Penix deserves the Heisman!

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't care about Jayden Daniels. Penix had to overcome past injuries, a poor defense, and tight games to get the Washington Huskies to an unexpected, and UNPRECEDENTED 13 - 0!

Plus. he did it against a much tougher schedule, and on a less talented team than Daniels did. Granted, the Huskies played very well at times, but it's PAC 12 talent vs SEC talent. Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson anyone?

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
He's the only candidate in the playoffs, that should count for something. But history tells us they'll pick Daniels, look no further than Tebow or Lamar, if you want some evidence.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Put up the numbers while winning a title would be sweet.

NoGain

Reaction score
If Penix's numbers didn't have that little drop off during the second half of the season, I think he well might have won it. Jayden Daniels's numbers, however, were pretty mind boggling. I wasn't outraged by the result.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Compare the stats of Daniels and Penix the right guy won
Right, because "stats" are more important than winning. You sound like the voters.
Dude lost 3 games w/a crap schedule. All Penix did was go 13-0, knock of Oregon TWICE and beat 6 ranked teams.

Screw stats, he should have won it.

Side note: Daniels had a bunch of pics of him doing the Heisman pose inside of his jacket. What did Penix have inside of his jacket? HIS TEAMMATES' NAMES.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Danny Wuerffel
Eric Crouch
Gino Torreta
Baker Mayfield
Marcus Mariota
Johnny Manziel
Jason White
Troy Smith
Bryce young

..........Need I say more about how unimportant the Heisman trophy is? ****, I'm glad Penix didn't win it. He's better than that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points ^

Maxwell Award was plenty. Penix is about the team, always has been. SO glad they are the underDAWGS, yet again.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Right, because "stats" are more important than winning. You sound like the voters.
Dude lost 3 games w/a crap schedule. All Penix did was go 13-0, knock of Oregon TWICE and beat 6 ranked teams.

Screw stats, he should have won it.

Side note: Daniels had a bunch of pics of him doing the Heisman pose inside of his jacket. What did Penix have inside of his jacket? HIS TEAMMATES' NAMES.
Sometimes team success wins, other times it stats this year it’s stats. Blame the sports writers

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Winning the Heisman is such a laughable award.
The best player in CFB rarely wins it. (EXAMPLE: Suh didn't win it and he was easily the most dominant college defensive player I have ever seen)

It's usually a QB of a popular team. Occasionally a RB or WR, but not enough to matter.

In fact, since 2023 to 2000 you have 3 players that made any kind of impact in the NFL. Maybe 5 if you consider Lamar Jackson or Reggie Bush 'impactful'
OVER TWENTY YEARS.

I wanted Penix to lose it because it is almost a curse. Give it to JD, he can be the next Mariota or Mayfield. I'm fine with it.

Burrow, Henry, and Cam Newton are about the only real hits in those 20+ years. The moment Gino Torretta won it, pretty much showed it was irrelevant as an award.

strohmin

Reaction score
What a idiotic joke of an award. Penix played and came through with a win in plenty of tough environmemrs this season. I dont give a crap about Daniels, Penix is the real Heisman.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sometimes team success wins, other times it stats this year it’s stats. Blame the sports writers
Yup. I'm not mad about him losing the Heisman. I think he deserved it, but he's playing for a title. He's 13-0. He won the Maxwell. I'm good.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Penix is playing for the trophy. Daniels is going to the, checks notes, ReliaQuest Bowl (formerly known as the Hall of Fame Bowl and the Outback Bowl). Go Dawgs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And now Booger McFarland is saying the Dawgs can't play "big boy football"

Keep it coming. We'll see on Jan. 1st, son.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
There was certainly a case to be made for Daniels, his stats were off the charts.

My problem is more how political it is with the voters, almost 30% of the ballots didn't even have Penix on them? That means a LOT of SEC and east coast voters purposefully left Penix off their ballots to give Daniels the best chance of winning.

Also a high percentage of votes were cast before the conference championship games were even played.

IMO if you can't vote objectively and only care about "your" conferences players winning, then you're vote should be taken away from you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow. Not having him on there at all? What a joke. I'm happy he got the Maxwell, good enough. The Heisman is a popularity contest. Meh.