Pete Carroll's Press Conference

Fade

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1hns23px said:
Fade":1hns23px said:
Schadie001":1hns23px said:
Many, many reports out there stating that Cable is getting "serious" consideration from the Colts. Also, Colts asked permission to interview Richard. So, even though the Hawks have no intention of firing them, Cable could be gone anyway.

per Michael Silver as well as others.

If you think Tom Cable is going to be a HC in the NFL again, I got some magic beans to sell you.

It is possible since the Colts owner is a drug addict drunk...his mind operates in an alternate reality where he think Cable might be good. Also Luck may never play again and not seeing a lot of good coaches wanting that job.

PR nightmare. Won't happen.

I think teams are curious how Cable has a job given his terrible performance both on & off the field. So they bring him in to try and find out how & why.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2017":e2uue64h said:
Jville":e2uue64h said:
hawknation2017":e2uue64h said:
*Needs to ask whether the offensive coaches are returning*

Pete addressed the topic of coaching staff in the Press Conference.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

With zero follow up, "Because [you reporters] have been good."

:pukeface:

Sorry ........ you'll just have to wait a week or so. It's the same sequence of events as last year. League practices are not something under the control of Pete or the Seahawks. He has to wait and see what happens just as we do.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
man-with-taped-mouth.jpg

Jville

Reaction score
Have you contacted the commissioner?

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Jville":wfycsffj said:

Not yet, but I'm thinking about writing a hate letter to the Seattle Times, cancelling my subscription.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2017":138jzk4a said:
Jville":138jzk4a said:

Not yet, but I'm thinking about writing a hate letter to the Seattle Times, cancelling my subscription.

LOL

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
New CBA 2 years from now??? Just asking because I dont know?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
It's possible they interview him and offer him another job, I don't care if it's a janitor position. We can hope!

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Quick recap for those who missed it:

[youtube]5NNOrp_83RU[/youtube]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Schadie001":14kyi036 said:
Many, many reports out there stating that Cable is getting "serious" consideration from the Colts. Also, Colts asked permission to interview Richard. So, even though the Hawks have no intention of firing them, Cable could be gone anyway.

per Michael Silver as well as others.

Anyone who believes that Cable is going to get hired as HC is being delusional. His name may be thrown out there but after the results this season, no one in their right mind will hire him or Bevell.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2vmkgq83 said:
Not to be sexist . . . BUT, if a reporter fails to ask him about whether he is retaining his offensive coaching staff, can that reporter still be considered a man?

They don’t want to lose their creditials if they ask unfavorable questions.
The sports media in this town has no balls.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1dehfvx2 said:
hawknation2017":1dehfvx2 said:
Not to be sexist . . . BUT, if a reporter fails to ask him about whether he is retaining his offensive coaching staff, can that reporter still be considered a man?

They don’t want to lose their creditials if they ask unfavorable questions.
The sports media in this town has no balls.

Man card

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
joeseahawks":kw3rrpf4 said:
I have a suggestion for fans. STOP watching the first 3 quarters... During those, the game are the most frustrating ever.
Come only in the 4th, when we are down 2 TD and are chasing the game. That's also the time when our QB is at his best. That's when our O-Line really balls. That's when our receivers actually catch the ball and our RBs actually run pass the line of scrimmage. I have been doing it the last 1/2 of the year ... and haven't missed anything.
lmao and the price for that ticket should be what $5 yeah im fine with that

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Interesting suggestion on just watching in the 4th. That is how I started approaching the games now.

Used to be the 2nd half but now the 3rd quarter is starting to suck too.

And other fans do it too. The question will be how the advertisers will feel when they look at the numbers and see people only turn in the 4th quarter.

Or fans could just abandon the team. Last year I went to five games where I was given the tickets from fans that couldn't be bothered. This year four. Good games too, like Atlanta last year.

A lot of the people who spent the big dollars on this team are already tired of it. Plenty of clients just giving me tickets. And next year, I don't see myself going much, even for free. Maybe once or twice while the good weather lasts just to see Earl, Bobby and Doug do their thing. And because I like watching Bennett live.

But not enough to care about going regularly anymore.

Funny enough, at least I could root for the other Seahawks teams that were worse, because you knew that was as good as they were. But watching a team that could be better but just doesn't care to because they play the percentages until the 4th? Boring and not worth it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Del Rio got fired by the Raiders. I'm assuming most of his coaching staff will be gone too. Mike Tice was the OL coach there. I hope they can bring Mike in as OL assistant and TE coach. I think you upgrade development in two positions with that move. Not necessarily get rid of Cable but force him to work with Mike Tice. Maybe then Cable will leave on his own. Then Pete doesn't have to fire his friend.

Mike Tice's bio page (Raiders website) - http://www.raiders.com/team/coaches/Mike-Tice/c8f0d85f-0d46-4ef2-b491-e067f0495645

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3kdnahgs said:
Del Rio got fired by the Raiders. I'm assuming most of his coaching staff will be gone too. Mike Tice was the OL coach there. I hope they can bring Mike in as OL assistant and TE coach. I think you upgrade development in two positions with that move. Not necessarily get rid of Cable but force him to work with Mike Tice. Maybe then Cable will leave on his own. Then Pete doesn't have to fire his friend.

Mike Tice's bio page (Raiders website) - http://www.raiders.com/team/coaches/Mike-Tice/c8f0d85f-0d46-4ef2-b491-e067f0495645

I would be thrilled just at the idea, but I think the chances of that are about zero. Pete's son Brennan holds that position and we know how Pete protects his castle.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The most frustrating part is that there is so much talent on this team. We have some really good young players, and a strong core. This team could be really good.

But there is ZERO chance of that as long as our coaching staff stays the same. And that's what sucks.

In the past, I was able to suffer through bad seasons because you just saw the lack of talent out there. You would have hope that if we drafted well, things would eventually come together, maybe.

But not this team. We are loaded with HOF players. It's the coaching staff that is holding us back, and that much is clear as day. All those penalties, the fighting, bringing in a kicker that nobody wanted, giving $4m to Lacy who hasn't ever been good and letting Hausch walk for less money than that, the list goes on.

I don't see hope here. I'm tired of listening to Pete's BS. I'm sick of watching our offense put up 20 yards in the first half while our defense is out there BALLING. The whole thing is absurd. Hopelessly absurd.

You didn't pay for my season tickets. I did. And I was forced to watch multiple painful beatdowns, players getting kicked off the field, our team getting JACKED in our own house. Unacceptable. And the worst part is that it's not going to get better.

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Well, that's the Seahawks.