Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ncd39hkh said:
Dare I ask: Karma for what?

Silly you.

For being the source of all evil in the universe of course. :D

ivotuk

Reaction score
Considering his injuries, I can't blame him for retiring. But there were some pre-draft concerns at Rutgers about his love of the game.

He's been a decent right tackle, but at the time I thought he wasn't a first round talent, and I still don't think he was.

I suspect he's Porkchop Womack the 2nd and just didn't put in the time in the off-season to prevent injuries. Floyd was a road grader, but injury prone until his contract year when he played all 16 games I believe. At the time he said "I guess I'm just high maintenance." Duh...anybody that big is. But he wasn't willing to put in the time until it was a contract year.

Barakas

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":24ev1t6h said:
Marvin49":24ev1t6h said:
Popeyejones":24ev1t6h said:
Dare I ask: Karma for what?

Silly you.

For being the source of all evil in the universe of course. :D

Spamming a rival teams' internet forum?

Crying about how you are DONE with this forum and never coming back.....and then coming back.

:snack:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tomsula said yesterday that he prefers Boone at left guard and Erik Pears at RT.

Pears played for Buffalo last year and was absolutely disastrous for them. PFF graded him as the No. 76 guard among 78 qualifiers last year. He spent much of the season as their lowest ranked guard.

This should get interesting for the Niners, particularly their once-potent running game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":c4nx9w0q said:
Tomsula said yesterday that he prefers Boone at left guard and Erik Pears at RT.

Pears played for Buffalo last year and was absolutely disastrous for them. PFF graded him as the No. 76 guard among 78 qualifiers last year. He spent much of the season as their lowest ranked guard.

This should get interesting for the Niners, particularly their once-potent running game.

Actually he said that's where they were playing in this minicamp and that Boone could play tackle. In OTAs Trent Brown was the RT.

Boone just reported for the first time this offseason so he's just learning and playing with the SECOND TEAM.

I really wouldn't make an declarations over who will play where when they are just mixing and matching right now and teaching a much more ZBS heavy blocking scheme.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tomsula: "I really like Pears as a right tackle.”

Q: What do you like about him as a right tackle?

Tomsula: “Well, I mean that’s what he’s played. That’s what we’ve evaluated him most at. I liked the way he was moving. But the biggest thing with Pears since he’s gotten here is with his weight room, he’s bigger and stronger than he’s ever been. He’s moving really well. But again, we don’t have pads on so we are talking about all this without any pads on. But those are the guys right now that we are working through that position.”

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/jim-toms ... ht-tackle/

Q: You talked about G/T Alex Boone yesterday at right tackle, but he was actually at left guard quite a bit yesterday?

Tomsula: “Yes. You know what, [Vice President of Communications] Bob [Lange] said something to me about that. I hope I didn’t allude to the fact that he was, we have him slotted and working at left guard. That is the plan. [T Erik] Pears, I like Pears at right tackle. I got to tell you that. We’re not saying anything’s in stone right now, but I do like that guy at right tackle.”

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/jim-toms ... -verbiage/

Of course nothing is set in stone, but appears for now that Pears has the inside track at the RT position.

:snack:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":1lzx9r2e said:
I really wouldn't make an declarations over who will play where when they are just mixing and matching right now and teaching a much more ZBS heavy blocking scheme.

Moving to a zone scheme is an interesting development. Also interesting that Tomsula wants them to use an up tempo offense.

Although I am sure you would want me to point out that Tomsula said they would not be playing zone all the time, nor would they be "going fast" on offense all the time.

Still, that has the potential to be a huge adjustment for their offense.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":266micvn said:
Marvin49":266micvn said:
teaching a much more ZBS heavy blocking scheme.

Copycats

Actually I ain't even gonna deny this one. Seeing Lynch on those cutback runs game me a ton of envy for that running style. Also easier to find linemen who fit that style as opposed to all out bruisers the Niners have been looking for to run their Power running game.

I think Hyde would fit the ZBS nicely. They hired Chris Foerster as their O-Line coach who was the O-Line coach in Washington for Shanahan.

That isn't a coincidence.

I do think they'll struggle with it early tho until they begin to get the concepts down.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":3cup6x0k said:
bigtrain21":3cup6x0k said:
Marvin49":3cup6x0k said:

Copycats

Actually I ain't even gonna deny this one. Seeing Lynch on those cutback runs game me a ton of envy for that running style. Also easier to find linemen who fit that style as opposed to all out bruisers the Niners have been looking for to run their Power running game.

I think Hyde would fit the ZBS nicely. They hired Chris Foerster as their O-Line coach who was the O-Line coach in Washington for Shanahan.

I do think they'll struggle with it early tho until they begin to get the concepts down.

49ers' defense should already be worse at DL, ILB, and CB. Use of the up tempo may put even more stress on your defense, in the same way quick three and outs have negatively affected the Eagles' defense.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":3uqj6mol said:
bigtrain21":3uqj6mol said:
Marvin49":3uqj6mol said:

Copycats

Is that the same guy that was the line coach that made McNabb retire and RG III the after thought QB with his injury with his stellar O line coaching ability?

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":3fhng182 said:
Marvin49":3fhng182 said:
bigtrain21":3fhng182 said:
Marvin49":3fhng182 said:

Copycats

Is that the same guy that was the line coach that made McNabb retire and RG III the after thought QB with his injury with his stellar O line coaching ability?

I knew that comment or something like it was coming. :D

I don't know the personnel well enough in Washington to say it was talent or scheme or the QBs themselves were at fault for what happened there. In the case of RGIII I'm inclined to think a lot of it was his own fault for not protecting himself and instead of running out of bounds running into the area of Haloti Ngata who snapped him like a twig.

All I'm sayin' about Foerster is that he has coached the ZBS for Shanahan and they had great success with it in the running game. I can't say anything about what success they will or won't have in SF, but using a ZBS is definitely the plan.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
No surprise, the Whiners have lost more "snaps" from last season than any other team in the league (-8,728). They have also lost by far he most cumulative snaps (-5,697).

Also interesting to note that the Packers didn't sign a single player who participated in even one offensive or defensive snap in 2014, despite some glaring weaknesses at ILB and DT.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... erspective