Peters Signing with the Hawks

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Isn't turf toe basically your entire toe pulling back to the top of your foot? That just sounds incredibly painful to walk, let alone play football.

Pretty much, turf toe and high ankle sprains are probably the two worst soft tissue injuries. Just lingers and lingers.

strohmin

Reaction score
Very simple - you need to replace the depth if the depth has to step in, regardless of who ends up playing in place of the injured starter.

Young tackles who played as well as Peters has in game action over the past few years aren't free agents.

What world are we living in where good young tackles are *cheap depth?*

Just ain't how the league works.
Fair enough but this kind of signing makes me even more concerned about the direction of this team.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This signing would seem to indicate the team thinks Cross may be out for a bit so we may expect a roster move for Cross to IR.

Will be interested to see what Peters will be paid.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well I suppose it's early days yet, but I agree. So disappointed in the team's performance on Sunday.

There are an awful lot of early injuries this season for sure.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Turf toe is no joke, especially for dudes who weigh 300 lbs who need to put weight on their feet for balance and leverage.

So my guess is Cross is going to miss at least 2-3 weeks trying to get that foot right, and who knows about Lucas. Chronic knee? I can't even guess how you fix that mid season. He was resting that knee the entire off season and pre-season, and it still caused him to come out of the 1st game.

That's not good man.
First I ever heard of Turf Toe, was when it ended Jack Lambert's career. Lambert was one tough hombre, so I hope that doesn't happen here with Cross.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I thought he played well too but as a guard and in run blocking. As a tackle and in pass pro? Sunday wasn't good.
Curhan had one bad play according to my notes. He's a pretty good OT, actually. OG Haynes was the culprit on many of those plays. Maybe Bradford comes in at OG sooner than expected? He's 6'5" and 322 pounds!!!

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Jason Peters, Pro Bowls 9, Age 41.

I'd rather see the Hawks develop their own second team tackles more. They will be around longer!

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jason Peters, Pro Bowls 9, Age 41.

I'd rather see the Hawks develop their own second team tackles more. They will be around longer!

Why do you think we're signing a 41 year old tackle?

That should be all the evidence you need with what Pete and Waldron think of our developing backups. Hell, Curhan isn't even a tackle, he's just a 3rd string dude that can play a couple series at most of the line positions. He's awful, and would get COMPLETELY destroyed by the edge rushers in the league.........like Idk, Aiden Hutchinson this week.

Seahawker

Reaction score
A little shameless recollection that has jogged my memory, less self promotion & more ironic. I wasted a ton of key punches in 2004 trying to get the Seahawks to draft Peters & Jared Allen (Idaho State). Peters went undrafted and Allen (4th rd, Chiefs). I saw Peters as a back up swing tackle, soon to become the biggest TE to LT transition ever.

2x 1st team All Pro
4x 2nd team All Pro
9x Pro Bowl
NFL 2010 all decade team
SB champion

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, sometimes it seems like P &J pull their nuts out of a bingo mixer, felt the same about Holmgren.
I think having Peters around is going to help Cross and Lucas improve at a faster clip while dealing with their injuries.
They should have brought big Walt in, lol.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Why do you think we're signing a 41 year old tackle?

That should be all the evidence you need with what Pete and Waldron think of our developing backups. Hell, Curhan isn't even a tackle, he's just a 3rd string dude that can play a couple series at most of the line positions. He's awful, and would get COMPLETELY destroyed by the edge rushers in the league.........like Idk, Aiden Hutchinson this week.
Hello Sgt Largent!

Maybe walk yourself back off of the deep edge a little bit, please...
This Jason Peters' signing isn't one that the "Dvl Dug" approved of.

RT Jake Curhan is an NFL offensive tackle, even if you don't want to admit it, and he has shown promise at times.
First tier, no, but he wasn't drafted 1st tier offensive tackle either. He is a solid backup in a pinch.

LT Stone Forsythe is also an NFL offensive tackle, probably not as good as Curhan, but teams do need someone to fill the void when an injury happens.

I wanted these monies & resources spent on a 340Lb Defensive Tackle instead.
3-4 Defenses don't win without one.

(What was your argument with me again? Do you even remember?)