Penix goes #8

WarHawks

Reaction score
He's too short. Won't go till round 3. Yada yada...

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
If anything I wouldn't be surprised if McCarthy dropped out of the first round.

WarHawks

Reaction score
The look on Penix' face was like he was surprised and didn't really want to go to ATL. Can't say I blame him.

NoGain

Reaction score
I spent the last couple months hearing how Penix would go 2nd or 3rd round. Nope. #8 and BEFORE McCarthy.

Just sayin 🤷
That was always BS. Penix had the arm talent no one else quite had. Somebody was going to step up for that.

Rat

Reaction score
Penix had skyrocketed into the top half of the first this past week, but I did not see #8. I like Howell, but if we were going to take a QB, I would have been happy with Penix.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well they do spend money there and he has a pretty good Mentor in Cousins to learn from, won't be in the weather consistently which will help his game also. Now the coaching staff looks like it will use a Rams type offense and Morris being a defensive coach he isn't in a bad place. Cousins is the one now that has his days numbered. He now is a place holder till Penix is ready.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Well they do spend money there and he has a pretty good Mentor in Cousins to learn from, won't be in the weather consistently which will help his game also. Now the coaching staff looks like it will use a Rams type offense and Morris being a defensive coach he isn't in a bad place. Cousins is the one now that has his days numbered. He now is a place holder till Penix is ready.
The weather thing I think is a really poor take. The game in Corvallis wasn't just some weather. It was literally like playing underwater. It was a significant downpour. Even with that, he was hitting guys dead to nuts accurately, they just couldn't catch it.

chris98251

Reaction score
The weather thing I think is a really poor take. The game in Corvallis wasn't just some weather. It was literally like playing underwater. It was a significant downpour. Even with that, he was hitting guys dead to nuts accurately, they just couldn't catch it.
Over 15 years cold weather wears a guy down, he will be able to be comfortable most the time unless he goes on the road. He can play in cold and rain we already know that, but given a choice would you rather be on a beach or on a iceberg.