Pete Carroll Wants to Accelerate the Process for Wilson

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
They should bring in a qb whisperer to have these sessions with russ. Not Pete.

Maybe holmgren or someone who really knows the position.

Rob12

Reaction score
Love it. It's time, and RW can handle the load.

Pete saying this is a clear clue that Marshawn is done as a member of the Seattle Seahawks, IMO. Pretty bittersweet... But this team probably needs to move on. Rawls is an insanely exciting young back who should continue to get better.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It's not that surprising. Most "franchise" QBs make the big jump at around Year 7.

However, it's starting to happen earlier with the new crop of QBs. Cam and Dalton showed you can make a leap in Year 5.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawknation2015":59zn1fna said:
Those jump balls to Kearse were the kind of perfect throws we were waiting to see him throw to Graham.

????? Stay on subject, bro.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3uml86yu said:
hawknation2015":3uml86yu said:
Those jump balls to Kearse were the kind of perfect throws we were waiting to see him throw to Graham.

????? Stay on subject, bro.

Speaking to Russell's maturation as a QB. He seemed to struggle to connect with jump balls to Graham for the early part of the season. It was nice to see Russell throw up some perfect jump balls in the final game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2hhajkl3 said:
So if this is true then Wilson will be even better next year, they have given Wilson a slow progression for the last 4 years and now they are going to accelerate that process so he can get better faster.

Jimmy Graham will like the evolution of Wilson's pocket passing presence.

Greater is Coming.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ll-wilson/

The real info is right in Pete's final press conference. Don't read the crap PFT spins and spews. There is nothing about 'accelerating' anything. Pete just thinks they are ready to take next step from a knowledge perspective. Russell will learn much more about defenses and what that are trying to do, and Earl will get the same angle on offenses. Pete also said Sherm wants to join Earl in these class sessions. It goes way beyond tape study. For example, he's gonna teach Russ about how a defense works, all the way down to things such as run fits. More from a DC perspective than a player looking at tape.

fan4life

Reaction score
This confirms what many believed was the case all along. Namely that RW was 'held back' until Lynch (and Rawls) went down. My guess is that he had little input into game-planning and was only sporadically able, at the LOS, to change a called play. Got to figure he wasn't consulted about in-game opportunities to deviate from the installed plan, either.

Good for Russ, and Earl. This 'learning' can certainly lead to coaching opportunities, long after their playing days are over, should they desire to go down that path.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This would seem to support the theory that Pete and Bevell have been deliberately running with a simplified offense. If it's for the sake of Wilson's progress, that's probably the best reason to do it, although I still think it really betrayed them this year.

I've always gotten the sense that Pete has run a real careful development program for Wilson. Early in his rookie year, I remember Warren Moon mentioning how Wilson was bugging Pete for more responsibility and more playbook. Really made it sound like Pete had mapped out where things were going for the guy - and that he was probably erring on the conservative side.

If next year is the year where Pete and Bevell finally throw all that to the wind, well, that's exciting. Russell is ready. (It also suggests we're going offense early in the draft.)

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ouovjsd said:
This would seem to support the theory that Pete and Bevell have been deliberately running with a simplified offense. If it's for the sake of Wilson's progress, that's probably the best reason to do it, although I still think it really betrayed them this year.

I've always gotten the sense that Pete has run a real careful development program for Wilson. Early in his rookie year, I remember Warren Moon mentioning how Wilson was bugging Pete for more responsibility and more playbook. Really made it sound like Pete had mapped out where things were going for the guy - and that he was probably erring on the conservative side.

If next year is the year where Pete and Bevell finally throw all that to the wind, well, that's exciting. Russell is ready. (It also suggests we're going offense LINE early in the draft.)

There, I can agree with this.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Pete stressed a desire to avoid the protection problems in the early part of the season next year. I think he'd like to see a 2013 like start rather than 2014 / 2015.

Russell Wilson behind an offensive line that's a strength rather than a weakness would be pretty radical.

chris98251

Reaction score
Laloosh":16nj9r63 said:
Pete stressed a desire to avoid the protection problems in the early part of the season next year. I think he'd like to see a 2013 like start rather than 2014 / 2015.

Russell Wilson behind an offensive line that's a strength rather than a weakness would be pretty radical.

So were trading for the Cowboys O Line?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
blue 22":1bn3ucqz said:
Am I the only one who is not optimistic about this? bevells still here right?
Haha, poor Bevell. I see it as Pete preparing to give Russ even more latitude to check out of ill-advised Bevell play calls.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":zfc53uwt said:
Cool, Russell Farve is about to arrive !!!

Yeah probably not that extreme more like Russell Rodgers, Favre turned the ball over way to much.