Pete Carroll is the NFC's best coach.

Fade

Reaction score
hawknation2017":16nhiafu said:
Fade":16nhiafu said:
Going forward he is the 3rd best coach in the division. McVay & Shanny are better than him not in terms of body of work, just strictly in terms of going forward

Sorry, stopped reading there because I could not stop laughing.

You are predicting the future based on 15 games of coaching. :lol:

No I am actually basing it off of what they did as OCs, and how well it is translating for them as HCs. You're putting way too much stock in the past. I prefer to put stock in the present with a going forward projection.

Not many NFL execs would pass on a McVay or Shanny for a 67 yr old HC who appears to be on the downard slope, and doesn't have too many years left in the league.

Fade

Reaction score
inda2o6":2magwogn said:
I would put Mike Tomlin on the list atleast in the Top 10. Sure his teams stacked with offensive talent, & Ben Rapistberger is close to retiring. That just means more money to pay Bell to stay. Their defense isn't as good but Mike keeps them competitive. I like his coaching style, going for 2 pts after td's alot.

It's an NFC list so therefore no AFC coaches are applicable.

Fade

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1kpubt80 said:
You can only base it on their body of work, not potential. Yes Pete is the best in the NFC.

So Peyton Manning in his last year was a Top 3 QB in the league according to that logic. To me he was one of the 5 worst starters that year.

Fade

Reaction score
adeltaY":h9z2r6rs said:
Fidelis, you don't have Belichick in your top 15?

Also, injuries play a huge role in this. Minny will have their same starting 11 on defense that they had in week 1 heading into the playoffs. Last year their OL was a disaster, which is why Bradford looked so bad. They also had more injuries. Imagine Minny with Hawks level injuries. No Rhodes, Danielle Hunter, Sendejo, Smith missed a couple games, kendricks plays hurt, Barr misses one with a concussion, etc. I'm sure their season wouldn't look the same.

Belichick is an AFC Coach. This is an NFC list.

The 49ers have more players on IR and less talent than the Seahawks, yet hung 44 pts on the Jaguars. The injury excuse is for losers. They did it because Shanahan is one of the top offensive minds in the game, and with a more than competent QB in his system they are going to be hard to beat going forward.

The Seahawks struggled to beat the 49ers in week 2 when they were fully healthy. The Hawks were 1 miracle RW drive away from losing that game. Despite having far superior talent. Coaching matters and Pete needs to invest in better offensive coaches or he is going to be left behind. Let's hope it happens and the necessary upgrades are made.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Fade":2vxfehb1 said:
hawknation2017":2vxfehb1 said:
Fade":2vxfehb1 said:
Going forward he is the 3rd best coach in the division. McVay & Shanny are better than him not in terms of body of work, just strictly in terms of going forward

No I am actually basing it off of what they did as OCs, and how well it is translating for them as HCs. You're putting way too much stock in the past. I prefer to put stock in the present with a going forward projection.

Not many NFL execs would pass on a McVay or Shanny for a 67 yr old HC who appears to be on the downard slope, and doesn't have too many years left in the league.

Shanahan is still the guy that blew the Super Bowl, right?

I don’t mind the list but I do think you are putting too much stock in two very young coaches. And for Shanahan, putting too much stock in a brief resurgence by an otherwise poor team.

They could have long stays at the top. But for now I’d say it’s too early to put them ahead of coaches who have done it consistently

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3tsty2nr said:
Fade":3tsty2nr said:
hawknation2017":3tsty2nr said:
Fade":3tsty2nr said:

I don’t mind the list but I do think you are putting too much stock in two very young coaches. And for Shanahan, putting too much stock in a brief resurgence by an otherwise poor team.

They could have long stays at the top. But for now I’d say it’s too early to put them ahead of coaches who have done it consistently

You mean people don't make the Hall of Fame based on potential? Instead it's sustained performance over a career? EXACTLY!

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Fade":1jkb1d77 said:
hawknation2017":1jkb1d77 said:
Fade":1jkb1d77 said:

Future potential is simply one, or perhaps more, person’s opinion. With 32 teams striving for the same goal, there isn’t one front office, owner, or fan that isn’t of the opinion their choice for the next head coach doesn’t have the future potential to reach that goal.

It’s their body of work that illustrates the evidence if that opinion is justified or not. Otherwise Chip Kelly is still the coach for Philadelphia, Josh McDaniels is still the coach for Denver and Bill Belichick is still the coach for Cleveland/Baltimore.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Just for perspective, we all remember when Tom Flores was going to take us tok the promise land!

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PeteCarroll/status/947543987337883648[/tweet]

This just made my day. Go Hawks! Beat the Cardinals!

B4rA w8CMAEFjV8

:irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/11plus1TrueHawk/status/947547904956186624[/tweet]

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2q6uplg5 said:
Fade":2q6uplg5 said:
hawknation2017":2q6uplg5 said:
Fade":2q6uplg5 said:

It's a complete grab bag on this short of a time period. Our fans flipping out wishing they had these young dudes who don't even have a full season under their belt like they're some kind of high probability are like investors chasing market returns.

Look at the AP Coach of the Year for the last decade. It's got some good names on there. It also has Bruce Arians and Ron Rivera. Twice.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I will take Pete's word over some random clickbate blogger. Pete does have a way with roundabout answers though. Either he does or he doesn't, but that tweet is pretty clear

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
MrThortan":2vxplwxf said:
I will take Pete's word over some random clickbate blogger. Pete does have a way with roundabout answers though. Either he does or he doesn't, but that tweet is pretty clear

I wonder what a total revamp of the coaching staff would look like. Maybe like Harbaugh getting fired from San Fran :|

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3d68a35t said:
Offense is yet again a hot mess, and healthier than just about any other team in the league right now.

Exactly this.
Injuries are far worse on defense, yet the offense and now special teams have been the real boat anchor on this team.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Fans will always be into the cult of the new; Arians was the hot NFC coach not even two full seasons ago. Last season some of the exact same posters in this thread were saying that Dak and Zeke would own the NFC for the next decade.

The complainy fans are always the most insular as you cannot watch the broader NFL spectrum and still maintain some of these naive beliefs. Your hometown team isn't more talented than everybody else forever, worse teams beat better teams, and the newest success always seems the brightest but it seldom lasts. Reversion to the mean is real and it's silly to trend a few good outcomes infinitely upwards.

The entertainment around these discussions is predicting which hot team everybody is going to be concerned about next. Meanwhile, other NFC teams have consistently been concerned about the Seahawks.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Dib you have a valid point. Remember when Chip first took the helm at Philly? He burned out in a hot minute though.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":223wqsqr said:
MrThortan":223wqsqr said:

I wonder what a total revamp of the coaching staff would look like. Maybe like Harbaugh getting fired from San Fran :|

That is one end of the spectrum with a team that was already on the way down.

The other end would be the Rams firing Fisher, Eagles firing Kelly, or the Falcons firing Mike Smith.

We still have Paul Allen. ;)

getnasty

Reaction score
Seymour":1z1s44si said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1z1s44si said:
MrThortan":1z1s44si said:

That is one end of the spectrum with a team that was already on the way down.

The other end would be the Rams firing Fisher, Eagles firing Kelly, or the Falcons firing Mike Smith.

We still have Paul Allen. ;)

Your comparing Pete to Jeff Fischer, Chip Kelly and Mike Smith? Come on bro I bet if you comine all of there playoff victories it doesn't equally a third of what Pete has in the last 6 years.