Pete is incriminating himself more with each interview

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Via his latest 710 interview...

Pete Carroll said he was "fighting the (play) call" on the 4th-and-1 that resulted in a false start.

Schotty called his best play in that scenario and Carroll apparently didn't like it. If a defensive coach doesn’t trust Schottys decision to call the best play in a 4th and 1 in a playoff game, why the heck is he even your OC? Pete is the problem and needs to go.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
ludakrishna":skmlnjoo said:
Via his latest 710 interview...

Pete Carroll said he was "fighting the (play) call" on the 4th-and-1 that resulted in a false start.

Schotty called his best play in that scenario and Carroll apparently didn't like it. If a defensive coach doesn’t trust Schottys decision to call the best play in a 4th and 1 in a playoff game, why the heck is he even your OC? Pete is the problem and needs to go.
I believe I don’t speak for everyone here, but I, 1000 percent agree! Pete needs to go!

Mase

Reaction score
-- I agree. You do NOT speak for everyone here. I have a newsflash for you. EVERY SINGLE head coach in the NFL wrestles with play calls whether 2pt conversions or when to go for it on 4th. Carroll just admitted it.

-- I think some of what he has been saying has been to take the heat off his team and QB. Not the greatest game for any of them. But being an adult, he accepts the responsibility for it, admits where he screwed up, and starts planning for next year.

Mase

NJlargent

Reaction score
Carroll isn’t going anywhere. 5 years wasted coming up. I have already resolved to just hate on the niners for 5 years until we can get an energized coach who doesn’t need the best roster to win.

John63

Reaction score
Mase":3a63ym8s said:
-- I agree. You do NOT speak for everyone here. I have a newsflash for you. EVERY SINGLE head coach in the NFL wrestles with play calls whether 2pt conversions or when to go for it on 4th. Carroll just admitted it.

-- I think some of what he has been saying has been to take the heat off his team and QB. Not the greatest game for any of them. But being an adult, he accepts the responsibility for it, admits where he screwed up, and starts planning for next year.

Mase

could be or it could be the truth and all this f..ing of the offense was him. Considering he just fired his OC sighting philosophical differences, and we know PC over ruled on the 4th and short and other plays and scheme we now know it was PC period. This will nto be the last domino to fall.

hoxrox

Reaction score
John63":1ijmljv7 said:
Mase":1ijmljv7 said:

Mase

could be or it could be the truth and all this f..ing of the offense was him. Considering he just fired his OC sighting philosophical differences, and we know PC over ruled on the 4th and short and other plays and scheme we now know it was PC period. This will nto be the last domino to fall.

The overrule on 4th looked to be a Carson run up the gut....

Maybe Shotty wanted to call a deep shot?

Just sayin'

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":3lfcbwi6 said:
John63":3lfcbwi6 said:
Mase":3lfcbwi6 said:

Mase

The overrule on 4th looked to be a Carson run up the gut....

Maybe Shotty wanted to call a deep shot?

Just sayin'

or Maybe it was a play that was better than what PC called just saying

blkhwk

Reaction score
Of course Pete is taking the blame for the 4th and 1 mess. He's the head coach.....falling on the sword just like following SB 49.

Pete has stepped up a number of times and taken blame for a play call, the defense etc. Privately he may have been pissed, but it's his job not to let us see that.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Mase":2vm927w7 said:

Mase
See what I did there?

I made you think that I said I DO! When I DON’T!

Hahaha!

John63

Reaction score
blkhwk":39l91c2s said:
Of course Pete is taking the blame for the 4th and 1 mess. He's the head coach.....falling on the sword just like following SB 49.

Pete has stepped up a number of times and taken blame for a play call, the defense etc. Privately he may have been pissed, but it's his job not to let us see that.

Or maybe he is taking the bullet because it is true.