Brock Huard: QBs Completion % on the move

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if NFL defenses know where you are at if you get the ball out quickly. Brady averaged 55 yds rushing a season. So did Manning. They both seemed to do okay when defenses knew where they were at.

You shouldn't be drafting Penix to be a mobile QB. You should be drafting him with the intention of being a pocket passer and building around his arm.
Geno is a better QB, at least he can move #JJ

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
JJ is QB4 among mock drafters and youtuber’s, one thing that so far has gone in his favor is he hasn’t put him self up for display so scouts can see his decencies such as the senior bowl where Nix and Penix did and who didn’t look that great. When it is all said and done I am expecting a 2-3rd rd grade with McCarthy from NFL teams.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I do like a mobile qb. The only sb we won was with one, whereas Hass was a pocket passer. We just saw Mahomes win the sb at the end with his legs. JJ is mobile and accurate. His only real concern is if he can carry a team with his arm. But he's very young, so he hasn't really had a chance to grow into that yet. I could see JJ going #10 or #11 ahead of us or somewhere to the 2nd. Too early to say.

12forlife

Reaction score
I do like a mobile qb. The only sb we won was with one, whereas Hass was a pocket passer. We just saw Mahomes win the sb at the end with his legs. JJ is mobile and accurate. His only real concern is if he can carry a team with his arm. But he's very young, so he hasn't really had a chance to grow into that yet. I could see JJ going #10 or #11 ahead of us or somewhere to the 2nd. Too early to say.
21yr old
6'3"
202lb - needs to add 20-25lb
72% completion
4 turnovers, very good ball security
27-1 college record
National Champion
Shows his competitiveness
Shows he is a vocal leader
No injury concerns

People love to beat these young men up for whatever reason? As a "prospect" I'm not sure what more you could ask of a young prospect, when the only knock is he didn't carry the team with his arm? With his comp % & lack of turnovers I say he did what was asked of him, nothing says he can't if asked to? Nobody mentioned JJ dropped 3 td's on Bama in the playoffs when it was asked of him? That said JJ needs to sit a year, and get his body NFL ready, and adjust to the speed & schemes in the NFL, then be ready to lead the Hawks in '25!