Pete Is Officially Pissed Off

Greenhell

Reaction score

Pete is showing a bit of a disciplinarian tendency as the mistakes continue on the back-end... you all might be getting a little bit of your wish to have Pete bring down the hammer more.

He sounds like he's not going to tolerate much more of this.

In any other NFL coaching situation it sounds like a head coach who might lose his job but not in Seattle. Business as usual.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Too little too late. This has been an ongoing issue for the past five seasons.

Now you want to act tough to the media so fans back you? No.

Don't fall for it guys. It's the same old lip service. He's just trying to save face right now and protect his legacy. If he really cared, this would've been fixed YEARS ago.
Yep. If this would have come from someone else, it would be more believable. But with Pete, it's a case of a tiger trying to change the color of his stripes. I've never heard Pete call out his players in public like this.

However, I do think this says something, that Pete might be feeling some heat, that ownership might have put him on notice. He's lost 5 of the last 6 games, including the last 4 in a row and his playoff hopes are all but gone. There were rumors about this time last year that he might be skating on thin ice. Is he starting to crack? Is this the beginning of the end?

Of course, it's all speculation, but it's undeniable that this is very out of character for Pete. But why? Something's up, that's for sure.

strohmin

Reaction score
What you're asking for isn't something a coaching staff magically makes happen in one week of practice.

It takes years to implement, because it's not just Pete standing at a mic gaslighting everyone with his I'm angry Pete now. It's a culture and discipline that permeates your entire organization. From how you draft and acquire players, to how you fill out your staff with guys who can deliver the message in a successful way so it shows up on Sundays.

Also laughable that anyone thinks a 72 year old coach who's coached the same way for 40 years is all of a sudden going to turn into a hard ass DEMANDING DISCPLINED PLAY AND ACCOUNTABILITY!!

Nah, this is just an old frustrated coach watching the last embers of his empire burn to the ground before he's told it's time to hang up the Double Bubble and Nike Monarchs.
Im not debating your logic about Pete fixing all that is wrong with this team in one week. All Im saying is this game feels like a last stand for Pete. You could say the 9ers game was but I feel like this game is. If the players really respect Pete, they will fully commit and focus to winning this one game. Im not saying they will run the table abd make the playoffs after this but if there ever was a game where you are going to give it your all for a coach your respect, it would be this one.

Also, I dont mean fixing this by Pete putting his foot down and being mr. tough guys. Im talking more about players taking a look in the mirror and saying, "hey, I'm better than this and I have a coach whose had my back all season maybe I can give it my absolute all to win this one game." I dont know if itll happen but It will show me how much respect they have for Pete.

Bobblehead

Reaction score

Pete is showing a bit of a disciplinarian tendency as the mistakes continue on the back-end... you all might be getting a little bit of your wish to have Pete bring down the hammer more.

He sounds like he's not going to tolerate much more of this.

...and we all know and everyone that watched the game knows.

xray

Reaction score
Too little and 9 years too late Pete...phukoff

strohmin

Reaction score
Nothing screams unity more than a coach calling out his players before a big NFC matchup on Monday Night Football.

I might need to revise my prediction.
Lol this could be a good thing. Pete might actually bench Jamal at the first sign of him screwing up. We might start to see signs of 2010 Pete where if you arent buying in, you are out.

Mizak

Reaction score
Adams doesn’t take criticism well. Wonder what his reaction will be.

strohmin

Reaction score
Adams doesn’t take criticism well. Wonder what his reaction will be.
Who cares, I hope he does something stupid and tries to insult Pete so Pete can send his ass outta here. If there is one thing Pete doesnt stand for, its players trying to show they are better than Pete. It happened to Sherman, it happened to Russell, Jamal is a nobody compared to them.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Pete's definitely felling the heat with these comments. It won't help though it's too late. Tough times ahead forsure, # GET YOUR POPCORN READY!

Rat

Reaction score
Not necessarily. Look at the turn arounds teams like the Panthers saw last year when the team miraculaously 'got it' under thier interim coach and finshied the season humming. Sure, you can argue that the coach changed. But the root of it was players changing their approach, being more accountable, and playing at 110%. Carolina looked like the worst team in the league before the switch, and a formidable matchup after. And they werent a talented roster. Miami did a similar thing a few years ago after an interim swich.

This team CAN 'get it'. Question is whether the teacher cracking the whip now when he hasnt before can be the catalyst for the improvement, or has the bond been broken?

This team is better than those who jettisoned coaches mid year.
Also the Raiders after Gruden "resigned".

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Too little too late. This has been an ongoing issue for the past five seasons.

Now you want to act tough to the media so fans back you? No.

Don't fall for it guys. It's the same old lip service. He's just trying to save face right now and protect his legacy. If he really cared, this would've been fixed YEARS ago.
NO, Pete wanted to give his players the benefit of the doubt, but after 4 games in a row and SOME players NOT giving 100% on THEIR ASSIGNMENTS,,,AND,,, there are NO ALPHAS in the building to put these lack of committed guys in their place for QUITTING on plays?
Nah, It's pretty pathetic that Pete has to take off the kid gloves and put some low effort players on notice.
Some of these guys are going to play hell trying to sell their wares to another team, I mean, who in the hell wants guys that will quit on plays on THEIR team??

Fade

Reaction score
Blaming the players? Lol...I believe the players realize this lame ass scheme constantly puts them in situations to fail so they've given up trying to swim upstream and therefore the fire is flaming out. The whole team is frustrated evidenced by what was shown on the sidelines yesterday and that is a Head Coach issue. 524 yards, that's just a bad scheme glaringly showing itself.

Nothing screams leadership than throwing your handpicked players under the bus.

It's now every man for himself.

The Titanic part III.

strohmin

Reaction score
What's the point of even talking about anything here if we're just going to piss all over everything good or bad?

Is this site just a urinal for discontent these days?
aww come on where is the fun if everyone was nice. Some uncivil opinionated posts are what make this site fun and interesting.

Latest posts