Pete's Friday Presser

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1kj9ak4x said:
I know it's not the schedule, however when you look back, we started on Thursday, had 10 days to the next game and in 110 heat. Played Denver the next week, then 15 days off from the bye/MNF.

Season ending injuries in practices and warmups. It is just a weird scenario where we have NEVER had much of a chance to get things rolling.

Other than the crazy heat in SD, you just described 80% of the league's game schedule.

With games on every Thursday this year, just about every team is dealing with the weird gaps in days between games.

idk, we had an amazingly lucky year last year with injuries, so maybe the football gods are enacting their karmic revenge this year.

marko358

Reaction score
StoneCold":2w9lmapn said:
I got a bad feeling about this game. My rheumatoids is acting up and my bunions is hurtin' and my corns are talking. AND THAT IS NOT A GOOD SIGNN!

SC

I've been a Raiders fan my whole life. They have a 1% chance of winning this game IMO.

Disclaimer: The Hawks are my 1.b team after I moved here 3 years ago.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Dang................these injuries are getting ridiculous, Kam and Okung being out could be pretty bad.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2joqdjym said:
Dang................these injuries are getting ridiculous, Kam and Okung being out could be pretty bad.

It's football. Players get hurt. There is no such thing as a healthy football player.

calihawk

Reaction score
Largent80":se9fcum1 said:
Oakland has been playing teams close. At least on offense we have most of our starters.
I would love to think a good game plan will win the game but I have no confidence in Bevell.

Jville

Reaction score
Regarding FB Will Tukuafu: Will was very impressive. Picked the offense up quickly. Catches the ball well. His 280lb weight makes a difference blocking. Will will play and Carroll is looking forward to seeing what he can do in Seahawk offense.

Jville

Reaction score
With regards to the center position: Characterized Stephen Schilling play at center as solid. However, said they look forward to getting the considerable experience and leadership of Max Unger back on the field.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
marko358":26s9wy6s said:
Well this is the one week where you could get away with playing a bunch of 3rd and 4th stringers.

I saw that game against the Raiders in the preseason and it did not turn out well for the Seahawks.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-9-Friday-Press-Conference/11c3c527-0c36-4691-b73a-bb3c9cfdbb9e[/urltargetblank]

Video on .com now for those who want to watch.

Synopsis

Happy to be home in front of the 12's

Carry over from last week? We did good on 3rd down and on pressure and would like to see that continue

Unger will dress. Not sure how long he will be able to play. Schilling will be ready to go

Maxwell is out

Brock Coyle and KPL had a good week of preparation this week and are ready to go.

Simon is ok as is Sherman and Bennett

Hill is still suffering from an ankle issue and isn't ready

Johnson didn't make it through the concussion protocol so won't play.

Says with Unger out you miss his leadership, his abilities to adjust mid-game and his communication with Tom Cable. Said Schilling did a solid job out there.

Chancellor is banged up and will be worked out on game day to see if he can go

Smith is a few weeks from playing

Okung is sore and day to day...also a game day decision. Played a guessing game as to his injury letting the reporters guess. Someone eventually guessed properly (Calf)

Wouldn't specify how Walters would be used and said they have to wait on gameday.

Tukuafu is able to pick stuff up quickly and catches the ball well. He's going to be playing in the game this week.

If Chancellor is out will Shead go? He said yea, Shead is one of our safeties

That's it until gameday.

byau

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind, synopsis from listening to replay on the Seahawks iphone app (about 6min30s presser)

* How did game prep go this week? Pete: "I don't understand that. Why should we talk about that before the other stuff? Sure you don't want to talk about groins and hamstrings?" He goes on to say ready to be home this Sunday, it's been awhile and looking forward to playing at home. Good week of work

* Defense carryover from Panthers' Game: did a great job on 3rd down, want to see it be consistent

* Max Unger is going to dress Sunday

* Steve Shilling will also dress Sunday. Be ready to play Sunday too.

