Percy is going to be a huge factor

Tokadub

Reaction score
I'm really hoping Harvin is a big factor and we win. But I'm also kinda worried that if we game plan too heavily around having Harvin it could hurt us.

We need to be prepared for him to get knocked out of the game at any moment. I almost feel like it's more likely he gets hurt before having a big impact than it is for him to finish the game unscathed with solid contributions. Hopefully I'm wrong though, he just seems so brittle, you know they are gonna be headhunting if the Super Bowl is on the line.

Penman96

Reaction score
If he MVP's this game he's earned him money this year. Even if he doesn't MVP, no doubt our offense looked better in the 1st half against the Saints when Harvin was on the field, and the Saints have a far superior defense to Denver's. The presence of Harvin is a gameplan changer for the Bronco's D, and that in itself could change the result of the game.

CEHawk

Reaction score
Percy is going to have something to prove here. I think he and Lynch are going to come out on fire! Could be a blowout! :thirishdrinkers:

The Outfield

Reaction score
The biggest thing I hope for with Percy playing is that it opens up some lanes for Beast. I honestly hope he wins the MVP because of all he's done for this team over the past few years.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":3ukfsepf said:
Yes, he has been good. For your sake I hope he can be again. But, he has contributed to leas than 0.0276 percent of the Seahawks' plays on the season.

Do not put all of your emotional eggs in his basket.

Disclaimer: I totally made up that percentage, but y'all get the point.

I bet you anything you want that Percy Harvin makes at least one play this Sunday that makes you think "Wow."

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
All I know is... those 35:1 odds on Percy winning Super Bowl MVP look mighty juicy :mrgreen:

It would be such a poetic end to the Lombardi chase if Percy just had a big impact on the Super Bowl.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
People can say what they want about Percy... But at the end of the day, he is a big time play-maker in the biggest game in professional sports.

Rob12

Reaction score
sturg78":way2sqdl said:
If he makes huge plays and gets mvp, would everyone be okay with his year and the millions he made?

Absolutely.

I'm OK with it even if he doesn't win the SB MVP. I was hard at times on Harvin during the season, but that's mainly because I was being an dip****. The man loves the game and I believe wholeheartedly that he would have been out there for every snap if he could. There was a time where I really doubted that and he proved me wrong.

He's a big piece to our future success and keeping this momentum going.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Rob12":3bpmdi51 said:
sturg78":3bpmdi51 said:
If he makes huge plays and gets mvp, would everyone be okay with his year and the millions he made?

Absolutely.

I'm OK with it even if he doesn't win the SB MVP. I was hard at times on Harvin during the season, but that's mainly because I was being an dip****. The man loves the game and I believe wholeheartedly that he would have been out there for every snap if he could. There was a time where I really doubted that and he proved me wrong.

Cheers to you bro. :thirishdrinkers: Good to see some 12 love in Percy's corner. He is a part of our team and I am pulling for him to blow the doors off of Denver.

Note: Kearse took a kickoff to the house in the pre-season (no need to explain to me about pre-season and its merits, etc) so if Kearse can do it, Harvin can do it better.

Rob12

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":1gn7e2sh said:
Rob12":1gn7e2sh said:
sturg78":1gn7e2sh said:

Absolutely.

Cheers to you bro. :thirishdrinkers: Good to see some 12 love in Percy's corner. He is a part of our team and I am pulling for him to blow the doors off of Denver.

Note: Kearse took a kickoff to the house in the pre-season (no need to explain to me about pre-season and its merits, etc) so if Kearse can do it, Harvin can do it better.

Absolutely! One of the few talents I possess is being able to admit to being wrong. There was a time where I had my doubts about Harvin's desire. Which again, only proved I was being a dick to a man that I had never met. I look at that Saints game, and the look on his face when he knew he was done for the day. He was crushed. Further, and while I have zero proof of this (but thought I read it somewhere), the Seahawks were going to IR him and he stopped that from happening.

I could see Harvin return a kick to the house in this game. Has anything been said on whether or not he'll be the one back there?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":21x7jarg said:
The simple fact is that Percy Harvin, as much potential as he may have, has contributed far less than every other player on your active roster to get you to this point. Don't hang your hats on him. You have what it takes to take it all right now. If by some set of circumstances Harvin makes a key play in the game this Sunday, step back, take a DEEP breath and realize that is was not Harvin, but your currently awesome roster that brought you the victory.

