Penny ?

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Sign Penny to a vet min +incentives deal and still draft a mid round thumper to complement K9’s jitter bug style.

Dallas in year 4 playing for a 2nd contract provides insurance so no real risk with Penny.

Homer is a wildcard as a FA, but appears to be a Pete guy. If signed doesn’t leave much room for Penny.

BASF

Reaction score
If Charbonnet actually lasts until the third round as some are predicting, I would love for us to draft him. If Penny is willing to take a vet minimum deal, sure sign him, but if not, Charbonnet please.

Kinger95

Reaction score
With walker in line for the majority of touches next year there’s no need to spend big money or use up our early and mid round draft capital on a RB, price needs to be right. Otherwise just get a guy in the 6th/7th round.

I will say that walker is proving to have trouble on short yardage situations so it might be wise to get a larger back that can pound it down the middle

sutz

Reaction score
I believe Penny is on a one year deal. I believe once he passes a physical, he'll be a FA.

Chevy

Reaction score
If Charbonnet actually lasts until the third round as some are predicting, I would love for us to draft him. If Penny is willing to take a vet minimum deal, sure sign him, but if not, Charbonnet please.
I don't think he has declared yet for the draft. If he does declare, then yeah grab him in the 3rd round if he is still available.

BASF

Reaction score
I don't think he has declared yet for the draft. If he does declare, then yeah grab him in the 3rd round if he is still available.
It is a really interesting dynamic going into this draft. Designed runs for running backs made a serious comeback this season in the NFL. It may make running backs more sought after and move them up the draft board in consequent seasons if the trend continues. I can see an agent telling Juniors to wait a season to declare since they may increase their earning power with higher slots further down the line.

Chevy

Reaction score
It is a really interesting dynamic going into this draft. Designed runs for running backs made a serious comeback this season in the NFL. It may make running backs more sought after and move them up the draft board in consequent seasons if the trend continues. I can see an agent telling Juniors to wait a season to declare since they may increase their earning power with higher slots further down the line.
RBs have the shortest NFL shelf life in the NFL. RB prospects with a lot of college carries/reps are a bit of a concern and not a positive as it would be with QBs most other positions.

BASF

Reaction score
RBs have the shortest NFL shelf life in the NFL. RB prospects with a lot of college carries/reps are a bit of a concern and not a positive as it would be with QBs most other positions.
Agreed, however with the league swinging back to use the running backs more, I can see agents thinking that they can make more money if the league is looking to draft them higher.

12forlife

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind signing Penny to a vet minimum deal. Then either draft Charbonnett or Miller out of TCU. We need to move on from Homer, he just don't bring enough to the table. This team needs a thumper back.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
^^^ I like Kendre Miller too. Like someone here said we could use a more punishing style to add with K9. All the sites have quite a few backs ranked ahead of Miller so looks like he could be a later round steal for someone. Maybe next year's Dameon Pierce or even Tyler Allgeier.

I'd rather do something like that than rely once again on Penny staying healthy even though if he ever does he could put up a hell of a season for somebody.

GemCity

Reaction score
I hope we sign Penny and he stays healthy. Dudes a top 5 RB when he’s on the field.

I’d love to see Rashaad and K9 split carries….50/50

Perhaps this is the wrong type of motivation but, if he went to another team and stayed healthy….I’d be sick.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I hope we sign Penny and he stays healthy. Dudes a top 5 RB when he’s on the field.

I’d love to see Rashaad and K9 split carries….50/50

Perhaps this is the wrong type of motivation but, if he went to another team and stayed healthy….I’d be sick.
Penny is an automatic re-sign to me basically every year that he's reasonably priced until his wheels fall off for good. Fully agreed - he's a top-5 back when healthy, and if he STAYS healthy one of these years, then that pops the top straight off of this team potential-wise.

Good example of a risk thats worth the potential reward.

sutz

Reaction score
You have to wonder if Penny will get much play on the FA market. I suspect it won't be strong and he could be had here fairly easily. I'm all for a short term deal to keep him in the fold.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He has NOT eve played a whole season as a pro. Perhaps he really needs to find himself elsewhere

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I’d only sign him if there is some injury clause in his contract that lets the team out of liability to him. The price would need to be very right.

Frankly he’s not reliable enough for the Seahawks and even if he found his mojo again he’d get injured when the season was in the balance. There is little doubt he’s a talented RB, but he’s injury prone and can’t be relied upon.

I’d pass.

Spohawks

Reaction score
A bit off topic...Why not use the wishbone formation with 2 fast and fat lineman as the front 2 RBs?

Penny? No. Its time to move on.