Wow, the press conference proves Pete is bat**** crazy

PNW

Reaction score
I can’t believe how delusional Pete is, the fact that he still tries to defend that Disaster JA trade is all the proof we needed.

OP
OP
C

classicaaron

Reaction score
BigMeach":3274khx3 said:
Seems to be a lot of revisionist history by some here , without actually stating what happened or giving any specifics.

Do you remember how bad this team was before Pete got here? Are those of you who are ****ing all over Petes ability to restart newer fans? Jim Mora year ring a bell? When PC and JS get here and they flipped what , hundreds of players/transactions(?) over the course of a few years while building the team that won 1 and should have won 2 straight Super Bowls.

No matter how you feel about the last few years and no matter how you feel on losing RW, to think that there is no shot of JS and Pete building another team is baffling to me. If anything trading RW releases them and allows them to do whatever they hell they wanna try and I'm all for it.

RW is the one who didn't want to be here anymore. He made that perfectly clear even if he refuses to say so now (which is of course on brand for him)

I never wanted to lose the guy, was baffled with all the $h!t he was saying last year. But now that he is gone, as far as I'm concerned he is on an enemy team and I just wanna beat him.

seems to me Pete is getting a bye for winning one championship and since then time has passed him by but he still keeps getting a pass. reminds me of the late Paterno and Bowden years where they were clearly done and should be fired but hey, they built the program they deserve to stay. Im a huge FSU fan and it was painful watching Bowden waste season after season. Eventually they had no choice but to force him out, they hire Jimbo and win a championship in just a few years. that whole process was majorly delayed because of Bowdens past. Past performance unfortunately means nothing for the present and future. i dont think seattle ownership should wait until their hand is absolutely forced.

and can you blame Russ for leaving if Pete talked to him about these philosophies every meeting they had. if i was him i couldnt leave fast enough.

W

Welshers

TwistedHusky":2psavew1 said:
No. He was a barely .500 coach for 6 years before he had Wilson.

Wilson was a winner. And the team won as long as they had him.

Now that they don't, magically they won't be winning anymore.

And weirdly, Wilson will keep winning at a new location despite all his terrible flaws.

Wow. Congrats. You have reached a new level of delusion. Did you really just say Pete was barely a .500 coach for 6 years before he had Wilson? They were 7-9 both seasons, one of which included a division title and a Playoff win. He was with the team for two seasons without Russel Wilson. Two. And the four seasons before that? 11-2, 11-2, 12-1, and 9-4 at USC with three straight Rose Bowl wins. That puts Pete Carroll as 57-27 in the six seasons before he acquired Russel Wilson. So you are just plain ignoring facts now. Come on man, at least say something real.

W

Welshers

BigMeach":2cgmwvlb said:
Seems to be a lot of revisionist history by some here , without actually stating what happened or giving any specifics.

Do you remember how bad this team was before Pete got here? Are those of you who are ****ing all over Petes ability to restart newer fans? Jim Mora year ring a bell? When PC and JS get here and they flipped what , hundreds of players/transactions(?) over the course of a few years while building the team that won 1 and should have won 2 straight Super Bowls.

No matter how you feel about the last few years and no matter how you feel on losing RW, to think that there is no shot of JS and Pete building another team is baffling to me. If anything trading RW releases them and allows them to do whatever they hell they wanna try and I'm all for it.

RW is the one who didn't want to be here anymore. He made that perfectly clear even if he refuses to say so now (which is of course on brand for him)

I never wanted to lose the guy, was baffled with all the $h!t he was saying last year. But now that he is gone, as far as I'm concerned he is on an enemy team and I just wanna beat him.
Yeah I'm convinced some of these guys are the ones who have lost it, not Pete. They have one losing record in literally 10 years and everyone says Pete can't build a winning team? This has become delusion

gidders

Reaction score
It saddens me to say that after 40+ years of following the Seahawks the prospects of being a powerhouse in the division looks a distant possibility whilst PC is the coach. All the best coaches from Chuck Knox onwards had great players on offence and defence from Curt Warner, Steve Largent, Dave Krieg, Cortez Kennedy, Bobby Wagner etc who has the best pro bowl stats..RW. Why in a QB dominated league would you trade a Ferrari for a Ford? You can't win with a sub par QB unless you have outstanding defence. There comes a point when players & coaches reach their limit and unless your an exception to the rule 'Tom Brady' that limit comes in the form of diminished returns. When egos take over your looking at years of repairing the damage and is it worth the franchise dancing to the tune of a coach who is in decline rather than trying to find an innovative, young replacement who can replicate what PC did best when he first took the reigns. If I was Tyler Lockett and DK, I would be thinking what are my chances of going to the SB in the next few years with this coaching set up?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
gidders":3twak9xu said:
It saddens me to say that after 40+ years of following the Seahawks the prospects of being a powerhouse in the division looks a distant possibility whilst PC is the coach. All the best coaches from Chuck Knox onwards had great players on offence and defence from Curt Warner, Steve Largent, Dave Krieg, Cortez Kennedy, Bobby Wagner etc who has the best pro bowl stats..RW. Why in a QB dominated league would you trade a Ferrari for a Ford? You can't win with a sub par QB unless you have outstanding defence. There comes a point when players & coaches reach their limit and unless your an exception to the rule 'Tom Brady' that limit comes in the form of diminished returns. When egos take over your looking at years of repairing the damage and is it worth the franchise dancing to the tune of a coach who is in decline rather than trying to find an innovative, young replacement who can replicate what PC did best when he first took the reigns. If I was Tyler Lockett and DK, I would be thinking what are my chances of going to the SB in the next few years with this coaching set up?

