Pete Prisco mysteriously quiet about the Hawks on Twitter

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
By the way: if trolling is the present and future of the Fourth Estate, my twilight years are gonna be brutal.

chris98251

Reaction score
I seem to remember Holmgren being the cause and that it was Prisco, could have been Doctor Z but I think it was Prisco.

He's had a vendetta against us ever since Holmgren baited him into making a draft prediction the year we took Stevens, Prisco went out with inside information that was suppose to be on the down low and bragged about himself knowing our pick, it wasn't Graham as many thought we would take. Holmgren did the end around and was able to drop down if I remember and get Stevens making Prisco look like an idiot, from that day forward we get this Prisco wanting to rub our face into anything he can.

Sac

Reaction score
Prisco gives props.
ecb8eb70690bdd12b12d467b00fb3b27.jpg

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3u9oj044 said:
From his week in review article. Hilarious how the dude finds a way to be a prick even when complimenting. Nice of him to refer to Wilson supporters as nut jobs.

And no, I'm not bothering with a link. King Troll doesn't deserve the clicks.

I have been a critical realist of Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson for much of his career. I think he's a good quarterback who some are rushing up the tree of greatness. I still don't think he's great in the pocket, but I have to give him due for the way he played against the Eagles. He made some timely throws and seemed in control of the game. He threw a touchdown pass to Doug Baldwin from the pocket that was a nice read, a nice throw and looked like growth for him.

If that continues to happen, the nut jobs that think he's in the top-5 in the league won't be so far off. For now, he's doing a good job. He still runs too much -- and the Eagles caught onto that in the second half and hit him some on those keepers -- but he did a nice job for the Seahawks against the Eagles. He finished with 263 yards passing, two touchdown passes for 48 yards and a score. That was his best game this season. On a hot team, he might be getting hot at the right time.

Wilson has been routinely making that read and throw since his first year.

And he runs too much? I think he has it about right, but if anything he hands off too often on the read option.

kpak76

Reaction score
Seriously, I thought people saying Prisco hates the Seahawks was just homer fans ripping a mediot. Then I saw the twitter page and EVERYTHING was about what the Feagles missed and trying to rip the Hawks any chance he got.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":2mmjeli9 said:
I've had many run-ins with him this year. Once I provided him Wilson's 2013 pocket numbers (after him publishing the Wilson can't throw from pocket article); 2.5k yards, 20 TD's, 5 INT's and 104 rating. He then published one saying "Wilson's numbers were inflated by screens", so I gave him Wilson's YPA and air yards stats. Eventually his own colleagues called him out and ripped him for never admitting an error.

He's an easy curmudgeon to troll and engage on twitter.

My favorite is when he said the Patriots would be 19-0 in 2012 ... and they lost in Week 2 :lol:

He blocked me when I called him out for that one. Good times.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
pehawk":3mr1761k said:
I've had many run-ins with him this year. Once I provided him Wilson's 2013 pocket numbers (after him publishing the Wilson can't throw from pocket article); 2.5k yards, 20 TD's, 5 INT's and 104 rating. He then published one saying "Wilson's numbers were inflated by screens", so I gave him Wilson's YPA and air yards stats. Eventually his own colleagues called him out and ripped him for never admitting an error.

He's an easy curmudgeon to troll and engage on twitter.

Inflated by screens haha....sure he wasnt thinking about Luck. Since they dont have a running game I see them throw a ton of short passes.

pehawk

Reaction score
He used to engage me a lot, but I think last week he was inundated after I corrected his stats, now I'm blocked.

Interesting thing on this particular tweet; he later mentions Sanchez is scrambling out of the pocket. Out of the pocket contact is legal. I think need a reminder.

byau

Reaction score
Let's take a moment to appreciate him. We need folks like him to keep the chip on our shoulder.

chip-on-my-shoulder.jpg

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hes back at it today.. What a troll

Danny Kelly retweeted

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS · 46m46 minutes ago
better for SSF -- Sensitive Seahawks Fans -- who never see anything wrong

Danny Kelly retweeted

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS · 1h1 hour ago
Richard Sherman is so good he now has Jordan Rules. Nothing gets called, even muggings

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Doesn't this twat cover other teams? It is pathetic of him to block people for correcting his errors. His attempt to control his appearance to people that may know mot any better. I'll never understand behavior like his.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I don't think that Sanchez is out of the pocket on that play. Avril is engaged with Johnson on the right edge of the pocket. In the pic that Prisco put up, you can see that Avril has disengaged and is starting to run past him. Doesn't Johnson set the right edge of the pocket in that situation?

I still don't think that it is holding/PI, it is close and I could maybe see illegal contact, but no PI/holding.

Maclin stops his route at the 48, Sherman stops at the 50 and comes back to the receiver but does not initiate contact. Maclin starts back straight upfield and runs into Sherman who has stopped. He makes a move to the inside to get around Sherman who maintains contact. It is possible that the contact impedes Maclin's ability to head directly upfield, but Sherman is allowed his space on the field too. By the time the ball leaves Sanchez's hand, Maclin has started to move upfield around Sherman who maintains contact but certainly doesn't impede after the ball is in the air.

I could see an argument that Sherman impeded the route before the ball was thrown, but it would be an awfully ticky tack call.

- bsd

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
HawkMeat":px9jlvn1 said:
Doesn't this twat cover other teams?

I think he's getting a big reaction from Seahawk fans right now, so he's keeping it up. Seems like he loves the hostility.

His trolling is working, so you know what happens when you feed the troll. :Dunno:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
HawkMeat":1o7wiyrs said:
Doesn't this twat cover other teams? It is pathetic of him to block people for correcting his errors. His attempt to control his appearance to people that may know mot any better. I'll never understand behavior like his.

You don't understand because you don't live under a bridge.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I'm not much for twitter, but after clicking on his "tweets" from this post the only thing I can say is he seems like a small man. I get that he probably gets responses that he doesn't like or agree with (twitter and blogs tend to bring out the worst in society) but some of his responses makes me laugh that he is regarded as a "respected national journalist". He might want to think about getting off social media and just sticking to tossing out his two bits on sports sites.

As for his Seahawks hate, it's just seems he doesn't like guys like Sherman, Irvin, Lynch, or anyone with a strong personality that doesn't agree with him (from the little I read) and this is his only way to get his biased opinion out. I would just avoid reading his thoughts, but to each his own.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I should point out that yes, you don't need to impede for it to be illegal contact, but if the contact is initiated by the receiver a la charging in basketball, then it is not illegal defensive contact.

The contact is initiated by Maclin who pushes into a planted Sherman. Maclin then pushes around Sherman who keeps his hands on Maclin after he moves by but does not push or attempt to alter Maclin's route (this kind of contact has been allowed all season and even was allowed during the preseason).

I haven't seen a definitive answer of whether the defender is required to yield space and try to avoid further contact in this situation, but even with today's inane pro-offense rules the defender is allowed to have his space on the field and shouldn't have to back off.

- bsd

Latest posts