Penix

chris98251

Reaction score
No Cousins could be easily traded next year, the QB class supposedly sucks and someone will be desperate.

Rat

Reaction score
Cousins is guaranteed $100 million over the next two years, and the Falcons are expected to be penalized multiple draft picks for tampering with him.

Falcons should have tried to trade for Geno if they wanted a bridge for Penix.

CPHawk

Reaction score

If they go 9-8 and miss the playoffs, not being able to stop the run. Falcons fans are going to be pissed looking at Murphy kicking ass in Seattle. And if cousins plays well for the next 4 years and they never achieve much more than a 1 and done playoff, they will all grow to hate Penix before he ever takes the field.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Cousins is a 3 team vet with less than 3 total playoff wins.
But the money was already spent.

You don't compound that mistake by not trying to get better. Penix will likely be better.

So the pick makes sense to me, even if signing Cousins in the first place didn't.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Can anyone who is less myopic than me when it comes to college football explain why Penix isn’t even sniffing the top 5 QBs on anyone’s draft boards?

I watched every Huskies game last season and while he has his faults like any QB, he is a marvel to watch and one hell of a hose for a left arm.

I can’t believe he is down so low on most people’s boards. I humbly ask, what am I missing?
Uhh injuries?