Ford beat Ferrari.

Just sayin'...

gidders

Reaction score
Ha, yep I suppose they are the standard, but you need to have an elite engine to be in the top flight..can't see how the Carrol v Wilson debate ends well for the team. If you look at the teams that would want PC as HC would it be anything other than failing franchises? the Broncos fans know they have a leader and a future hall of famer. They don't grow on trees.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seems to me Carroll lost control trying to shelter Wilson from his teammates opinion, paid his franchise QB, lost his defense due to age, cap space, and freak injuries. Tried a few times to get impact defenders via trade that could fit into the cap situation but mortgaged the future in doing so.

Pete is not the type of coach IMO to handle an experienced veteran heavy team with players who get selfish and complacent.

Looking back I think Pete catered to Wilson more often than not, up until the point Wilson tried to undermine him, and take control to mixed results.

Pete might be dated but he’s perfect fit for a younger, hungrier team where he doesn’t have established egos to cater to. Not saying it’s going to go well but I wouldn’t be surprised if the team is more galvanized, more motivated, more energized for good or bad without all the drama.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3v9wvbu7 said:
Seems to me Carroll lost control trying to shelter Wilson from his teammates opinion, paid his franchise QB, lost his defense due to age, cap space, and freak injuries. Tried a few times to get impact defenders via trade that could fit into the cap situation but mortgaged the future in doing so.

Pete is not the type of coach IMO to handle an experienced veteran heavy team with players who get selfish and complacent.

Looking back I think Pete catered to Wilson more often than not, up until the point Wilson tried to undermine him, and take control to mixed results.

Pete might be dated but he’s perfect fit for a younger, hungrier team where he doesn’t have established egos to cater to. Not saying it’s going to go well but I wouldn’t be surprised if the team is more galvanized, more motivated, more energized for good or bad without all the drama.
the problem here is he's not going with younger, hungrier players, he's not doing a rebuild, we're signing veterans. We're approaching this offseason like we're a competitive team without a QB and a roster that has had a lot of holes.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":30hdw89o said:
Pandion Haliaetus":30hdw89o said:

the problem here is he's not going with younger, hungrier players, he's not doing a rebuild, we're signing veterans. We're approaching this offseason like we're a competitive team without a QB and a roster that has had a lot of holes.

There is still a draft to be had, and some of the players they’ve signed or re-signed still have upside like Nwosu, Dissly (with a QB that can target TEs), Burns and Jones. Fant and Lock, still young.

Diggs I think was more necessary for the message, rewarding a player that works hard, plays hard, leads hard. He earned it.

Woods and Dunlap, you still need leaders, depth, and both were pretty good when used correctly.

Blythe I think was more of just Dickerson looking for some with familiarity especially after the Rams re-signed all their guys.

The teams is getting younger especially when they start transition more over to the 2020-2023 players. Hunger is coming.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I think it’s going to be a fun season. Pete will be back to the best player plays. And maybe he can strike gold again. I think they are going to stink this season. But I also think it’s by design. Get better draft area and in 2-3 years the hawks will be better than the last 5-6 years. And maybe the team will play fun again.

Really think he’s going to change the whole philosophy of the team. And I do believe Russ was limited or he had bad habits that would kill drives. And if it all fails we will get another coach and GM and we will end up missing Pete so bad.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
classicaaron":1roi3u9d said:
I was in the camp of firing him years ago but this presser just proved it. He has lost touch with all reality. He opens up about second chances and how they are so great and built the team on second chances. Does he realize like next to none of those besides Marshawn have worked out. He even doubled down on the Jamal Adam’s trade being great when it may be the worst trade in franchise history. So shows his future plan is to get more team rejects or washed up players and win that way. I lost count long ago of all the guys they have tried that with and most didn’t even last the year.

Whether you like Russ or not no one in the world could say this team is better off without him when the replacement is Drew Lock. Well Pete truly thinks so. I don’t think that was just marketing talk either. He truly believes Lock can be good basing it off his college years but yet refuses to look at anything that happened in his pro career. He even said they could win a championship if he just controls the ball. Well you need to score some points too, keeping the ball and punting over and over wont do it. But that brings me to the next point cause Pete thinks 6-3 games are somehow going to happen.

