Petes decision to Punt on 4th and 1 at midfield.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3m9y0l8n said:
fenderbender123":3m9y0l8n said:
Tical21":3m9y0l8n said:
We pinned them at the 2.

True, but it likely should have been a touchback which would have brought the ball up to the 25 and only netted us 15 yards. The PR for Atlanta called for a fair catch at the 2 yard line. Had he let it bounce like I'm sure he was supposed to, it likely would have gone into the endzone.

So now we're arguing in what should have happeneds?

Well, yeah... we're talking about whether Pete should have went for it instead of punted. At that point, nobody knows that it would have been downed at the 2 yard line. But, what we do know, is that there's a decent chance of a touchback. Pinning a team deep, even on short punts, isn't easy by any means. That would have influenced me to just go for it.

But, I do understand not having a capable RB, and RW hasn't always been reliable on QB sneaks. That would have influenced me not to go for it. Maybe either call was correct.

NYCoug

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2zlkbhn7 said:
Seanhawk":2zlkbhn7 said:
fenderbender123":2zlkbhn7 said:
Tical21":2zlkbhn7 said:
We pinned them at the 2.

True, but it likely should have been a touchback which would have brought the ball up to the 25 and only netted us 15 yards. The PR for Atlanta called for a fair catch at the 2 yard line. Had he let it bounce like I'm sure he was supposed to, it likely would have gone into the endzone.

So now we're arguing in what should have happeneds?

Well, yeah... we're talking about whether Pete should have went for it instead of punted. At that point, nobody knows that it would have been downed at the 2 yard line. But, what we do know, is that there's a decent chance of a touchback. Pinning a team deep, even on short punts, isn't easy by any means. That would have influenced me to just go for it.

But, I do understand not having a capable RB, and RW hasn't always been reliable on QB sneaks. That would have influenced me not to go for it. Maybe either call was correct.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but have the Seahawks actually ever attempted a QB sneak with Wilson as the quarterback? I honestly can't recall one, ever. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I honestly can't remember ever seeing them attempt one, and have always wondered why they've never attempted one.

Anyone?

HawkGA

Reaction score
I was just wondering the same thing, re: Wilson doing a QB sneak.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It's been a long time it seems...but they have been attempted...and I wanted to say we haven't been too successful with them.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1s1k4ztl said:
Generally speaking teams start to rack up fourth down attempts in games when they're behind late.

This is something important to consider when looking at number of attempts.

If you exclude the fourth quarter, the Seahawks are still near the bottom of the league in the number of attempts on fourth down. In the last three seasons plus the start of this one, the Seahawks have gone for it on fourth down (not including the fourth quarter) 13 times. That is the 30th in the league.

During that same time frame, the Seahawks are have the second-most number of punts inside opponent territory when the distance to go is five yards or fewer.

NYCoug

Reaction score
So far I've found only one quarterback sneak for Wilson. The 34-22 win @ Arizona in 2013. It got absolutely blown up by Calais Campbell. I am going to keep on searching. This is my mission for the next short while.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
NYCoug":2mmuwdd8 said:
So far I've found only one quarterback sneak for Wilson. The 34-22 win @ Arizona in 2013. It got absolutely blown up by Calais Campbell. I am going to keep on searching. This is my mission for the next short while.

This should help you: http://pfref.com/tiny/qUlWb

Scroll down to individual plays and then sort by detail, and it will group all the Wilson ones together.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I was mad that he didn't go for it as well but what made me even more mad was that he shouldn't have even needed to make the choice. Looks like Michaels tries to make an extra cut at the end and gets stuffed instead of just driving forward and making sure he had the first down. Should have never even went to fourth down.

potatohead

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":zay4xenc said:
Ahaha! "Running over Sherman like he was drunk..." Some of these posts are so incredibly clueless that it's hard to takes this thread seriously.

How else would you explain his two blown coverages that allowed easy TD's?

Largent80":zay4xenc said:
If you saw Michael's weird skipping tra-La towards the line of scrimmage on 3rd down you would punt too. WTF was that?

It was brutal, is what it was. He could have got the first down 100% of the time if he simply tried.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Largent80":246wlidb said:
If you saw Michael's weird skipping tra-La towards the line of scrimmage on 3rd down you would punt too. WTF was that?

Michael just doesn't have any situational awareness. There was a point when he was approaching the first down sticks and went out of bounds a yard short instead of lowering his head and taking on the defender as he's done on so many occasions. And if you take a look at what he was doing on the flea flicker, he was just standing around watching Russell scramble instead of finding someone to block.

I really think there's something not right with Michael's mind and that he has little control over it. In today's politically correct society, we'd say that he has a hard time multi tasking. In my day, we'd say that he can't walk and chew gum at the same time.