Pete Carroll supporting Sarkisian all the way..

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Dennis Erickson also got a DWI less than one month after being named coach of the Seahawks. :16:

stang233

Reaction score
GauranDAMtee drunk Sark can call better plays than Bevell on his best day. Fire Bevell tomorrow.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":24voa24u said:
He's supporting a friend with a disease. What would you expect?

Feel sorry for those tying in sophomoric comments about our OC into this serious post. Just shows their character IMHO
Disease? Not a disease at all... More like being drunk moron, no one to blame but Sark himself.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
stang233":1ys1fzkg said:
GauranDAMtee drunk Sark can call better plays than Bevell on his best day. Fire Bevell tomorrow.

No.

SC was dominating UW on the ground Thursday night and Sark decided to get cute and started passing for no reason. A script every UW and SC fan can attest to.

Just No.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1h0sxbb7 said:
Siouxhawk":1h0sxbb7 said:
I like the way our coach does things. Coming off of two Super Bowls, he knows what he is doing. Bevell is the right fit for the job.

Unless, Carroll decides he is not the right fit for the job, likely following this season. In which case, you will suffer from a bit of schizophrenia: supporting every Carroll decision, while at the same time believing that Bevell is in no way responsible for any of the offense's previous inconsistencies. Good luck with that.

Are you saying Bevell is responsible for RW's lack of a sex life? Who knew? :Dunno:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1b472h0x said:
Siouxhawk":1b472h0x said:

Feel sorry for those tying in sophomoric comments about our OC into this serious post. Just shows their character IMHO
Disease? Not a disease at all... More like being drunk moron, no one to blame but Sark himself.

You don't believe drug addiction is a disease?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":34chula4 said:
LymonHawk":34chula4 said:
Siouxhawk":34chula4 said:

^^^^^^ This! What's wrong with PC supporting Sark? Has people's hate removed all compassion?

Something about 'Let he without sin...' comes to mind here.
Exactly! Just like I support you and your Pot Headedness!

Thanks!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":582vztcs said:

True, but he really has chosen the best of the diseases out there, correct? I mean, compared to ebola, alcoholism is pretty good.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1q3bvyy3 said:
seahawkfreak":1q3bvyy3 said:
Rob12":1q3bvyy3 said:
Pete Carroll is a class act.

I hope Sark finds a way to beat this thing. I don't know what a divorce is like, but I can only imagine that it's extremely rough. He needs help in the worst way and my hope is he seeks it earnestly.

Thing that really sucks is not only is he having major problems, they are on full view for everyone to see and judge him. Im sure he can muscle through this but to have your "rock bottom" moment in the lime light is a catastrophe. Really feel for the dude.

I've never suffered from Alcoholism, so I can't comment from personal experience.

Its just mind blowing that a guy can have it all, and end up losing his wife, his high profile job, millions of dollars and his dignity all within a 2 month time frame due to it.

So glad he got himself out of UW when he did. What an epic train wreck.

From what I'm hearing on the sports talk shows, his problem has been going on for years.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1ptzbas7 said:
Siouxhawk":1ptzbas7 said:

^^^^^^ This! What's wrong with PC supporting Sark? Has people's hate removed all compassion?

Something about 'Let he without sin...' comes to mind here.
I'm not a huge Sark fan by any stretch (and no I wasnt mad when he left the UW), but as a fellow human being I hope the guy gets the help he needs and can patch his life back together. Luckily I've never had addiction issues but know folks that have and the demons they battle can be very fierce. I've seen family's torn apart by addiction, I feel real sad for his children, and wife (soon to be ex). Hopefully he WANTS to get help.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
LymonHawk":txg1f53v said:
Hawkpower":txg1f53v said:
seahawkfreak":txg1f53v said:
Rob12":txg1f53v said:

I hope Sark finds a way to beat this thing. I don't know what a divorce is like, but I can only imagine that it's extremely rough. He needs help in the worst way and my hope is he seeks it earnestly.

