People who are giving Christine Michael grief

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
But in seriousness, I agree. Michael's showing a lot of promise and I'm not getting on his ass about the fumble.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
When hit from two sides like that, any back could have fumbled, even *gasp* Marshawn! :141847_bnono:

Some criticisms of C-Mike may indeed be valid, but that fumble was a strip, and Bevell and the entire offense, was offensive. You can't pin the loss on Michael, he only put the final nail in the coffin and again, not entirely his fault, the defenders just did what defenders are supposed to do. Maybe our guys on defense could take a lesson from the Rams, since the DBs can't seem to intercept anything anymore. :roll:

dogorama

Reaction score
That was the very last thing CM wanted to happen, if you have been watching him this season you can see that he is putting special emphasis on wrapping up w/both arms before contact.

Nope, when you wait until the last two minutes of the game to turn your offense loose you can't cry when it doesn't go perfectly.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":3d9etz3k said:
He's also been very good in pass protection and when you're on the road in the first home game its going to be loud and RB/QB communication is usually like that. Quit picking on CMike. :)

Pretty sure that there was one play yesterday where he completely missed a guy and RW got blown up.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I do not trust him. He is like Bruce Irvin of the O, but unfortunately, unlike Irvin, he handles the ball a lot. You can be dumb and play football, there are a lot of dumb football players, but you can't be bonehead.

I was quite confident RW was going to lead them to a score on the final drive until the fumble. I am not blaming him for the fumble, that will happen. Going forward for all the good plays he does there is going to be stupid ones. I wish he was a talented SAM instead. He could do less damage there.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm not going to dump on a guy the last play of the game, we had 59 minutes and some amount of seconds to make a difference prior to that play that was desperate at the time.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":24c4q853 said:
That hit by Ogletree to punch the ball out from CM, even after CM went down with his back to protect from it, was a phenomenal play by Ogletree. That aside though, CM went something like 10 for 60, right? Dang - not bad!

Do agree that he looked confused about a few of the huddle calls, interrupted RW a couple times seemingly to ask clarication.
^
This.
CMike wasnt careless with the rock. Just a big hit at the ball that jarred it loose. That defense was hitting our guys hard all day.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xi9a8hd said:
LeftHandSmoke":1xi9a8hd said:
That hit by Ogletree to punch the ball out from CM, even after CM went down with his back to protect from it, was a phenomenal play by Ogletree. That aside though, CM went something like 10 for 60, right? Dang - not bad!

Do agree that he looked confused about a few of the huddle calls, interrupted RW a couple times seemingly to ask clarication.

Gee tweeted out that Russell was literally having to tell Michael the play twice in the huddle seemingly every down..........then still having to move him in pass pro.

So not sure what the problem is, but it's definitely contributing to the offense sputtering. Hard to get your tempo going when Russell not only has the spend the entire play clock moving people around, but probably can't trust your RB to do the right thing.
:lol: Who did he hear that from? Or was it that he saw that Michael was getting up near the LOS when RW was making protection calls? You and Gee DO KNOW that RW is making all the protection changes on plays now, right?

I'd really like to hear this one. :twisted:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Also, as for the pass protection portion, the Hawks were taking Rawls out and putting Michael in specifically to pass protect. They were telegraphing plays, but anyone who watching Michael in pass pro should be thoroughly impressed. He plays people out often.

I get it that he fumbled. I get it that he somehow owes you something for his prior play before coming back as a father and growing young man, but give it a rest.

The reality of it is that he is the single most productive runner on the team right now. You'll just have to deal with that.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1ikqhfyg said:
Whatever happened in camp and the rest of the game, fact of the matter is that in that situation you need to be conscious of ball security because a turnover is game over.

And a turnover was game over.

Who turned it over?

Michael did.

The game was over because Michael failed to secure the ball.

I mean whatever else you think about him is moot and you never want to be in a game like that where one mistake will end it. But it was.

So, I mean, he's not the worst player of all time but he quite literally 'dropped the ball', which sealed the defeat.
Yeah...Lynch did that at the end of a game at the goal line. It happens. Any fantasy owners should probably start him next week. Particularly with Pete's recent comments about not running the ball enough, about Michael competing to get the 1st down instead of going down on the play, and Michael wanting redemption.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahaw ... f-a-cannon

Seahawks RB Christine Michael running 'like he shot out of a cannon'
10:48 PM PT
Sheil Kapadia
ESPN Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Email
print
comment
RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll was asked Monday for his thoughts on how Christine Michael ran the football against the Los Angeles Rams.

"Really well. He hit it really well," Carroll said. "He looks like he shot out of a cannon. He’s really quick. He’s just getting going. I think he’s really going to get better and more efficient. He had the unfortunate turnover, but other than that he really hit it really well. He must be averaging 5 yards a carry or something. First two games, that’s pretty good."

Christine Michael is averaging 2.32 yards after contact, the fourth-best mark in the NFL. Jonathan Ferrey/Getty Images
The Seahawks' comeback attempt stalled when Michael fumbled after a reception on the final drive. But he carried 10 times for 60 yards in the game.

