Percy out

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Doesn't seem right. No damage after playing the Vikings, then receives a cortisone shot, and a month later he is still no practicing...

bigcc

Reaction score
DavidSeven":30m3s3tz said:
bigcc":30m3s3tz said:
If pete thought this was an issue why wouldn't he TELL percy the team isn't gonna IR him and eliminate that idea?

How do you know he hasn't? If it actually came to that point, I doubt Pete would disclose it the media and I also doubt the player would ever be allowed to play for him again. It would be just as it is now -- vague statements to the media, player kept away from practicing with the team.

if pete told him that percy knows he'd be cut and who would sign him in FA the amount he's getting now after missing a season and a half???

He'd have the incentive to play in that situation (which I FULLY think he has anyways) so he can keep his contract or get re-signed to one after showing he can still play.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":kdu0gomf said:
Boldin just went over 1000 yards for the season. Got to say, the 49ers have made the Hawks look like absolute clowns this season when it comes to WR acquisitions. Meanwhile, no Seahawk WR has gone over 1000 yards since Engram in 2007...sigh.

Wow, I can't believe that. I originally hoped that Seahawks was going to signed Boldin. But I think Seahawks wanted a younger player so that it last well into the future. Guess, they shot themselves in the foot no?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Great..............Hopefully our other WR's get their crap together and perform well come Sunday.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I think Pete figured every practice he flares up, rather just don't practice and just let it heal and see if he can go. As long as he has some walk thru's we can use him this year at some point.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
2 words...Cordarelle Patterson...nuff said....yes this trade is looking like one of the worst of all time...lets not sugarcoat anything here!! As for Bo Jackson he suffered a dislocated hip on a play and then evetually required a hip replacement...

RufusPorter

Reaction score
In hindsight, perhaps it was a bad idea to acquire Percy Harvin.

It is week 17, and we face home field elimination. Imagine what we could have done...

I dont want to give up on the guy but come on! It is week 17 and he isnt even practicing? The idea of Harvin coming to play soon has 4 weeks left on the use-before-date.

This sucks, and if his contract escalates salary-wise from here I'd try to trade him now. You cannot have that kind of money not play.

hawker84

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":239cr2yy said:
Percy is probably just a piece of crap.

And nobody likes to admit they mortgaged the farm for a chunk of festering sewage.

If he doesn't manage to play in a game that we need in order to save our slot for the division and to preserve homefield throughout the playoffs, well then he probably counts as a giant bust.

Personally, I consider him a thief and likely a fraud, but that is just how I am reading things.

congratulations on providing us the stupidest post of the season.

hawker84

Reaction score
raisethe3":1p2cowvw said:
Missing_Clink":1p2cowvw said:
Boldin just went over 1000 yards for the season. Got to say, the 49ers have made the Hawks look like absolute clowns this season when it comes to WR acquisitions. Meanwhile, no Seahawk WR has gone over 1000 yards since Engram in 2007...sigh.

Wow, I can't believe that. I originally hoped that Seahawks was going to signed Boldin. But I think Seahawks wanted a younger player so that it last well into the future. Guess, they shot themselves in the foot no?

Not hard to believe seeing how Boldin was the only recieving option on the team for weeks outside of VD when he's not concussed. you get targeted 10 to 15 plays a game not hard to break 1000 yrds.

Rob12

Reaction score
I don't question Harvin's desire to play at all and I think those that do are way off the mark. It's easy to be frustrated though because we really need him. Like, right now.

I miss Sidney, too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1c9zrkvd said:
TwistedHusky":1c9zrkvd said:
Percy is probably just a piece of crap.

And nobody likes to admit they mortgaged the farm for a chunk of festering sewage.

If he doesn't manage to play in a game that we need in order to save our slot for the division and to preserve homefield throughout the playoffs, well then he probably counts as a giant bust.

Personally, I consider him a thief and likely a fraud, but that is just how I am reading things.

I'm sure Percy thinks you are a p.o.s. as well. :th2thumbs:
Or a niner troll posing as a Hawks fan.

kmedic

Reaction score
I'm thinking there has to be some sort of state of the Percy Harvin address once the regular season is over. Something doesn't add up about being out six weeks after a cortisone shot and still not being able to even practice. PC continues to deny any structural damage post-Vikings game which seems like the only logical explanation as to why he would still be out at this point. Did he pull a hammy while trying to rehab the hip? Get a stress fracture in some other bone because he's putting force and weight where he never has before? I just don't get it, but at some point you can't just keep saying he's not practicing, especially when there is no more practice. What a freaking disaster.

The frustrating part is as much as we've come without him it seems like now more than ever is the right time for him to come back. We are so vanilla on offense right now and our KR game is average at best and a liability at worst. Seems like the perfect guy to help remedy the current situation.

Reaction score
Whats he out for a hang nail?(HIP) Him and Rice must work out together. I'm just sick of both these guys we need a play maker u cant count on either of them. Just think if you made that kind of money at your job for nothing. Life isn't fair man makes me want to :pukeface:

Abach

Reaction score
Harvin is a pussbag... So disappointed in him this season. Money ill spent that could have been spent on so many other options...

Seaswab

Reaction score
Beeker":2v4dlmu7 said:
In hindsight, perhaps it was a bad idea to acquire Percy Harvin.

It is week 17, and we face home field elimination. Imagine what we could have done...

I dont want to give up on the guy but come on! It is week 17 and he isnt even practicing? The idea of Harvin coming to play soon has 4 weeks left on the use-before-date.

This sucks, and if his contract escalates salary-wise from here I'd try to trade him now. You cannot have that kind of money not play.

Who the hell is going to trade for him? Please get a clue

AgentDib

Reaction score
I am curious what being "fed up" with Harvin entails. Do you have a certain amount of imaginary fan points that you are no longer going to share with him? Maybe you normally take him to and from practice but now he will have to drive himself? If Harvin does come back and win a super bowl with us are you committing yourself to not rooting for him?

Obviously you "fed up" folks still have plenty of interest in talking about him. It costs you nothing as a fan to wait and see whether he is able to produce for us, and if he does not then we will have plenty of time to rework our receiver group this offseason.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Rob12":3an9xu5u said:
I miss Sidney, too.

Me too. He played through pain and discomfort this year (and probably last year as well), even if it meant risking a more significant injury...

Sidney earned his money. I'll never take that away from him or take it for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts