Pete Carroll

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
To improve next season we simply need improvement by the current starters (especially the young OL), step ups by the current backups for better depth, the normal influx of talent to compete, and the biggest wild-card of all: better luck on the injury front. All are doable, even likely.

onepicknick

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1kelgp26 said:
onepicknick":1kelgp26 said:
I think Pete will feel the heat and cut ties with Cable after watching tape on the line and this is a stretch but hopefully cut ties with Bevell realizing they no longer COM Pete LOL. Did anyone notice how the Rees did for Ifedi I thought he was A step up, what happen to compete for your job?

Draft some hungry or stay with some undrafted hungry players let one or two beat out the veterans, this seem to be his formula before not so much now. Stay away from free agency we seem to get the short end of the stick with one exception.

The up and downs were horrific this year it was like watching happy gilmore one game they have things fixed laughing and dancing the next they're chocking each other.
You really thought Odhiambo was a step up from Ifedi?
Did you see him step on Russ's foot in a play that resulted in a safety? Or those complete blocking whiffs that resulted in a couple of sacks. He had a miserable game my friend.

Out of 78 guards graded, 2 graded out worse than Ifedi. One of them is a familiar face.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1hgYBmXAAA_nnO.jpg:large

I sort of remembering when Ifedi step on Wilson's foot too. All he'd have to do is be better than three that is not a bad average.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2d236gm6 said:
We go to the divisional round for the 5th year in a row and some of you want Carroll gone and the team blown up.... mind boggling

This willing to settle mindset is what's mind boggling to me. If you really think about it, is winning our division and being knocked out of the playoffs really that different, then not making the playoffs at all? Just ask, KC fans, or Indy fans or several other teams who are always in the playoffs but never go far. You think the players and coaches are satisfied with winning divisions and getting knocked out early? I'd say if they are, they need to find another job.

There is one goal each team has at the beginning of the year, that's winning it all, anything else is a fail.. Just ask Buffalo, Miami... you either win the championship or you fail....

I know some are thrilled that we get to hoist a shiny new division banner up every year, which is great, but who really give a crap about winning a division, unless it meant you went all the way. Hell I'd even settle for Conference banners every year, at least that meant you were in the dance? JMO...

Is making the playoffs every year better than being Cleveland? Obviously. But is it as good as Being NE who seems to be in the Conference championship every year? I would say no......

Mad Dog

Reaction score
My honest thoughts on Pete Carroll:

Best Damn coach we've ever had. Some of you are just spoiled babies if you don't see it.

I'm going to enjoy this ride as long as it lasts and if we never win another SB in his tenure, he's still the best coach we've ever had and it's not even close.

I've been through the dark times. A playoff less decade. Years of "Just wait until next year" as the only hope. Wasted talents of Cortez and Walter. This is the golden era and if you can't appreciate it and feel it needs to be "fixed" somehow you don't understand the NFL very well. The whole thing is designed for parity and only NE and their forces of evil have been able to succeed against the tide pushing everyone to mediocrity. Pete's doing a great job keeping us in competition each year despite the NFL's forces trying to bring everyone back to the middle.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He is a sloppy coach. His teams always have a ton of penalties and his players will do stupid stuff all the time. The thing is he finds some of the best football players in the league and can get them to play with reckless abandon. The thing was at USC he had a loaded offensive coaching staff Norm Chow, Lane Kiffin, and Sark. Pete never needed to worry about what was going on with the offense.

hawker84

Reaction score
Mad Dog":32c0ncwg said:

Best Damn coach we've ever had. Some of you are just spoiled babies if you don't see it.

I'm going to enjoy this ride as long as it lasts and if we never win another SB in his tenure, he's still the best coach we've ever had and it's not even close.

I've been through the dark times. A playoff less decade. Years of "Just wait until next year" as the only hope. Wasted talents of Cortez and Walter. This is the golden era and if you can't appreciate it and feel it needs to be "fixed" somehow you don't understand the NFL very well. The whole thing is designed for parity and only NE and their forces of evil have been able to succeed against the tide pushing everyone to mediocrity. Pete's doing a great job keeping us in competition each year despite the NFL's forces trying to bring everyone back to the middle.

To each his own homey. Been through the dark times as well, not trying to go back. Pete set the bar, as a fan I'm not settling for anything but 110% effort from this franchise to stay at the top. From players, coaches, or FO. But that's me.

Sealake80

Reaction score
If we were healthier this year then we would have gotten home field advantage... Fans show up at the clink ready to do their part? Duh. We're going to the super bowl.

Health was THE biggest issue all year. We do have areas that need to improve. O Line. Hello!

If we get healthy and stay healthier next year - plus we add some quality depth to the competition... we are instant contenders. It's not that hard to get from where we are to where we want to go. Well actually the short distance at the end is the hardest but I have faith. For the Seahawks, with Pete, it's business as usual.

