the 2022 season. Carroll absolutely deserves credit for that victory -- but we also pay coaches and players for what they'll do in the future, not based on past performances.

Since the Super Bowl runs, our team has had little success outside of the regular season. We had yet to even make it past the divisional round. Our last playoff win was in 2019 against 40 plus year old ghost of McCown -- not even the starting QB of the Eagles. Even in that game they gave the Seahawks a run for their money with a barely functioning QB.

We've had 1 playoff win against a team that backed into the playoffs in the last four years. Assuming the team doesn't make it to the playoffs this year, that is going to be five years with only a single a playoff win. Since the Super Bowl we are overall 3-5 in the playoffs. We've lost in the postseason more than just about every team. One of our three victories was gifted to us by Blair Walsh, missing a chipshot go ahead field goal in the final moments of 2015. Really our record should be 2-6. In addition to this, that Vikings team was lead by Teddy Bridgewater. The other two teams we beat were teams that stumbled into the wildcard round at the least second. In the Lions game we were playing a Matt Stafford with an injured throwing arm and sprained ankle. In the Eagles game Wentz was knocked out right away and replaced by McCown.

We don't have one signature or quality victory in the postseason since 2014 -- almost 10 years now. We weren't even able to wrangle a victory out against Jared Goff with a broken throwing hand. Now said head coach is 70 years old trying to rebuild the roster. He's been struggling to keep up with the modern NFL as well lately. I appreciate what he did for us, but we should have moved on in the offseason. Carroll is never going to accomplish anything of note on the Seahawks ever again.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
How long ago was that accomplishment exactly? The last Super Bowl run was 9 years ago come the 2022 season. Carroll absolutely deserves credit for that victory -- but we also pay coaches and players for what they'll do in the future, not based on past performances.

Since the Super Bowl runs, our team has had little success outside of the regular season. We had yet to even make it past the divisional round. Our last playoff win was in 2019 against 40 plus year old ghost of McCown -- not even the starting QB of the Eagles. Even in that game they gave the Seahawks a run for their money with a barely functioning QB.

We've had 1 playoff win against a team that backed into the playoffs in the last four years. Assuming the team doesn't make it to the playoffs this year, that is going to be five years with only a single a playoff win. Since the Super Bowl we are overall 3-5 in the playoffs. We've lost in the postseason more than just about every team. One of our three victories was gifted to us by Blair Walsh, missing a chipshot go ahead field goal in the final moments of 2015. Really our record should be 2-6. In addition to this, that Vikings team was lead by Teddy Bridgewater. The other two teams we beat were teams that stumbled into the wildcard round at the least second. In the Lions game we were playing a Matt Stafford with an injured throwing arm and sprained ankle. In the Eagles game Wentz was knocked out right away and replaced by McCown.

We don't have one signature or quality victory in the postseason since 2014 -- almost 10 years now. We weren't even able to wrangle a victory out against Jared Goff with a broken throwing hand. Now said head coach is 70 years old trying to rebuild the roster. He's been struggling to keep up with the modern NFL as well lately. I appreciate what he did for us, but we should have moved on in the offseason. Carroll is never going to accomplish anything of note on the Seahawks ever again.
You are Nit-Picking Spin, >YOU, (like Pitt, Jay & John63) <>DO NOT KNOW<> FOR A GOT-DAMNED FACT< that Pete won't put together a Come-Back Coaching Team, & that is THE TRUTH.
What is SAD for some of y'all (certainly not for me), is that Pete is still here, AND YOUR 'Make Believe' stud HC.....IS NOT. LOLOLOL

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Best post of the thread

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
You are Nit-Picking Spin, >YOU, (like Pitt, Jay & John63) <>DO NOT KNOW<> FOR A GOT-DAMNED FACT< that Pete won't put together a Come-Back Coaching Team, & that is THE TRUTH.
What is SAD for some of y'all (certainly not for me), is that Pete is still here, AND YOUR 'Make Believe' stud HC.....IS NOT. LOLOLOL

The percentages are overwhelming. What makes you think he can? Because he did it over a decade ago?