Pete Carroll is the NFC's best coach.

Seymour

Reaction score
getnasty":16e2a60b said:
Seymour":16e2a60b said:
Sox-n-Hawks":16e2a60b said:
MrThortan":16e2a60b said:
I will take Pete's word over some random clickbate blogger. Pete does have a way with roundabout answers though. Either he does or he doesn't, but that tweet is pretty clear

I wonder what a total revamp of the coaching staff would look like. Maybe like Harbaugh getting fired from San Fran :|

That is one end of the spectrum with a team that was already on the way down.

The other end would be the Rams firing Fisher, Eagles firing Kelly, or the Falcons firing Mike Smith.

We still have Paul Allen. ;)

Your comparing Pete to Jeff Fischer, Chip Kelly and Mike Smith? Come on bro

No. You completely missed the point there.

I'm saying that is the other end of the spectrum. Did you read the post? :roll:

We are likely somewhere between the 2 extremes.

Jville

Reaction score
Pete CarrollVerified account
@PeteCarroll

Seattle Seahawks head coach. All about helping people be the best they can be. Always Compete. #GoHawks #12s
................................ just a friendly highlighted reminder of what Carroll's program is all about.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2dn0w97q said:
Dib you have a valid point. Remember when Chip first took the helm at Philly? He burned out in a hot minute though.

True, but a couple years later they found their coach and now look at them.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
NJlargent":2biz7jfo said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2biz7jfo said:
Dib you have a valid point. Remember when Chip first took the helm at Philly? He burned out in a hot minute though.

True, but a couple years later they found their coach and now look at them.

And a QB worth his salt

randomation

Reaction score
Unless Cable and Bevell are gone after this season it may seriously be time for Pete to step aside because he isn't willing to apply his always compete philosophy to coaches and it's losing him the locker room.

bandiger

Reaction score
randomation":3pdjq9lc said:
Unless Cable and Bevell are gone after this season it may seriously be time for Pete to step aside because he isn't willing to apply his always compete philosophy to coaches and it's losing him the locker room.

He'll become the next Caldwell if he keeps this same staff. All important game and they produce another slow ass start.

endzorn

Reaction score
I love Pete, but we'll find out if the game has passed him by if he retains the same assistants. He was a progressive coach who recognized faults and addressed them early in his stint, but he's been stubborn lately and that is showing itself today.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Pete Carroll as NFC's best coach or comparing him to Bill Belichick is downright the funniest thing i've ever seen on here.

I don't recall Belichick or any elite NFL Head Coach ever pulling this in Super Bowl with the chance to repeat:

It's been all downhill for Seahawks ever since this happened.

[youtube]U7rPIg7ZNQ8[/youtube]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
endzorn":2iaksnz3 said:
I love Pete, but we'll find out if the game has passed him by if he retains the same assistants. He was a progressive coach who recognized faults and addressed them early in his stint, but he's been stubborn lately and that is showing itself today.

If he even stays.

randomation

Reaction score
I'm so sick of going into a shell the instant we get a lead or that we get in range for a kick. Our playcalling changes insanely when we are down to something approaching competence and then the instant we get a lead or get in "range" for a kick we go back into a shell.

JimmyG

Reaction score
AgentDib":1x3n07yu said:
Fans will always be into the cult of the new; Arians was the hot NFC coach not even two full seasons ago. Last season some of the exact same posters in this thread were saying that Dak and Zeke would own the NFC for the next decade.

The complainy fans are always the most insular as you cannot watch the broader NFL spectrum and still maintain some of these naive beliefs. Your hometown team isn't more talented than everybody else forever, worse teams beat better teams, and the newest success always seems the brightest but it seldom lasts. Reversion to the mean is real and it's silly to trend a few good outcomes infinitely upwards.

The entertainment around these discussions is predicting which hot team everybody is going to be concerned about next. Meanwhile, other NFC teams have consistently been concerned about the Seahawks.
Fantastic post.

"Cult of the new"... I like that. The grass is always greener on the other side, right? People assume that just because we change coordinators or coaches that it's going to be an improvement. Addition by subtraction. Sorry, but given how successful our coaches -- yes, even Bevell -- have been, there's a pretty good chance we we won't be better ... we might legitimately be worse.

Fans have this delusional belief that "bad playcalling" is unique to their team. It's not. Everybody complains about their OC's alleged shortcomings.

People accuse Carroll of being stubborn, or of being a dinosaur. So what? Despite this, he's been virtually without equal in terms of success. Belichick is pretty much the only one that surpasses him in terms of sustained success these past 6 years. Meanwhile, you have a coach like Chip Kelly -- a guy who inarguably ran one of the most innovative and unique offenses we've seen in the last decade -- who was a complete flash in the pan.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Pete is best coach that Seahawks always sit back most of the game and try mount the miracle come back to win.

Sounds awful lot like someone else I know...

Same old crap john cena

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
One bad season, riddled by injuries and incompetent offensive play calling, does not change Pete Carroll's HoF coaching resume.

Fade

Reaction score
Arians was more impressive this year than Carroll. He had a top 2 runningback miss most of they year along with Carson Palmer, tons of other injuries. He still found a way to go 8-8 with Drew Stanton & Blaine Gabbert. I think that is far more impressive than what Pete Carroll did going 9-7 w/Russell Wilson.

All that being said going forward I think Pete should still rank ahead of him because Bruce is probably retiring. Pete will drop like a stone though if he retains Bevell & Cable.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
hawknation2017":wppmyyuj said:
One bad season, riddled by injuries and incompetent offensive play calling, does not change Pete Carroll's HoF coaching resume.

It's been 3 bad seasons since SB vs Pats:

2015: 10-6 (Lost Divisional at Carolina) 31-24

2016: 10-5-1 (Lost Divisional at Atlanta) 36-20

2017: 9-7 (miss playoffs)

Both Divisional losses were blowouts. Seattle coming back at the end in Carolina made it look respectable on the scoreboard. Injuries is lame excuse. Every team has to deal with them too. Offensive play calling has been like this for several yrs.

Fade

Reaction score
Bevell & Cable are back... he's dropping.

I will wait until after the NFC Playoffs are over, and necro bump this thread.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Look at the bright side, at least Pete won't be busy preparing for the playoffs. He'll have plenty of time to work on his lifetime achievement NFC's Best Coach award speech.

Fade

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vbgaapy said:
Look at the bright side, at least Pete won't be busy preparing for the playoffs. He'll have plenty of time to work on his lifetime achievement NFC's Best Coach award speech.
Fimages2F3d8eb1e9c497abc46370cee9b55d682f2Ftenor