Penix and his tight play lately.

jeremiah

Reaction score
After the Apple Cup and Oregon State squeakers, I am thinking that Penix is not living with the pressure of expectations. I hope Bo of Oregon wins the Heisman, to take the pressure off of of Penix. I think he is simply puking under the hood at the end of the game. I am reminded of previous winners of the trophy, being treated for ulcers because of the pressure. Some people can take it, some can't. He just needs to chill and let it flow... my opinion....NON expert of course.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh brother. He's one of the most clutch QB's in the country. He's won 19 in a row. He is NAILS with the game on the line, been that way since he got here. He was sick and was throwing up. Likely food poisoning. My god people love to make shit up. He had a bad game and they won, yet again.

F Bo and F Oregon.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
It really does seem like the 19 game winning streak gets little consideration when talking about Penix’s play and the Huskies ranking nationally.

Penix has a chance to play 3 of the biggest games of his life, 3 games that if he can play like he is capable can write one of the greatest comeback accessions in college football. He may not win the HEISMAN but with an Epic run here he could find himself near the top of the draft.

All that comes with immense pressure. In those 19 wins he needed to play big in quite a few crucial moments… and he did. He has an extremely talented group of WR’s, a tough TE and a solid RB to go with one of the best coaches. I think this team is more than capable of hanging with any team in the country, all thats left is to see if they have that magic to finish off the PAC12 as Champions..

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Having watched OU play against the Trojans & Beavers these last two weeks, and having the watched UW play against the Beavers & the Cougars these last two weeks, the Ducks look like they definitely have superior overall team speed on both sides of the ball. Here's hoping that UW finds it's running game when they play OU again for the championship, because they might just get steamrolled if they don't.

By the way, OU is favored by over a touchdown in the upcoming re-match for this last of it's kind, Pac-12 Championship. It ain't just my eyesite seeing this, Las Vegas sees it too. Fingers crossed however - Go DAWGS!

Xxx

Reaction score
It really does seem like the 19 game winning streak gets little consideration when talking about Penix’s play and the Huskies ranking nationally.

Penix has a chance to play 3 of the biggest games of his life, 3 games that if he can play like he is capable can write one of the greatest comeback accessions in college football. He may not win the HEISMAN but with an Epic run here he could find himself near the top of the draft.

All that comes with immense pressure. In those 19 wins he needed to play big in quite a few crucial moments… and he did. He has an extremely talented group of WR’s, a tough TE and a solid RB to go with one of the best coaches. I think this team is more than capable of hanging with any team in the country, all thats left is to see if they have that magic to finish off the PAC12 as Champions..
Also you gotta think of how that target grows as you continue to win and teams start really trying to come for you.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I’m not a gambler but I’ve been told the line doesn’t represent who they think will win, that it’s how they get money coming in on both sides. But I get it, Oregon is playing really good football lead by a HEISMAN favorite.
I’ve also seen a lot of really good Ducks teams come up short.

NoGain

Reaction score
Penix played the QB position about as well as you could possibly ask for last year and for the first half of the season this year. But he's definitely been *slightly* off the last 3-4 games. I'm not sure why. I've heard he really got hit bad a few games ago. I've heard the team had a flu bug that ran through it. I heard now that he got some kind of a food poisoning last week. All I know is that he's missed receivers in recent weeks that he never did before.

We have no chance against Oregon this Friday. We might as well not even show up.

But oh well...we have to play the damn game. WTF...let's see what happens.

But will I be utterly shocked if the Huskies pull it off? No.

It's just what they keep doing.

But if they lose, it's been a great ride this year. Enjoy Husky nation!

