Pete Carrols philosphy

kf3339

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2nqxaiqo said:
kf3339":2nqxaiqo said:
Natethegreat":2nqxaiqo said:
There is a team that I think would make some people a lot more happy to follow and that would be the Cardinals.
They blitz constantly, have a wide open offense, and they are an exciting team to watch. Very successful during the season but have yet to replicate that success in the playoffs.
Expecting or wanting the Seahawks to be that team will only lead to further frustration. Blitzing frequently is not the plan Pete has for defense and it won't be changing. And are we really complaining right now about one of the most successful defenses of all time put together by Pete? I mean honestly, we are incredibly spoiled if we are whining about our defense.

Oh Please. Just because a few posters think being more aggressive on defense to force more turnovers you think they should follow another team? Going from 15-20% blitzing to perhaps 30-35% and everything is going to fall apart? Changing the defensive calls so we aren't so predictable to opposing offensives is a recipe for disaster?
I never said anything was a recipe for disaster. In fact I didn't make a comment on the effectiveness or risk of blitzing at all. I'm merely stating that expecting or desiring these things from the Seahawks is only going to lead to more frustration on your part.
I'm also being honest in saying the Cards are a fun team to watch and if these are things you want to see its not a terrible idea to follow them.

If you want to ENJOY watching the best defense in the history of the game WITHOUT FRUSTRATION you are going to have to let go of the idea of blitzing more though. Its never been a big part of our defense under ANY defensive coach here and it never will be.

I do believe our offense needs to start putting pressure on the opposing team before we start seeing opposing QB's holding the ball too long or forcing throws into tight windows though.

There is no way in #$%@## I'm going to start watching and/or following another team just for scheme entertainment. Who in the hell would even make a comment like that? And a division rival?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":32ynigam said:
--
@GrahamBarfield Small sample (25 att.), but Christine Michael has gained 5+ yards on 44% of carries in Wk 1-2. Better than Rawls' nuclear 2015 rate (40.8%).
--
And Michaels' average through two games is 5.0

justafan

Reaction score
If the patriots run the ball 25 or 30 times a game Belichick is a genius.If our team does it, its unimaginative and stupid.Peoples heads should roll.Especially if we run twice in a row.

Most teams have most of the same plays in the book.The difference is how the team executes.

I would love to see a tough and physical offense but this Oline isnt good enough right now.

I would love to see Graham thrown to in the redzone. But isnt Wilson supposed to see that on a presnap read and get him the ball ?

We all want screen passes but this team is the worst i have ever seen at executing them.I have seen two this year that actually looked good.Last year you couldnt even recognize the plays they were ran so bad.

As soon as the Oline does its job and Wilson and the WRs make the right reads and get in sync the team will start rolling again.

nash72

Reaction score
justafan":1jzv7ix4 said:
If the patriots run the ball 25 or 30 times a game Belichick is a genius.If our team does it, its unimaginative and stupid.Peoples heads should roll.Especially if we run twice in a row.

Belichick is winning with a 3rd string QB right now and we just scored 3 points against the worst team in the league. The problem with your comparison is that Belichick makes proper adjustments and the Patriots actually score points. Thats the difference between them and the Seahawks.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
nash72":85lsnfy7 said:
justafan":85lsnfy7 said:

Belichick is winning with a 3rd string QB right now and we just scored 3 points against the worst team in the league. The problem with your comparison is that Belichick makes proper adjustments and the Patriots actually score points. Thats the difference between them and the Seahawks.

Some truth there, but in what world would the Rams' D but the worst? They are a solid unit overall, and their strength matches very well with Hawks' current weakness(es).

nash72

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3bv5gf5x said:
nash72":3bv5gf5x said:
justafan":3bv5gf5x said:

Some truth there, but in what world would the Rams' D but the worst? They are a solid unit overall, and their strength matches very well with Hawks' current weakness(es).

The 49ers put up 28 against them with Blaine Gabbert while not allowing them score. The Rams are not good.

Latest posts