Pete Carroll

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
You generally don't win it all if you're not a contender to begin with. We are still one of the elite teams in the league, so our chasm to cross over to championship territory is slim compared to most.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1m3f7it0 said:
You generally don't win it all if you're not a contender to begin with. We are still one of the elite teams in the league, so our chasm to cross over to championship territory is slim compared to most.

No, we are not.

With some work over the off-season maybe by the time the 2017 rolls around.

As of now, these Hawks are not an elite team. After the thrashing by Atlanta, how can you call us an elite team?

:34853_doh: :34853_doh:

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":309z3t25 said:

And regressing. Next is mediocre, after that placeholder. You seem to be cool every step of the way. Obvious regression in all phases is not a winning philosophy, but somehow you are totally fine with it.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2jawlue1 said:
Siouxhawk":2jawlue1 said:

And regressing. Next is mediocre, after that placeholder. You seem to be cool every step of the way. Obvious regression in all phases is not a winning philosophy, but somehow you are totally fine with it.

Agreed. Hawks are backtracking and have been since the SB loss.

For anyone to say, "We are good. We are contending. We are an elite team" is either blind, or playing the fool in here.

We have some talent, we have some potential, but the Hawks need to make some changes if we are to stop this multi-year slide.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":poo2nswk said:
Siouxhawk":poo2nswk said:

Na. We're still at the elite level and not regressing. We will win a Super Bowl again in the next 3 years. We are that close.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3undpqj8 said:
johnnyfever":3undpqj8 said:
Siouxhawk":3undpqj8 said:

Na. We're still at the elite level and not regressing. We will win a Super Bowl again in the next 3 years. We are that close.

Yeah...

dancefail-4.gif

TexasHawk95

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1613gje2 said:
If I were Pete I would have 4 closed door meetings.

!st-Players only meeting. Separate the offense and the defense. Ask them to write down anonymously what they see is holding the team as a whole back.

2nd-Coaches meeting-Do the exact same thing.

3rd-a sit down with John to really look at what they see the problems are. This might be a series of meetings, tape room study, talent evalutaion.

4th-sit down with Paul Allen. What does he see and hear as an owner. Is he happy with the status quo?

After these meetings, identify the common threads. If you hear a consistent complaint, those are the first on the list to change. Make 5 achievable goals by preseason. Might be roster changes, coach replacement, even a tweaking of his own philosophy. Evolve or die.

We have seen a peak at the superbowl win and a steady decline after. find out why and fix it, or just be mediocre and sell a few less hats.

Good news about becoming shitty again is I could afford and be able to buy season tix! Watch us lose from good seats.
Seriously? A team that has gone to at least the divisional round of the playoffs five years in a row, has been to two Super Bowls during that time and just won their division isn't "shitty." You want to see shitty...look at Jacksonville or Cleveland.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3dfcv402 said:
johnnyfever":3dfcv402 said:
Siouxhawk":3dfcv402 said:

I have no response to this-kinda speaks for itself doesn't it?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
johnnyfever":tfj5rtyq said:
Siouxhawk":tfj5rtyq said:
johnnyfever":tfj5rtyq said:
Siouxhawk":tfj5rtyq said:

That it does.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2bwpvh6r said:
Siouxhawk":2bwpvh6r said:
johnnyfever":2bwpvh6r said:
Siouxhawk":2bwpvh6r said:

I don't understand why this is so hard to believe or comprehend.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1pidjzm1 said:
johnnyfever":1pidjzm1 said:
Siouxhawk":1pidjzm1 said:

Stop it you're losing what little respect I have for you have for you after that silly Traveris Jackson White Knight debacle.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3s7lqlks said:
I don't understand why this is so hard to believe or comprehend.
I realize that, which makes all the rest of our brains bleed.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1lh9inlx said:
Carroll is the greatest coach in our franchise history.

His loyalty to the offensive and defensive coordinators may be holding this team back imo, but who knows.

He, along with Schneider will be aggressive this offseason. If there's anyone out there who knows what it takes to keep this roster competitive, it's him.

He will retire before he gets fired. He's earned that much for sure. We're lucky he's leading this team. Advancing to the Divisional round of the playoffs 5 years in a row is incredible, and something I never thought the Seahawks could do growing up.

If the team continues to underperform will he truly retire or will he "retire" via getting shown the door via gentlemanly terms.

Josea16

Reaction score
TexasHawk95":5q6xvegl said:
johnnyfever":5q6xvegl said:

!st-Players only meeting. Separate the offense and the defense. Ask them to write down anonymously what they see is holding the team as a whole back.

3rd-a sit down with John to really look at what they see the problems are. This might be a series of meetings, tape room study, talent evalutaion.

4th-sit down with Paul Allen. What does he see and hear as an owner. Is he happy with the status quo?

After these meetings, identify the common threads. If you hear a consistent complaint, those are the first on the list to change. Make 5 achievable goals by preseason. Might be roster changes, coach replacement, even a tweaking of his own philosophy. Evolve or die.

We have seen a peak at the superbowl win and a steady decline after. find out why and fix it, or just be mediocre and sell a few less hats.

Good news about becoming shitty again is I could afford and be able to buy season tix! Watch us lose from good seats.
Seriously? A team that has gone to at least the divisional round of the playoffs five years in a row, has been to two Super Bowls during that time and just won their division isn't "shitty." You want to see shitty...look at Jacksonville or Cleveland.
That isn't shifty that's incompetent. Shitt is Kansas City with Alex Smith. All the talent in the world yet still losers because their quarterback sucks and they haven't even tried to draft a serious prospect since 1984. At least Cleveland tries and fails year after year.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Josea16":2u0dgs0g said:
TexasHawk95":2u0dgs0g said:
johnnyfever":2u0dgs0g said:

That isn't shifty that's incompetent. Shifty is Kansas City with Alex Smith. All the the talent in the world yet still losers because their quarterback sucks and they haven't even tried to draft a serious prospect since 1984 at least Cleveland tries and fails year after year.
To clarify, I'm not saying we are shitty now, or the next year, probably not the one after that. What I am saying is that is where the arrow is pointing.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Josea16":1d4aqh9l said:
Siouxhawk":1d4aqh9l said:
johnnyfever":1d4aqh9l said:
Siouxhawk":1d4aqh9l said:

Stop it you're losing what little respect I have for you have for you after that silly Traveris Jackson White Knight debacle.
White Knight? The hell?

Josea16

Reaction score
Hence the reason I'm not happy, we can fix this right now pretty easily but not in a year or two. I believe change at the coaching level would provide the needed shakeup from the toxic atmosphere surrounding this team and you don't. Usually my view is correct so prove why I'm not.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3czrsacl said:
Josea16":3czrsacl said:
@Souixhawk,

I was very clear. Prove me wrong.
What were you clear about? That is unclear.
I think a change in coaches will do wonders. Clear? Cable specifically.