Sauce Gardner says pre-draft interview with Carroll “uncomfortable”

Mizak

Reaction score

“I remember my Seahawks interview/meeting, that was probably the most uncomfortable one,” Gardner said.

Gardner indicated Pete Carroll sat “so close” and asked him what he looked for in a receiver, multiple times without letting him finish.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Getting up close and personal during an interview is an interrogation technique designed to make the subject uncomfortable. Maybe Pete simply wanted to see how Sauce would handle being out of his comfort zone.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
"Sauce" as he likes to be dubbed (Gold Necklace and Trump-Like self- aggrandizing) , BEGGED his NYJ fans to put him in TOP CONTENTION for DROY---- S-U-C-C-E-S-S!!!!
Yeah, the guy was good/okay, but NOBODY TYREKE WOLLEN> SHOWED < his ass up at the Seahawks - Jets game.
Y'aint all That Saucy.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Obviously Tariq wasn't as uncomfortable, and under Pete's coaching became a better CB than Sauce.

And the Seahawks are the beneficiary.
I'm not sure that's true, but there's no doubt that Tariq is one of the top two rookies CBs.

Torc

Reaction score
I didn't watch the interview because I don't care enough.....but it was part of the combine broadcast so they were probably asking him questions about his experience there. It's not like he did a press conference just to announce that Pete made him uncomfortable.

But yeah, I agree that Pete was probably deliberately poking at him to stress test him a bit. Heck, that's probably good information to have for a coach that may be game planning against him, not just a potential draft choice.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I did watch the interview, and they were asking Gardner about some of the combine interviews he remembers the most. He said that the interview with the Seahawks was memorable because he felt uncomfortable with how close Pete was and that Pete kept interrupting his answers initially when discussing X and O's. He then also said that he eventually got to talk and that he liked Pete.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I didn't watch the interview because I don't care enough.....but it was part of the combine broadcast so they were probably asking him questions about his experience there. It's not like he did a press conference just to announce that Pete made him uncomfortable.

But yeah, I agree that Pete was probably deliberately poking at him to stress test him a bit. Heck, that's probably good information to have for a coach that may be game planning against him, not just a potential draft choice.
Probably didn't help to smooth things over too much when Pete asked him if he wanted to sit on his lap HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Last edited:

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Obviously Tariq wasn't as uncomfortable, and under Pete's coaching became a better CB than Sauce.

And the Seahawks are the beneficiary.
That's not true at all but having the second best rookie CB (and one of the best in the league) for a 5th rounder vs for a very high first, no question the Hawks got the better deal.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Our boy Sauce sounded as dumb as a hammer when he said that, and was asked to explain.