And looking at the bigger picture, the way he's run the ball has been encouraging. Michael has been the team's most productive back. He's averaging 5.0 yards per rush on 25 attempts. The rest of the team's backs have combined for 23 yards on 22 carries (1.05 YPC).

Carroll has made it clear that he believes the inconsistencies in the run game are a major reason why the Seahawks' offense has totaled just 15 points through the first two games.

"We’re not getting the same balance that we felt. With mixing the run game and the pass game, we can play off the running game," Carroll said. "It just hasn’t been as obvious right off the bat. That’s an issue."

As a team, the Seahawks are averaging 3.2 yards per carry (25th). Last year, that number was 4.54 (seventh).

The run blocking needs to improve, but Michael is averaging 2.72 yards before contact, 10th-best in the league. He's averaging 2.32 yards after contact, which ranks fourth.

Granted, it's a small sample size, but Thomas Rawls is averaging 0.21 yards before contact, which ranks last among 45 qualifying players. He's 34th in yards after contact (1.11).

Michael started the first game, and then it was Rawls in Week 2. But Rawls suffered a leg contusion, meaning Michael could get another shot this weekend against the San Francisco 49ers.

Once everyone is healthy, Carroll still envisions both backs complementing each other.

"We need to get [Rawls] out there, stay out there, get a feel for the game and start to feel the effect that he brings," Carroll said. "I think that’s part of what we kind of anticipated, seeing his input and complement Christine, who is doing a nice job. I think it’s going to be a nice one-two punch, we just have to get him back out there."

Bolded one portion for emphasis. Clearly, he doesn't go down easier than any back that many have seen. Also, the function of him getting that many yards before contact is really just his explosion and new found vision to alter the play on his own. Rawls really has gotten some terrible blocking though, which is ironic. Last year he got the best run blocking of any Hawks back since probably Alexander. This year he's getting the 2015 early season Lynch blocking thus far. It will likely change.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":p99xqr5u said:
Sgt. Largent":p99xqr5u said:
LeftHandSmoke":p99xqr5u said:

Gee tweeted out that Russell was literally having to tell Michael the play twice in the huddle seemingly every down..........then still having to move him in pass pro.

So not sure what the problem is, but it's definitely contributing to the offense sputtering. Hard to get your tempo going when Russell not only has the spend the entire play clock moving people around, but probably can't trust your RB to do the right thing.
:lol: Who did he hear that from? Or was it that he saw that Michael was getting up near the LOS when RW was making protection calls? You and Gee DO KNOW that RW is making all the protection changes on plays now, right?

Brock talked about it too this morning, cause Salk was yelling about not getting the plays off in time...........and Brock explained it was because Russell was having a hard time Sunday getting everyone lined up, especially Michael.

So yes, Michael was a problem Sunday in his pass pro. Year #4 and dude still is having a hard time with getting in the right place and knowing his blocking schemes? Then fumbles? Sorry man, I can't trust that RB.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2p92nteh said:
Whatever happened in camp and the rest of the game, fact of the matter is that in that situation you need to be conscious of ball security because a turnover is game over.

Who turned it over?

Michael did.

I mean whatever else you think about him is moot and you never want to be in a game like that where one mistake will end it. But it was.

So, I mean, he's not the worst player of all time but he quite literally 'dropped the ball', which sealed the defeat.

This post is technically correct, but does not tell the whole story.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ynwpvg4o said:
vin.couve12":ynwpvg4o said:
Sgt. Largent":ynwpvg4o said:
LeftHandSmoke":ynwpvg4o said:

Brock talked about it too this morning, cause Salk was yelling about not getting the plays off in time...........and Brock explained it was because Russell was having a hard time Sunday getting everyone lined up, especially Michael.

So yes, Michael was a problem Sunday in his pass pro. Year #4 and dude still is having a hard time with getting in the right place and knowing his blocking schemes? Then fumbles? Sorry man, I can't trust that RB.

I assumed this was a noise issue. Russ was setting protections or changing the play and Michael simply couldn't hear.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
StoneCold":1zpyxxkj said:
I assumed this was a noise issue. Russ was setting protections or changing the play and Michael simply couldn't hear.
That could also help to explain why in this game, and actually dating back to some previous games too, you can see Glow turn to look back at RW as if for a protection signal that he can relay up to the line.

bandiger

Reaction score
StoneCold":qf826pp4 said:
Hawknballs":qf826pp4 said:

Who turned it over?

Michael did.

This post is technically correct, but does not tell the whole story.

Hey sometimes the opposing player makes a great play. I guess its the dude that lost the ball thats 100% fault. Perspective people, although you might critize the running technique of where CM falls too easy on the verge of a big run. I guess when we see Kam, Earl, Sherm make a great play causing a loose ball its cause the ball handler was a fumbler or just not skilled enough. Ogletree was playing very effectively in that game unless you were 100% focused on the shit offense.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Re: protection changes,

That much was clear. I saw Michael run up to the LOS almost with RW as RW was changing protections. If RW does that, it puts Michael 5 yards behind him where RW is yelling in every direction BUT behind him. That's just a function of things.

I want to know the source of who has this "inside the actual huddle" information though. Unless he's talking to a player or coach, it's impossible to know.