Oh, I don't think many of us are 'hanging our hat' on him, but his mere presence is a factor that makes the entire offense more productive. We may end up needing a bit more 'production' to keep pace with the Donkos. I know the last Saints game is probably not your favorite thing to watch, but if you look at how our 'O' was moving in the first half, with Percy still in, compared with when he was sidelined, there's a noticeable difference. The Safeties definitely have to play more honest and disciplined with Percy on the field.

Our offensive production doesn't start and stop with him, but he damn sure makes a difference.

Tokadub

Reaction score
It would be very ironic if Percy won Super Bowl MVP, he really hasn't done much for us all season but we are talking about one game now. I think the 35:1 odds reflect the belief that he's still not 100% and will likely be injured on his first significant hit.

He has the kind of skills that if we won and he was 100% healthy he should have at least 1/4 chance to be MVP.

I believe the Seahawks are more likely to win although the margin is smaller the more analysis I do. I just think Denver's offense is so good if anyone can find the holes it's Payton Manning. There's always the chance we are just too much for them, but I'm kinda leaning towards them being effective offensively. So if we are favored to win and Harvin has 1/4 chance to be Seahawks MVP at full health, then his odds should be A LOT better than 35:1. I think if Harvin was healthy it would be like 7:1 at best. I'm thinking right now it might be more like 20:1 since I am not convinced he can make it through the game, and he is probably still a bit hurt.

I think Seahawks MVP chances are about like this (not accounting for possible chance of Denver to win):

Russel Wilson: 50%
Lynch: 25%
Sherman: 8%
Baldwin: 7%
Harvin: 6%
Other player (even if we have some amazing contributions): 4%

That is my drunk analysis right now but I feel pretty confident about that. You could multiply all those by about .6 if you want to factor in the 40% chance Broncos win (that's being pretty generous of me for a die hard Seahawks fan, but I do think they have a legit chance).

Guardian

Reaction score
I'd love for Harvin to beecome MVP of this game. Maybe all my Viking neighbors will finally stop trying to tell me they got the better end of the trade.

@Tokadub = Best avatar ever.

djb28

Reaction score
I am just amazed/ stunned that the media on every channel I have watched thus far still ignores the Seahawks in this game. Sure they give the Defense their backhanded compliment. Then turn around and say Manning is too good and will carve us with so many weapons.

And our offense with Percy and Lynch opening up our Pedestrians is totally ignored. I freaking hate the media and I am done watching anything until the ball is kicked off. I hope The Hawks are just as angry and tee off!

I just want to see that depressed Donkey face Elway hang his fat head and exit stage left.

Hawk the Hawk

Reaction score
Denver will have a hard time accounting for all of our offensive weapons. As such, they're likely to give less attention to one in favor of others. I think they focus on containing Lynch and Russell and take their chances with Harvin. They will be counting on a lack of chemistry between Harvin and the rest of the offense, and the possibility that he doesn't last the entire game. This gives Denver their best chance to win, but also opens it up for Harvin to have a big game.

Based on what I've seen so far...I'm excited for the big game from Percy!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Denver will present Seattle the softest defense they have faced since Atlanta.

They talk about French Dip, Sausage Link, Quino Burger or whatever their big DLine guy's name is as if the Hawks haven't played against a good DLine all year. Their "star" DB is DRC with a 45 year veteran on the other side.

They don't have Miller to pass rush and the Hawks have Russell "greased pig" Wilson to contend with. These guys aren't going to be able to stop Beast Mode. Are you kidding me? If SF and NOLA can't stop Beast Mode when they know it is coming, HOW IN THE HELL IS DENVER GOING TO DO IT? We have all heard it before... if you stop Lynch and make Wilson throw the ball you can win. Go ahead and TRY.

Oh yeah. . This was about Harvin. I wonder what he is going to be doing while everyone is trying to stop Lynch and spying RW.

Denver has at least one backup in at every level of the defense with nothing resembling depth. I have a very good feeling about what happens with Harvin on the field.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I realize that Harvin, who appears to be ready to go, is by far the most dangerous guy on the field Sunday. Some would argue Manning, but Percy is coming to play in the single biggest game of his career.

Does anyone recognize the damage this guy can do once he gets it going?

I do not think the Hawks need Harvin to score in this game, but if he gets a pass on the run, rather than catching the difficult ones he has seen he will remind us of why the Hawks went after him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's why we win despite King Peyton. The deal is Denver is thinking we're in a 5 card Stud game straight up but no one informed them that Jokers are included in the deck.