Pete Carroll

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Josea16":44mpirg6 said:
Siouxhawk":44mpirg6 said:
Josea16":44mpirg6 said:
@Souixhawk,

I was very clear. Prove me wrong.
What were you clear about? That is unclear.
I think a change in coaches will do wonders. Clear? Cable specifically.
And I don't think that's the ultimate answer. We aren't broken; just need a tuneup.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":14dyc3bp said:
Josea16":14dyc3bp said:
Siouxhawk":14dyc3bp said:
Josea16":14dyc3bp said:
@Souixhawk,

I was very clear. Prove me wrong.
What were you clear about? That is unclear.
I think a change in coaches will do wonders. Clear? Cable specifically.
And I don't think that's the ultimate answer. We aren't broken; just need a tuneup.
Maybe but don't begrudge me for the difference in opinion.

onepicknick

Reaction score
I think Pete will feel the heat and cut ties with Cable after watching tape on the line and this is a stretch but hopefully cut ties with Bevell realizing they no longer COM Pete LOL. Did anyone notice how the Rees did for Ifedi I thought he was A step up, what happen to compete for your job?

Draft some hungry or stay with some undrafted hungry players let one or two beat out the veterans, this seem to be his formula before not so much now. Stay away from free agency we seem to get the short end of the stick with one exception.

The up and downs were horrific this year it was like watching happy gilmore one game they have things fixed laughing and dancing the next they're chocking each other.

Josea16

Reaction score
onepicknick":1elbgcbt said:
I think Pete will feel the heat and cut ties with Cable after watching tape on the line and this is a stretch but hopefully cut ties with Bevell realizing they no longer COM Pete LOL. Did anyone notice how the Rees did for Ifedi I thought he was A step up, what happen to compete for your job?

Draft some hungry or stay with some undrafted hungry players let one or two beat out the veterans, this seem to be his formula before not so much now. Stay away from free agency we seem to get the short end of the stick with one exception.

The up and downs were horrific this year it was like watching happy gilmore one game they have things fixed laughing and dancing the next they're chocking each other.
Yes, but we just need an average OL. Nobody left has anything above average except possibly Atlanta? So yes Cable needs to go already before he ends Wilson's career.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
onepicknick":2ln2fjxo said:

You really thought Odhiambo was a step up from Ifedi?
Did you see him step on Russ's foot in a play that resulted in a safety? Or those complete blocking whiffs that resulted in a couple of sacks. He had a miserable game my friend.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":39kfdowt said:
onepicknick":39kfdowt said:

Did you see him step on Russ's foot in a play that resulted in a safety? Or those complete blocking whiffs that resulted in a couple of sacks. He had a miserable game my friend.

The O line had a miserable season, that's the whole line Britt learned to be a Center but we still had pressure up the middle. I think he still has work to do making line calls.

1000's and 1000's of fans can see it, one fan with rose colored glasses and the .NET mouthpiece of Bevell isn't going to convince the masses.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2jvo249y said:
Siouxhawk":2jvo249y said:
onepicknick":2jvo249y said:

The O line had a miserable season, that's the whole line Britt learned to be a Center but we still had pressure up the middle. I think he still has work to do making line calls.

1000's and 1000's of fans can see it, one fan with rose colored glasses and the .NET mouthpiece of Bevell isn't going to convince the masses.
Are you saying that I don't think the line needs help? Not what I was suggesting. The line should be our primary area of concentration going into next season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Are you saying that I don't think the line needs help? Not what I was suggesting. The line should be our primary area of concentration going into next season.

You have stated all season that were in the playoffs, Bevell is GOD, we have a great offense and it's tops etc. Nothing is Bevells fault it's the players for not doing what he says and on and on.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":vhi99s1q said:
Siouxhawk":vhi99s1q said:
onepicknick":vhi99s1q said:

Chris being the voice of reason....? Not sure if that's good or bad but I'm good with it. Guys, this team needs a fix. My opinion is it is a coaching level thing not player how about you guys?

We don't need a bunch of new great players on the OL. We need the proper scheme for our OL. ZBS will not be allowed in the NFTFL. :stirthepot:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":qvxcu5tz said:
Siouxhawk":qvxcu5tz said:
No changes are necessary. We go into next year as an instant contender.
Mods, this HAS to be trolling. There's no other explanation.

I can think of several reasons.....but I would be banned should I print them.

Josea16

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":f9auogou said:
Siouxhawk":f9auogou said:
No changes are necessary. We go into next year as an instant contender.
Mods, this HAS to be trolling. There's no other explanation.
I wish I could do the gif thing... but it's called white knighting by us non baby boomers and non millennium types..... we're only kind of hip.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Drafting is our main issue, not coaching. I'm not sure why you guys keep blaming coaches who have taken us to two back to back SBs. Yes, we lost Quinn, but he is not coming back to run the D#.
We MUST Draft much better. Especially on the O-Line.
Look at the Steelers O-Line ... Nobody touches their RB, until he decides to hit the hole. Our RB don't even have time to get the ball, D-Linemen are in our backfield.

chris98251

Reaction score
joeseahawks":4j3kpwar said:
Drafting is our main issue, not coaching. I'm not sure why you guys keep blaming coaches who have taken us to two back to back SBs. Yes, we lost Quinn, but he is not coming back to run the D#.
We MUST Draft much better. Especially on the O-Line.
Look at the Steelers O-Line ... Nobody touches their RB, until he decides to hit the hole. Our RB don't even have time to get the ball, D-Linemen are in our backfield.

Did you watch the power run scheme they use, the same one that was successful against the Lions, our O line tries to cut the d line and they are not that good at it in the ZBS, we have drafted players our scheme seems to be the issue. When we power run and go North and South and stick with it we actually look respectable.

hawker84

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":fc5ucw1s said:
You generally don't win it all if you're not a contender to begin with. We are still one of the elite teams in the league, so our chasm to cross over to championship territory is slim compared to most.

Elite? We were hardly elite this year, on either side of the ball. And our Chasm is getting larger every year.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I look for Pete to play it smart and encourage the people who aren't performing to really look at taking the next step.... Hopefully to San Fran. He's no dummy, he knows where the problems are. Hell, Sherman spread that all over the news. I wouldn't begin to guess what he's going to do in the off season. If Cable leaves, I'm afraid Bevell is here for the long haul.

Schadie001

Reaction score
What has Carroll done in the time he has been with Seattle. Oh ya, won a SB, went to back to back SBs, which we lost on dam near the last play of the game. Taken us to the playoffs in 5 consecutive years. But hey, we could be Cleveland. You guys crack me up. I've been a Hawks fan for as long as I can remember (I'm 44). My parents had season tickets from the start, I believe they got them 2nd or 3rd year. I grew up going to games in the Kingdome, I also grew up watching some good Seahawks teams and then about 2 decades of awfulness. We are spoiled. Sure we expect more but I work with a Browns fan, a Ravens fan, a Giants fan, Broncos fan, and Saints fan. All of which did not make the playoffs. But yet here we are ready for a fire sale because we lost in round 2. I'm as disappointed as the next guy. But coaches are coaches they don't play. Players play and if players don't execute it doesn't matter who is calling the plays or coaching the line. You are going to lose. Our players are to blame 100 percent. They did not execute, the did not block, they did not cover. The blame rests soley on their shoulders. My coach used to tell us that every play should be a TD if executed correctly. Until our players decide they want to perfect their skill, we can axe all the coaches and it won't matter.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
We go to the divisional round for the 5th year in a row and some of you want Carroll gone and the team blown up.... mind boggling