Peters Signing with the Hawks

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I just heard a funny one on 710. Peters started playing in college in 2000. Charles cross was born in.........2000

My immediate thought is that one or both of our tackles are going to miss time. Damn.

Turf toe is no joke, especially for dudes who weigh 300 lbs who need to put weight on their feet for balance and leverage.

So my guess is Cross is going to miss at least 2-3 weeks trying to get that foot right, and who knows about Lucas. Chronic knee? I can't even guess how you fix that mid season. He was resting that knee the entire off season and pre-season, and it still caused him to come out of the 1st game.

That's not good man.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Carroll was coy on the turf toe question, which means Cross will likely be out awhile. Lucas' patella tendon issue, not a tear or anything but I can see why they are playing it safe.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Isn't turf toe basically your entire toe pulling back to the top of your foot? That just sounds incredibly painful to walk, let alone play football.

strohmin

Reaction score
It looks like Pete has given up on this season. He couldnt find another young tackle to have as a backup before the season started? Our O-line always gets injured, you would think he would be prepared for this by now.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Surprisingly played alright last year for the Cowboys. 41 years old isn't ideal and Cross will likely deal with turf toe the entire season. Miserable injury, super easy to cause it to flare up.

That said, not many better guys in the NFL to have in the OL room than Peters to help mentor the young guys.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It looks like Pete has given up on this season. He couldnt find another young tackle to have as a backup before the season started? Our O-line always gets injured, you would think he would be prepared for this by now.
Very simple - you need to replace the depth if the depth has to step in, regardless of who ends up playing in place of the injured starter.

Young tackles who played as well as Peters has in game action over the past few years aren't free agents.

What world are we living in where good young tackles are *cheap depth?*

Just ain't how the league works.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Is Walter Jones available?

I was thinking the same thing. I think we could be right back in the hunt if we had Walter Jones and maybe Anthony Munoz as bookends. I know they're close to Peter's age, so perhaps we could sign Orlando Pace to a vet min deal in case one of the starters goes down.

Latest posts