Pete Carroll "What did Boldin do tonight?"

Hawknight

Reaction score
Pete Carroll: ‘What did Anquan do tonight?’

Posted on September 16, 2013 at 10:20 am by Eric Branch in 49ers, featured
blog.sfgate.com

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/09/16 ... o-tonight/

"Meanwhile, Seattle coach Pete Carroll highlighted the disparity in the 49ers’ offensive totals a week after their 34-28 win against Green Bay. In Week 1, quarterback Colin Kaepernick (20.1 rating, 4 turnovers Sunday) threw for 412 yards and wideout Anquan Boldin (1 catch, 7 yards) had 13 receptions for 208 yards.

“They got nothing done,” Carroll said. “What were their numbers? What did Anquan do tonight? Their quarterback threw for (412) last week. He threw for (127) tonight.”

I wouldn’t exactly term this trash talk, but it’s unusual to hear a coach call out an opposing player by name when referencing his puny stats."

Love that smiling pic of Carroll....hope you liked your birthday present yesterday!!!!!! Niners all wrapped up!

PNWJoshua

Reaction score
While yes, that statement seems to be trash talk, listen to the full audio and it is clear that it was not. It was simply a statement of accomplishment for the hawk D vs a very good niners offence.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yeah, he's just talking up his own guys. To even single out Boldin by name is more a sign of respect than anything. He's recognizing that Boldin is an impact player in this league, and that Seattle's D came up big in limiting him.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Remember guys, it was nothing the Seahawks did, it was the niners who simply didn't execute. Even Boldin is Kapernicking.

"We didn't execute the way we should have across the board," Boldin said. "It wasn't nothing that they did. It was us not executing, point blank."

Boldin, who was defended by Seahawks All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman for much of the game, had some thoughts on the style of play from Seattle's secondary, however.

"If you can get away with some stuff, then you continue to do it," he said.

HawkWow

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1y7behjr said:
Yeah, he's just talking up his own guys. To even single out Boldin by name is more a sign of respect than anything. He's recognizing that Boldin is an impact player in this league, and that Seattle's D came up big in limiting him.

This and he may have taken exception to Boldin's very agro shove on the unsuspecting, defenseless Richard Sherman. As great as Boldin has been, he's not all that now. He is not quick enough to get off the line, avoiding the jam and has resorted to simply over-powering the DB. That won't work against our equally physical DB(s) and now the rest of the league has a template on how to play him (if they have a physical DB). I was not in the least bit surprised we took his game away from him so Pete likely wasn't either. When they signed AB, my first thought was that he'd be impotent vs. Browner. Sherman filled in nicely, lol.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":27myo9t6 said:
Remember guys, it was nothing the Seahawks did, it was the niners who simply didn't execute. Even Boldin is Kapernicking.

"We didn't execute the way we should have across the board," Boldin said. "It wasn't nothing that they did. It was us not executing, point blank."

Boldin, who was defended by Seahawks All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman for much of the game, had some thoughts on the style of play from Seattle's secondary, however.

Exactly - to credit the Seahawks D with keeping the 49ers offense from executing would be a bold statement from somone who obviously didn't watch the game.

/that was sarcasm

Laloosh

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2rtvepce said:

That's funny. 05:44 left in the 2nd quarter, Boldin was doing crap like this... Play over, no whistle yet so Boldin's taking his shots.

BUUBmpfCYAALK 4

BUUBrvoCYAA8 Bi

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah Boldin seemed like he was spending more time trying to start crap than make plays.

He would run straight at defenders every single play and try to draw PIs and holding calls. Then he would shove Sherman or whoever else was around to try and get in their heads.

Hey, Boldin: If you tried to get open you might have a little more success.

Eh, against us...maybe not.

Axx

Reaction score
Boldin is more mad than Tom Brady

C-Dub

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":314x6bfq said:
twisted_steel2":314x6bfq said:

That's funny. 05:44 left in the 2nd quarter, Boldin was doing crap like this... Play over, no whistle yet so Boldin's taking his shots.

BUUBmpfCYAALK 4

BUUBrvoCYAA8 Bi
That's a great play by Boldin. Sherm would do the same thing if the roles were reversed. He needs to pay attention to what's going on around him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
C-Dub":1j2axhs6 said:
That's a great play by Boldin. Sherm would do the same thing if the roles were reversed. He needs to pay attention to what's going on around him.

I never said he shouldn't do these things. We do this sort of thing all the time. Point being, Sherm wasn't bitching about Boldin trying to get away with stuff. Was the other way around :th2thumbs:

C-Dub

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2kq0jxei said:
C-Dub":2kq0jxei said:

I never said he shouldn't do these things. We do this sort of thing all the time. Point being, Sherm wasn't bitching about Boldin trying to get away with stuff. Was the other way around :th2thumbs:
Yup! Agreed!

Reminds me of Garcon incident.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I saw that push by Boldin as well. Didn't bother me though considering how physical Sherm plays him. That's how you get away with playing like that, you dish it out and you take it.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I'm amazed no Seahawks got injured with the cheap shots the 49ers were administering. At the end of the day the physicality of the Hawks reduced their players to a bag of a smashed @ss****s

Red Beard

Reaction score
I'm going to be completely honest here. Anquan has been one of my favorite receivers to watch since his days with the Cardinals. Of course, I hated seeing him do well against the Hawks, but his style of play at the receiver position has always been fun to watch (at least for me). He's not as reliable as he once was, but something I've noticed recently even though it's a pretty big difference is that when Golden Tate gets the ball in his hands (or even thrown in his direction), I light up with joy and anticipation for what I might see in the next few seconds (eerily similar to how I did with Boldin). Marshawn Lynch handles the Beast Mode in the running game, but Golden Tate is the same way receiving, albeit not as powerful...but he doesn't have to be going against corners and safeties.

Anyway, it was a pleasure seeing us dismantle the 9ers on offense. It was a pleasure watching Anquan Boldin on the sidelines looking extremely upset and amidst my feverish grin, Boldin looked straight into the camera at that moment and said to me, "F my life. Get me out of this place". Even though this win is early in the season, that image will forever be filed away in my memory. Thank you Seahawks and thank you Anquan Boldin for looking so disgusted with your team.

Latest posts