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't see myself being angry about a 12-1 season and a nice bowl game IF they lose on Friday. And I'm not assuming they will. No chance? You can't be serious. They have NO chance, but you won't be shocked if they pull it off? That covers it I guess :)
They absolutely have a good shot.
It's been a blast this year. They get every team's best effort. Several close games that they just keep winning. That's fun football. Even if it's bad for the heart and the BP. I still don't understand people downplaying how good Penix is, but oh well. He has proven people wrong over and over again. Class kid and has ice in his veins. If people can't see that, not sure they ever will. Very few QB's get it done when the game is on the line like he does. Over and over again.
Many seem to think he's not that good, and that's fine, people have their opinions.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And someone had mentioned that Penix plays behind an elite O Line. Oregon's is ever better. They've basically given up one sack that was on them in 12 games according to Brock Huard. The other ones were on Nix holding the ball too long.
Again, BOTH QB's have a very good O Line. Currently, Nix is playing a lot better. Doesn't mean he's a lot better as a QB. And yes, I'm a Dawg fan.
But, I'm shocked at how many people have just turned on Penix like he's some scrub. :unsure:

He's def. off lately, I'm not denying that. I was there on Saturday, several throws to the wrong spot. A combo of a bad throw and miscommunication. Not something they should be doing this time of year. Game should have been a blowout. Then again, it was Penix who called that huge 4th down play. He had an option to hand it off to the RB or flip it to Odunze. Yet again, game on the line, he made the right choice. And DeBoer flat out said he let Penix make the choice. He saw something in the defense and adjusted. All we ever hear is it's not how you start, it's how you finish. This kid finishes better than most in the country.
Also, early in a game, he will often overthrow a guy. Nearly EVERY time this year, he comes back the next drive or two and makes the same throw for a TD. He has been doing this the last 2 seasons. He absolutely has to play a lot better, he knows it, coach knows it, everyone knows it. I hope people continue to doubt him. Be careful what you wish for. He flat out has that killer instinct that you want from a QB.

Also, why are people so obsessed with what a college kid does at the end of the game??? What's with the constant obsession with putting people down after they are successful? If you don't think he cares and/or that he's somehow soft, you're so off base, it's not even worth the effort. I guarantee you that not ONE of those players or coaches would have one bad word to say about that kid.
Leader, Captain, Beast. All while you're judging from your couches, and probably never played a down of football. Nice.
Players have bad games, players get emotional, players care. Oh the horror......

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jeremiah

Reaction score
Penix played the QB position about as well as you could possibly ask for last year and for the first half of the season this year. But he's definitely been *slightly* off the last 3-4 games. I'm not sure why. I've heard he really got hit bad a few games ago. I've heard the team had a flu bug that ran through it. I heard now that he got some kind of a food poisoning last week. All I know is that he's missed receivers in recent weeks that he never did before.

We have no chance against Oregon this Friday. We might as well not even show up.

But oh well...we have to play the damn game. WTF...let's see what happens.

But will I be utterly shocked if the Huskies pull it off? No.

It's just what they keep doing.

But if they lose, it's been a great ride this year. Enjoy Husky nation!
Exactly, I was a Husky fan since Charlie Browning, they had a song about him... I still have a Sixkiller shirt, boy is it worn. I want UW to win, but watching Oregon play, it seems effortless. Bo seems to be a Mahomes type, it is like nobody can cover the receivers. He gets the ball out quick and dead on target. I was surprised that the Huskies beat them on the first go around. I was confident they would, until the 4th quarter of the game they pulled out the win. Somebody has to stop the Ducks, or they will win the National Championship. They look JUST THAT GOOD to me.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I’m not a gambler but I’ve been told the line doesn’t represent who they think will win, that it’s how they get money coming in on both sides. But I get it, Oregon is playing really good football lead by a HEISMAN favorite.
I’ve also seen a lot of really good Ducks teams come up short.
That is correct the sports book gets a percentage of all bets placed and if an equal amount of bets are placed on both teams the sports book will make a profit

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And look where we are today. Penix is headed to the playoff. He was nails, yet again, with the game on the line. 13-0, 20 games in a row. He's also 9-0 vs. Ranked teams with UW. All he does is win, over and over again. 6-0 vs ranked teams this year, including TWO wins over Oregon. Both down to the wire. BOTH with a game winning clinching drive that runs out the clock and ends in taking a knee in victory.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
After the Apple Cup and Oregon State squeakers, I am thinking that Penix is not living with the pressure of expectations. I hope Bo of Oregon wins the Heisman, to take the pressure off of of Penix. I think he is simply puking under the hood at the end of the game. I am reminded of previous winners of the trophy, being treated for ulcers because of the pressure. Some people can take it, some can't. He just needs to chill and let it flow... my opinion....NON expert of course.
Much to our happiness, this aged terribly.