To go from instant contenders to actual Super Bowl Champions we need:

1. Improvement on the O Line
2. Improved interior pass rush/ pass rush in general
3. Our guys healthy and playing at peak level (This is a HUGE issue. What will ET look like next year? Locket? Wilson? Sherman? Procise?). If it doesn't happen then we really are going to be a long ways from the goal.

Count me concerned but excited. Pete is the man. I believe he will get it done.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
hawker84":2eutzbr5 said:
Mad Dog":2eutzbr5 said:

To each his own homey. Been through the dark times as well, not trying to go back. Pete set the bar, as a fan I'm not settling for anything but 110% effort from this franchise to stay at the top. From players, coaches, or FO. But that's me.

Your setting the bar that high for what reason? You don't own the team. At best you show up for 8 Sunday's a year and scream your butt off. At worst you sit in your comfy couch for 3 hours each Sunday watching these guys.

Every franchise tries to stay at the top. Every franchise but NE gets beaten back down. Salary caps, coaching defections, free agency, draft positions all work against the successful. I think you are delusional if you don't think these guys are giving their full effort.

Blowing everything up every time you don't make the SB is what SF does. Much to their demise it seems.

onepicknick

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2fr6uso3 said:
hawker84":2fr6uso3 said:
Mad Dog":2fr6uso3 said:

Your setting the bar that high for what reason? You don't own the team. At best you show up for 8 Sunday's a year and scream your butt off. At worst you sit in your comfy couch for 3 hours each Sunday watching these guys.

Every franchise tries to stay at the top. Every franchise but NE gets beaten back down. Salary caps, coaching defections, free agency, draft positions all work against the successful. I think you are delusional if you don't think these guys are giving their full effort.

Blowing everything up every time you don't make the SB is what SF does. Much to their demise it seems.
Mad dog strange you said that hawk84 doesn't own the Team I have a retail store and a small bar and I tell the customers just one the other day, "The way I feel it's your store the customers I'm just hired to run it for you" He just looked at me and said you know there's a lot of truth to that.

hawker84

Reaction score
Mad Dog":kq4noweu said:
hawker84":kq4noweu said:
Mad Dog":kq4noweu said:

I'll be sure to remember that every time I purchase a game ticket or merchandise.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2teqf3d1 said:

He is the best damn coach we've ever had, I don't think anyone's disputing that.

But that doesn't mean Pete doesn't have some of his own issues and philosophies to work through and improve on.

This isn't an either/or conversation. It's OK to be supportive AND critical, it's called a fully formed fan and human being.

chawx

Reaction score
Status quo? You mean, playoffs? Super Bowl appearances? being competitive in every game for the last 5 years but maybe 3 or 4.... status quo sucks! Wait? Yeah, that's what the group thinks...so, I guess it's right!

StoneCold

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2xny7h5m said:
Siouxhawk":2xny7h5m said:
No changes are necessary. We go into next year as an instant contender.
Mods, this HAS to be trolling. There's no other explanation.

Perhaps it's just a reaction to the "Sky is falling" over reaction that is typical of posters in this thread.

We do not need massive changes to stay competitive.

No team improves every year.

What you want is consistency, year in and year out and a chance to win the SB.

I disagree with those who think the only way that happens is to fire some coaches.

Our greatest needs are to upgrade the Oline and depth in the secondary.

Tasks I think Pete and his staff are up to. Will they succeed 100%? Maybe, but even if they get 75% of that done the Hawks will be fun to watch again next year. What more can I really ask of a sports team?

hawk45

Reaction score
Best coach we've ever had. Rigid in his philosophy and remains to be seen if he is equipped to produce a championship caliber team without a salary cap bubble.

chawx

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather we gut the entire roster (besides Russ, Earl, Kam, Sherm, Wagner, KJ, and Doug B) than touch any of the GM/Coaching staff... make 200 moves or whatever it takes like his first year. With that core and some hungry fresh meat—we would go far IMO

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":9n26lzhy said:
RolandDeschain":9n26lzhy said:
Siouxhawk":9n26lzhy said:
No changes are necessary. We go into next year as an instant contender.
Mods, this HAS to be trolling. There's no other explanation.

Perhaps it's just a reaction to the "Sky is falling" over reaction that is typical of posters in this thread.

We do not need massive changes to stay competitive.

No team improves every year.

What you want is consistency, year in and year out and a chance to win the SB.

I disagree with those who think the only way that happens is to fire some coaches.

Our greatest needs are to upgrade the Oline and depth in the secondary.

Tasks I think Pete and his staff are up to. Will they succeed 100%? Maybe, but even if they get 75% of that done the Hawks will be fun to watch again next year. What more can I really ask of a sports team?
It's just Roland. No worries. Good post :2thumbs: