Pete's Friday Presser

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Pete sounded more pissed off than usual. Good, I hope the whole team plays angry against the Raiders.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Will there be room for Michael ?

Good question, Zack, Wags, Maxwell, Smith, Hill and Johnson are already ruled out so that leaves 1 spot left for an inactive. Will all the people on the probable and Questionable list I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them added to the inactive list which would allow Michael to be active for the game.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
"We want to run the football every week. We’d like to get that going again . . ."

"What’s really important to us is that we control the ball and play the style that we want to play."

Sounds good to me.

:th2thumbs:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawknation2014":134d3s6m said:
"We want to run the football every week. We’d like to get that going again . . ."

"What’s really important to us is that we control the ball and play the style that we want to play."

Awesome Pete. Oh, and um............please tell us why you've allowed Bevell to give Marshawn only 15 carries a game then. Just curious.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3ivbpgrx said:
hawknation2014":3ivbpgrx said:

Awesome Pete. Oh, and um............please tell us why you've allowed Bevell to give Marshawn only 15 carries a game then. Just curious.

He was basically discussing ways in which the offense has to improve from last week ("we’re trying to get here"). He also mentioned "protecting Russell so that he can make good throws" and improving on 3rd downs.

King Dog

Reaction score
mikeak":1upzpbyq said:
I am going to stick with the one thing I liked :)

More passes downfield - sweet

I'm getting jealous of watching all these rookie wr's on other teams catching deep balls or td passes. I would love to see Wilson connect on a couple with ours.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3nls8v24 said:
byau":3nls8v24 said:
ack sorry Kidhawk!!! Didn't mean to step on your toes! You do a really good job with these and I just saw that you said you were "stuck in Hawaii" (oh dang). Sorry man!

It's cool. Someone else posted about being stuck in Hawaii (somehow I don't feel too bad for them :) ) I had an appointment I had to go to. I am done with that now. Your synopsis was excellent and it doesn't hurt to have two :)
LOL, Yeah, like we all going to get too much of a good thing :D

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":30gauot9 said:
Okung is the new MR. Glass.
For a guy that never missed a game in college he looks to be about to be continuing his record of never playing a whole season as a pro.

He is underachieving his draft position and has proven to be a disappointment for the 6th OA pick. Thankfully his salary drops to a mere $5 mil or so next year. Kinda think he could be replaced with a more reliable guy.

RiverDog

Reaction score
jammerhawk":14upz2hw said:
Hawk_Nation":14upz2hw said:
Okung is the new MR. Glass.
For a guy that never missed a game in college he looks to be about to be continuing his record of never playing a whole season as a pro.

He is underachieving his draft position and has proven to be a disappointment for the 6th OA pick. Thankfully his salary drops to a mere $5 mil or so next year. Kinda think he could be replaced with a more reliable guy.

I concur. Perhaps we've gotten spoiled by Walt Jones, but it sure seems to me that even when Okung is healthy, he's gotten beaten far more times than a franchise LT should, plus he's a penalty machine. The problem is that there's a premium on LT's and we're not likely to upgrade the position if we let him go.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
With a healthier Unger and a new FB blocking for Lynch I expect to see a heavier dose of the run game, which is only a good thing when it comes to Seattle.

Wouldn't be surprised to see 150 on the ground from either Lynch or Russell, and easily expect it combined.

Thanks for the updates, hopefully Kam can play, as for the O-line maybe Unger can play LT and Schilling can start at center. :p

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
StoneCold":1brpnua5 said:
I got a bad feeling about this game. My rheumatoids is acting up and my bunions is hurtin' and my corns are talking. AND THAT IS NOT A GOOD SIGNN!

SC
You sure it's not just the humidity?

Latest posts