Penix goes #8

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Over 15 years cold weather wears a guy down, he will be able to be comfortable most the time unless he goes on the road. He can play in cold and rain we already know that, but given a choice would you rather be on a beach or on a iceberg.
He played really well in Washington for two seasons. I think he'll be fine wherever he plays. Playoffs in the NFC have some tough environments like Philly, Green Bay, and of course he's already comfortable playing in Seattle. None of those are beaches.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah but ******* Atlanta is where Green Bay and Buffalo are the Icebergs, but whatever.

warden

Reaction score
Anybody who thought Penix would go in the second round either did not watch him play or don’t know anything about football. I rolled my eyes when so called media experts and dumb fans in their pretend mocks had him as a second round pick. I would have gladly took him with the 16th pick but doubted he would drop to us. I hope he does really well

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Yeah but ******* Atlanta is where Green Bay and Buffalo are the Icebergs, but whatever.
Yeah I get what you meant. I think Green Bay is a bit ahead of Atlanta though. So you'd be looking at a potential road game in that region. Home games in a dome, division games in a dome, Florida, and Carolina wouldn't be too shabby.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Cousins only has 2 years with guaranteed money. So Penix likely sits for the next two years then takes the helm in 2026.
ESPN said year 1 cut is 80 mill dead money, year 2 cut is 40mill dead money and year 3 is 20mill dead money.

chris98251

Reaction score
He is coming off an Achillies injury also and is considered a Senior player, some can hang and some fall off such as Matty Ice. They have insurance on the cheap.