Then he spends 30 minutes talking about how his system is so great even though its from the 1920’s and how defense, special teams and running will win it for him. Well why hasn’t it won anything in 10 years. He said his system is what works players don’t matter and its always been that way since footballs been around. Then when questions open up and someone calls him out on it and says why wont he adapt to his players talent he says he does and would never jam a square peg in a round hole. Well Pete did you just forget the whole 30 minutes of trash you spewed before that. Have you forgotten the last 10 years of on field play where you definitely have not adapted to your players.

Hawks are 100% rebuild and will always be until Pete is gone. He is beyond delusion to think they are championship ready.
Nope, only the S-L-O-W minded. :177692: ....>Ignorance Is An Option< eh.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
gabel":1wksnn3h said:
Wow! Hello darkness my old friend.

I watched the entire news conference and I was impressed. Impressed at the resolve, at the determination. Pete Carroll does nothing but win year after year. Actually no one but Belichick has won more games in the last 10 years. This next year we will learn who is more important Russel Wilson or Pete Carroll.

Pete hasn't changed he has always been a winner.

Spot on. Pete's had 9 straight winning seasons and it would have been 10 if Russ hadn't gotten injured. The level of Pete hate here is absurd.

So many here think the season is an utter failure without a ring. But the reality is that Super Bowl wins are really hard to get, and in the past 12 years, since Pete started coaching the Seahawks, only ONE TEAM IN THE NFL, the Patriots, has had multiple SB wins.

Even SB appearances -- Only the Patriots have even PLAYED in more than 2 Super Bowls in the past 12 years. The reality is the majority of NFL teams haven't even reached the SB in the last 12 years.

Many of you ought to be kissing Pete's ring for everything he's done for this franchise, rather than screaming for his head, like a pack of raving lunatics.

Here's how the past 12 years have looked:

SUPER BOWL WINS (10 different teams in 12 years):
New England 3
SEATTLE 1
LA Rams 1
Tampa Bay 1
Kansas City 1
Philly 1
Danver 1
Baltimore 1
NY Giants 1
Green Bay 1

SUPER BOWL APPEARANCES:
New England 5
SEATTLE 2
SF 2
LA Rams 2
Denver 2
Kansa City 2
Cincinnati 1
Tampa Bay 1
Philly 1
Atlanta 1
Carolina 1
Baltimore 1
NY Giants 1
Green Bay 1
Pittsbirgh 1

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

I hope you are right but the Wilson hate, I don't get just like the Pete love on this board. Still sober so I'd really like if you would explain to me nicely. Because I want relevance and I see SB teams weekly and none are in Seattle or the NFC and it's only getting worse.

Winning seasons are irrelevant if it's 9-8 and no factor in the playoffs that's barely escaping you should be fired and get another job level

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
I hope you are right but the Wilson hate, I don't get just like the Pete love on this board. Still sober so I'd really like if you would explain to me nicely. Because I want relevance and I see SB teams weekly and none are in Seattle or the NFC and it's only getting worse.

Winning seasons are irrelevant if it's 9-8 and no factor in the playoffs that's barely escaping you should be fired and get another job level

Your responding to an old March 17 2022 post.

I'm guessing your upset and lost.

Wish I could help. But, I'm not at all clear on what it is that is troubling you.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score

The Wilson hate is because he put himself before the team.

The Pete love is because he is the most successful coach this franchise has ever had. He got the first Lombardi for this team. Yes he has had some mediocre years since. I believe it was because of the Wilson factor. He probably didn’t handle the Wilson situation well but I feel he has learned from his mistakes. He took a team last year predicted to be one of the worst in the league and got them to the playoffs. Now that we have had another A+ draft we will have to wait to see the results. I am thinking we break the one and done curse this year in the playoffs. We are loaded with talent (potentially). IF the Hawks stink up the season then maybe I will possible start joining the fire Pete chorus. But for now he is tracking up and I am along for the ride.

Winning seasons are not irrelevant. If that is lost on you then you should root for another team. Only one coach wins the super bowl every year. People think if their coach doesn’t do it frequently then they should be fired. You think super bowl winning coaches can be found easily? If you could fire Pete who would you get to coach? Not many people I would want above Pete (if any).

You obviously are POed about listening to all the Chiefs fans gloating. How good were they before the Andy Reid era? How many super bowls did Reid win before coming the Kansas City?

Last edited:

Donn2390

Reaction score

Fun reading over all of the posts from a year ago and seeing how so many non believers made complete fools of themselves with their know-it-all comments that have been proven to be so completely wrong that those commenters should be way more than a little embarrassed.
Since those comments were posted, Pete and John have made complete fools out of all of the naysayers in a very big way. Their successes continue to grow larger day by day in proving they are among the very best in the business, and the future looks brighter than ever. Today I think you can count the non-believers on one hand, most realize just how good 12's have it with our current leadership who are in the process of building another winner..
But then today along comes a totally clueless poster who is so completely lost from reality that she/he made us forget all of the ridiculous year old posts in a flash. Good work Miz, I don't know what else to say...