Thing that really sucks is not only is he having major problems, they are on full view for everyone to see and judge him. Im sure he can muscle through this but to have your "rock bottom" moment in the lime light is a catastrophe. Really feel for the dude.

I've never suffered from Alcoholism, so I can't comment from personal experience.

Its just mind blowing that a guy can have it all, and end up losing his wife, his high profile job, millions of dollars and his dignity all within a 2 month time frame due to it.

From what I'm hearing on the sports talk shows, his problem has been going on for years.

Yep thats the word.

With the stories coming out, it crazy to ponder how he was able to keep it out of the Seattle media.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2ghaccnf said:
Hawkpower":2ghaccnf said:
seahawkfreak":2ghaccnf said:
Rob12":2ghaccnf said:

I heard rumors about it in his second year here, but they were so outlandish I thought they were extreme exaggerations, sadly it turns out they may have been true.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3mxkzvvn said:
Siouxhawk":3mxkzvvn said:

It's a disease. He needs help

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
THE CHANGING NARRATIVE OF A LOATHED, LOVED, AND ENABLED STEVE SARKISIAN

A disease. A medical condition. A weakness. A flaw. An addiction.

Alcoholism is labeled in a number of different ways, which might be why it’s so hard for us to determine how we feel about it. It makes us sad, confused, angry, frustrated, hurt. Sometimes, amidst the laughter and jubilation of the atmosphere in which it is cultivated, we don’t even know we’re staring an alcohol problem straight in the eye. So as it cooks and bubbles and rises to the surface like hot magma inside a rumbling volcano, we pretend it’s not even there, that’s it not a thing.

We joke about it, we chuckle at every one of our friends we deem a borderline alcoholic, and we keep the party going until that climactic moment when we simply cannot rage any longer. And then, suddenly, it’s not fun anymore.

This is where we find Steve Sarkisian.

By this point, not one week into its life cycle, you’ve probably heard the story. The former University of Washington head football coach is now the former University of Southern California head football coach, fired on Monday after being placed on indefinite leave just 24 hours prior. The absence was necessitated by a substance abuse problem that, based on most reports, indicated Sarkisian was struggling with a severe alcohol dependency. Shortly after the absence begat termination, it was made public that the 41-year-old had admitted himself to a rehabilitation facility.

Substance abuse has officially wrecked Sarkisian’s career.

http://seattlesportsnet.com/2015/10/12/ ... sarkisian/

chris98251

Reaction score
I think if he goes thru his program he will get a opportunity with the Seahawks in some capacity, he's part of Pete's coaching tree, Pete will give him a chance to prove himself, probably not a high profile position, QB Coach, Conditioning Coach, assistant OC to whomever is the OC.

A prove himself type situation like with Scott.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3s5f8kmr said:
I think if he goes thru his program he will get a opportunity with the Seahawks in some capacity, he's part of Pete's coaching tree, Pete will give him a chance to prove himself, probably not a high profile position, QB Coach, Conditioning Coach, assistant OC to whomever is the OC.

A prove himself type situation like with Scott.
Carl Smith and Darrell Bevell aren't going anywhere. But yeah, I could see Pete helping him out whatever way he can.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Pete has always seeks out great minds when it comes to coaching. Given his proclivity to be around greater minds, it is baffling why he shows such loyalty to Bevell. I hope Sark gets help but in no way would I want him to be Bevell's successor. I would love to see Holmgren get involved if possible.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I guarendamntee any of the people here and elsewhere that are making light of or marginalizing Sark's addiction problem have never seen up close what addiction does to a person and their loved ones/family.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":792h8i7c said:
RunTheBall":792h8i7c said:
Siouxhawk":792h8i7c said:

You don't believe drug addiction is a disease?

I don't. I understand that they call it that, but I think of a disease as something that can't be stopped by will power. I understand some people have a genetic predisposition to addiction--my family has been turned upside down by it--but if those people don't try it, you can't become addicted. It's just that simple.