* Maxwell: not going to make it for Sunday

* LB: Brock and KPL ready and had a terrific week. Great at making calls. Feel comfortable with him playing

* Sherman/Bennett: Both ready to go Sunday

* Jordan Hill: still suffering from ankle injury, not getting back out

* Jeron Johnson: did not make it through protocol

* Offense carryover from Panthers: trying to be consistent in all phases, when something goes well, wants to continue. Good mix in the last drive and protection of throw. Good on 3rd downs and wants to continue. Control the ball

* Max Unger: missed his leadership the last few weeks, ability to adjust and communicate, chemistry with Tom Cable, experience. You can only get it through years of working together. Schilling did a good job keeping it together. Having Max back is important

* Kam: banged up, will be worked out on gameday, questionable

* Malcolm Smith: not going to make it, take a few weeks

* Okung: sore today, bring him back tomorrow and see how he does. Gameday decision.

* Walters back this week, will be gameday decision of how he is used.

* Tuakafu: impressed he has way more experience playing that position than they had originally thought. Came out and showed understanding of game, pick up stuff quick, catches ball well, can really lay into guys at 280lb. Looking forward to seeing him play

* Hopefully will use more downfield plays on offense like we saw against Panthers

* Is Desahwn Shead next guy up if Kam can't go? Yes he is one of our safeties.

Overall, interesting mood of the presser. Pete was quite snarky. I have a feeling it's just that these are all the same questions over and over that Pet's been getting all week. And pretty much the reporters ended up answering all questions in their own questions and Pete found a lot of humor in that and then says "Okay guys, shall we just end this thing?" and everyone laughed

byau

Reaction score
ack sorry Kidhawk!!! Didn't mean to step on your toes! You do a really good job with these and I just saw that you said you were "stuck in Hawaii" (oh dang). Sorry man!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
byau":mzctrl0n said:
Hope you don't mind, synopsis from listening to replay on the Seahawks iphone app (about 6min30s presser)

Don't mind one bit. It's appreciated

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
byau":3m5nhw68 said:
ack sorry Kidhawk!!! Didn't mean to step on your toes! You do a really good job with these and I just saw that you said you were "stuck in Hawaii" (oh dang). Sorry man!

It's cool. Someone else posted about being stuck in Hawaii (somehow I don't feel too bad for them :) ) I had an appointment I had to go to. I am done with that now. Your synopsis was excellent and it doesn't hurt to have two :)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
marko358":16z3rifc said:
Well this is the one week where you could get away with playing a bunch of 3rd and 4th stringers.

The Seahawks already played the Raiders with 3rd ant 4th stringers....it wasn't pretty. Rewind to last game of the preseason. Hopefully, they get some of those guys listed as questionable to heal up quickly. This is a game the Seahawks can't afford to lose.

marko358

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2gfj9tko said:
marko358":2gfj9tko said:

The Seahawks already played the Raiders with 3rd ant 4th stringers....it wasn't pretty. Rewind to last game of the preseason. Hopefully, they get some of those guys listed as questionable to heal up quickly. This is a game the Seahawks can't afford to lose.

Yeah I know but Russell only had one drive on offense and easily marched down the field against a field of stationary traffic cones. Give him an entire game of offensive drives and he'll likely have his best game of the season. And their secondary is a hodgepodge of backups at this point too.

chris98251

Reaction score
More Ball Control hmm, 280 pound FB and Lynch, how would you like to be a LB seeing that come at you?

idahohawk

Reaction score
marko358":3opvwmur said:
hawkfan68":3opvwmur said:
marko358":3opvwmur said:

Yeah I know but Russell only had one drive on offense and easily marched down the field against a field of stationary traffic cones. Give him an entire game of offensive drives and he'll likely have his best game of the season. And their secondary is a hodgepodge of backups at this point too.

We were supposed to do something similar vs. CAR last weekend... welp.

I'm in full pessimist mode until I see a competent O for more than a few drives.

I hope things start to click offensively Sunday. That will cure a lot of the defensive woes. Make other teams start pressing and rushing to score points and the young D will thrive.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
idahohawk":337sqe6b said:
marko358":337sqe6b said:
hawkfan68":337sqe6b said:
marko358":337sqe6b said:

We were supposed to do something similar vs. CAR last weekend... welp.

I'm in full pessimist mode until I see a competent O for more than a few drives.

I hope things start to click offensively Sunday. That will cure a lot of the defensive woes. Make other teams start pressing and rushing to score points and the young D will thrive.
This is exactly what the have been feeling all week brother. Can't wait for this team to break out, hopefully Sunday and ready for another Manning annihilation next week!!!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Oakland is a lot more susceptible to the run than they are the pass, so I'd look for a heavy dose of Lynch and/or Michael. Low scoring game, something like 20-10 Hawks.

Latest posts