Petition to Give Terry Blount the Boot

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that there are fans who contribute more insight and analysis to this site than Blount does for ESPN, and he get paid for it.

Does .NET have unusually high standards? Probably.

Does that mean 'Hawks fans should have to settle for something that Austin Slater could come up with? No. No they should not.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1f1w11o9 said:
The fact of the matter is that there are fans who contribute more insight and analysis to this site than Blount does for ESPN, and he get paid for it.

Does .NET have unusually high standards? Probably.

Does that mean 'Hawks fans should have to settle for something that Austin Slater could come up with? No. No they should not.
This is why I wasn't aware of Blount. I come here.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
ESPN doesn't have many good team beat reporters. Blount is about average in that he doesn't know very much about the game but adequately reports on the non-substantive "flashy" stories.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Stop clicking into his articles.

A petition will likely go unnoticed. If a lot of people hate him so much, they should just stop clicking into his work. They can quantify a lack of clicks to revenue loss. A petition from a small group of people doesn't tell them anything.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I get the pov of people here who say "eh its not that bad get over it."

however those probably aren't people who have read ESPN for years regularly who were accustomed to one of the better team reporters in Sando and have watched him be replaced with a guy who can't possibly be trying very hard.

I realize its free to go look at ESPN but they also subject you to video and other advertisements. And to be honest its just not worth even shutting off an automatic commercial to look at Blount's stuff. You are still a customer in that regard. no doubt the guy is a decent journalist to make it as far as he has in his career but he's definitely not interested in football or the Seahawks or he would at least be trying.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":153ht4b0 said:
-The Glove-":153ht4b0 said:
ImTheScientist":153ht4b0 said:
He is trying to make a living, feed his family, etc.

Even if he sucks at his job it's why bother,....because he hates the hawks?

You can say that about every poor schmuck out there. It doesn't excuse someone from being incredibly bad at their jobs

He is just being the scientist. He argues for the sake of arguing. He doesnt believe it.

Sorry I don't agree with you. If he is doing a bad job his boss or management will take care of it, I don't see why thats our business.

ManBunts

Reaction score
The problem here is we were spoiled with Sando. Have you read the other teams' writers? There are some decent ones, sure, but not many are much better than Blount. If you want better Seahawks articles, go to Field Gulls then

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I usually don't chime in on stuff like this, but Blount is atrocious. I don't even go to ESPN.com anymore, knowing whatever post he has written is going to be pretty much useless (not even emotionally appealing).

We were spoiled with Sando, but IMHO, Blount's contributions thus far seems like a guy who is on the verge of retirement and frankly doesn't give a hoot about providing decent content.

I don't like the idea of a "mob mentality," but in this particular scenario, this truly is a guy who is doing terrible work. It's not like people don't like him for his personal stance on something, but rather, he's just not good at what he does and his writing comes across as "I don't care about providing anything of value."

We really are entering the Golden Years of Seahawk football and it'd be great to get somebody on the beat who really digs deep for good information/stories (.net & Field Gulls destroy him in this regard). Blount seems to write nothing but half-assed fluff pieces. I'm looking forward to his next article, "Percy Harvin's favorite color that's not blue."

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
There was a good reason that we lost Sando to NFL Insider.

Sando's is a football analyst... the guy's a thinker... he has impressions about how a team and its players play... and then he forms a hypothesis about the team or player... and then sets about to prove, or disprove his hypothesis... scientifically.

Being an engineer myself, I really enjoyed Sando's articles because he taught me stuff that I didn't know. He educated me about our team and our division. He is always looking for data to support his impressions.

Blount is just a writer... he's not an analyst that is seeking new knowledge or perspective to share with his followers.

As other have stated, Sando spoiled us.

Blount continues to disappoint (me). I still click on his articles but frankly, I'm just wasting my time reading them.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Blount doesn't even do as much as his peers. For every 10 Tard, Whinner, or Lamb articles there is maybe 1 seahawks article. He's just lazy.

Taehwk

Reaction score
Blount is lazy and predictable.

His contributions if you haven't noticed are top ten list or a poll.

For example...
Top ten seahawks of all time - he takes user comments tallies up the "votes" and releases 1 name per day - that's a week worth of writing for him.

Anyone can do what he does...

I can come up with a ton of polls/ list that have no value and show my bosses I am posting and that fan interaction is great - look people voting and commenting - site traffic is good.

Kevin Williams vs Cassius Marsh - who will have a greater impact on the defense?

Tharold simon vs jeremey lane - who plays slot cb?

Top 5 seahawks at cb of all time
Top 5 seahawks at wr of all time

Etc etc

Boring, lazy reporting at its best - anyone can come up with this stuff

A

Anonymous

They keep score on how many reads, so the best medicine is to not click.

Easier said than done though, for us Hawks-hungry folk.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I'm against protests but i don't know how to show it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't think my dislike of Blount is at all created by the departure of Sando. I can, and have, done better on my own blog.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
The funny thing is, I don't dislike him at all. But I do dislike his writing. It's nothing personal. He may be a wonderful human being.