Random Thoughts™ on the Redskins playoff game

Rat

Reaction score
I feel guilty that I don't pay to read these.

I agree with everything, but am curious what play you're talking about with #11 (the Lane special teams tackle). Are you referring to the play where he got to the returner lighting quick, but bounced off him like Gus Frerrote running into a brick wall? I'm not sure I've seen a returner absorb a hit so well.

tdigitee

Reaction score
Awesome write-up, as always. Thank you for taking the time to put these together, all season long.

Scottemojo":22h0lq60 said:
I wanted to add this Kip: Watch how the clock is run by the home team at the end of that game. It was just seconds here and there, but the clock operator was clearly trying to help the Skins.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing - reminded me of that f-ing game against the Ravens back in (2003?)

Scottemojo":22h0lq60 said:
And when you watched the DVR, did you see what must be a Redskins employee getting into it with Irvin, who gets held back by Johnson, and them KJ Wright gives the dude some parting words? It seems the entire Redskins fan base is trollish. Really, a sideline employee having words with players? (at the 3:21 mark of the 4th quarter)

I saw that too and thought he was talking to the Redskin fans behind the visitors' bench (I've sat in that location - near a clump of Reggie Tongue fans at the time - and looked to me like he was kind of looking up to the seats).

cheers /td

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":3vunkqj7 said:
Scottemojo":3vunkqj7 said:
I wanted to add this Kip: Watch how the clock is run by the home team at the end of that game. It was just seconds here and there, but the clock operator was clearly trying to help the Skins.

And when you watched the DVR, did you see what must be a Redskins employee getting into it with Irvin, who gets held back by Johnson, and them KJ Wright gives the dude some parting words? It seems the entire Redskins fan base is trollish. Really, a sideline employee having words with players? (at the 3:21 mark of the 4th quarter)

I did notice that after one of Seattle's sacks late in the game, the clock stopped for a good 15 seconds before running again when the refs set the ball. I am 99% sure the NFL does not have a rule that stops the clock on a sack. College football might, but I don't think the NFL does.
My buddy caught the clock shenanigans too (I did not). Wonder if the league will do anything about it, like maybe fine their dipshit owner.

OK, you can all stop laughing. I wasn't serious. I know Rog and the boys won't do anything to one of the favored franchises. It was sarcasm.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Kearly, clock stops after a sack unless inside the 2 minute warning. Believe that's the rule.

edogg23

Reaction score
Kearly, enjoyed reading your comments as always! The only point that I would tend to disagree with is Brandon Browner. Remember he was a pro-bowler in 2011, so saying he is playing like 2011 isn't a bad thing. I will take a couple 5 yard holding flags every single game if it means that he has put the other teams wide receiver flat on his back 10 other times that game. He adds a huge physical element to our defense that gets in the offense's head as much or maybe even more than Sherman's trash talking.

He did look a little rusty, but I think his presense and effect on the game is underrated.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Awesome stuff, Kearly. I agree with Rat. We're lucky your write-ups are free!

I agree with you, but I also think the 'Hawks got lucky despite playing an incredibly sloppy game. Marshawn's fumble; Wilson's fumble, almost-iNT (thanks, Doug), and two overthrows were a lot to get away with against a good team.

The 'Hawks were able to move the ball, which makes me hopeful, but there's no way playing a game that sloppy results in a win at Atlanta.

I don't want to play the what if game, I'm so stoked they won--but I can't help but think it would have been a tougher challenge against a healthy RGIII (not to mention Carriker and Orakpo).