Peter King: Seahawks #1 spot for RG3 if he's released

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This ain't happening. Two words. Peter King.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Our stripped down offensive system and team culture with Pete would be a good fit for RG3....................but that's where it ends.

Cap restraints, guaranteed money to T-Jack and the fact that RG3 thinks he's a starting QB wouldn't make for a happy situation me thinks. He needs to go to a team where he can start, or at least compete for a starting job...........and that ain't here.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":10273tbt said:

The same Peter King that is well connected with the Seahawks FO.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3dfmt1id said:
Seahwkgal":3dfmt1id said:

How so? Oh, that's right he's a journalist. He must know everything. :roll:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3k3cxpug said:
Hasselbeck":3k3cxpug said:
Seahwkgal":3k3cxpug said:

I thought that I read that he had a family member working there.

Infamous425

Reaction score
His daughter used to work for seahawks but I dont think she does anymore

Rat

Reaction score
RG3's biggest weaknesses as a leader are Wilson's biggest strengths. If he is serious about getting his career on track, I don't think he could do better than learning from Russ. I doubt his ego lets him sign somewhere he won't have a shot at starting though.

As an NFL fan, I kind of hope he signs with the Rams. That'd be hysterical if he put it all together with them.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
We broke him. Maybe his best chances of revival are here with a minimum contract. It could be poetic.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
McGruff":ulpdq7g9 said:
NorthDallas40oz":ulpdq7g9 said:
Barthawk":ulpdq7g9 said:
Peaches- good point. The $$$ would have to be available if he is traded, because there is no way he clears waivers and becomes a UFA.
Oh yes there is. Because any team who claims him on waivers also claims and is on the hook for his fully guaranteed $3.3M salary for this season. That ain't happening.

I believe they would also be on the hoof for his 15 million guaranteed next year.

The 15 is only guaranteed in the case of an injury preventing him to play next year.

I think enough blame has been spread around for several teams to JUMP at the chance to get RGIII on 3.3 million this year and next year only guaranteed for injury.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
You guys just got done complaining about this offensive line's terribleness, and now you want RG3 behind it? At least Wilson knows how to handle prssure - i.e. run away without taking stupid chances - and how to slide instead of take needless tackles.

Peter King: "Hmm, where might RG3 land? Well, he does read-option a lot...OH HEY, THE SEAHAWKS!!"

...and then he built a BS story about it. That was probably the extent of Peter King's train of thought.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":19nq2vlg said:
Peter King: "Hmm, where might RG3 land? Well, he does read-option a lot...OH HEY, THE SEAHAWKS!!"

...and then he built a BS story about it. That was probably the extent of Peter King's train of thought.

Bingo!!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BullHawk33":26cr4vnb said:
We broke him. Maybe his best chances of revival are here with a minimum contract. It could be poetic.

Pete: "Welcome Robert, we broke you and now we're going to put you back together, mind, body and spirit. Bring it in little buddy!" *gives RG3 a noogie*

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It has a nice ring to it. Russ being backed up by a QB who was picked two rounds higher in the same draft would be quite ironic. Next to that little inside giggle we'd all share he actually has a lot of potential as shown by his rookie campaign and should fit our offense quite well. It might work out.

Realistically speaking it won't happen though. Money is the first thing that makes this impossible, he won't be cheap and we've already invested in Tarvaris as our back up anyway. With a 0% chance of starting behind a QB who will probably even outlast Griffin's carreer it doesn't seem to be much of a competitively interesting option for him either.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
akscoundrel":3c90hjj2 said:
I'm gonna have to slap a b if we pay griffin but not chancellor

For the 1,000,000th time.. we already paid Chancellor two seasons ago

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3um7e06w said:
Hasselbeck":3um7e06w said:
Seahwkgal":3um7e06w said:

Yeah crazy enough journalists build working relationships with high ranking officials in teams front offices.