Petition to Give Terry Blount the Boot

endzorn

Reaction score
To be fair, has anyone here actually learned anything of value from ANY ESPN blogger...including Sando? If you are a regular on this site then I'm guessing you know more details about the team than is actually healthy for a grown man to know anyway. I don't even read ESPN and the sun comes up every morning, right along with my first whiskey water and a painful erection.

Subzero717

Reaction score
endzorn":3wtn7d6h said:
To be fair, has anyone here actually learned anything of value from ANY ESPN blogger...including Sando? If you are a regular on this site then I'm guessing you know more details about the team than is actually healthy for a grown man to know anyway. I don't even read ESPN and the sun comes up every morning, right along with my first whiskey water and a painful erection.

If it hurts, you're doing it wrong.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Blount just sucks ass.

He wrote an article a while back that the Seahawks lead the league in per player spending. He had a golden opportunity on explaining where and how the money was spent, but no, he just reported on the list. There was absolutely nothing else, just that the Seahawks spend the most on players.

It's not that Blount has ONE of these articles every once in a while...it's that this is the ONLY type of article he writes. He NEVER does more than the minimum required. He NEVER gives me ANY information that I couldn't find anywhere else. He NEVER gives an opinion or chooses one side over another. He NEVER delivers what I expect from the "Worldwide Leader in Sports".

I have read every other writer for every NFL team at ESPN and not one gives as little for their dedicated team as this guy does for the Seahawks.

I have left comments in his lazy articles and I have emailed customer care at ESPN just trying to point out how little this guy offers. After working hard to point out his laziness to no avail, I just quit reading his garbage because I know I will just be let down again. The guy can sure come up with great headlines and then when I click on the link and see it's written by Blount, I just hit the back button, but the guy still gets credit for the click.

It's pretty sad that Bleacher Report is actually putting out better Seahawks articles than Blount EVER has.

razor150

Reaction score
Espn as a whole is a joke, and you want me to care about one guy? Sorry, don't care. Seriously some people have too much time on their hands. Besides, it is sports reporting and not exactly something important. If you don't like him don't read the blog, and as traffick goes down eventually he will lose his job.as long as the traffic is good ESPN won't pay any attention to this petition.

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
I nominate Brock Huard to replace Terry "the lazy" Blount hehe! But then again he cant possibly be worse than the 49ers ESPN reporter Bill Williamson!! I'm sorry but that dude sounds like he has "marbles" in his mouth.

JKent82

Reaction score
I haven't read the espn blog pretty much at all since sando left. It hasn't been particularly purposeful it's just there's no real content so I don't think to check there anymore.

Anyways maybe they can replace him with a real high quality espn writer who's knowledgeable in the hawks, Jeffri Chadiha. I feel like he'd really take pleasure in writing about how good Pete, Russell, and company are.

justafan

Reaction score
Unless a reporter is in the area,attends training camps, practices and has day to day access to the players and coaches I dont expect much insight.
I dont blame Blount as much as i blame ESPN.
If you want to read about top 10 plays or facts like Cable teaches Zone blocking or our DBs are pretty good Blounts your guy.
Seems like its written for general footbal fans outside the area than local Hawk fans who read the local writers.

rightbench

Reaction score
“Unless a reporter is in the area,attends training camps, practices and has day to day access to the players and coaches I dont expect much insight.

The question is, why WOULDN’T ESPN assign someone to cover the team who has or is willing to live where the team is and report on the team. A Seahawks reporter with no physical connection to the team is an idiotic premise in the first place.

“It's really up to ESPN to determine if Blount deserves his job or not... As long as Blount hasn't done anything wrong (besides posting some mediocre articles), I don't see why there should be a petition to give him the boot. You can always find other news sources like I have.”

We’re not asking Blount to be fired. Go read the petition. Being removed from a position and being fired are actually 2 different things. Lateral movements for the sake of productivity are a very common workplace event. We’re asking for him to be removed from his attachment to the Seahawks.

“at least do something worthwhile like a petition to remove Skip Bayless' vocal chords or something.

this is pathetic.”

Pathetic is you taking time out of your day to complain about how other people spend their free time. Pathetic is not asking ESPN to find someone who actually has an interest in football or the Seattle Seahawks and letting them write about the team.

“I don't care much for Blount's work, but wouldn't even think to try to help him lose his job. “

If any of you people actually read the petition instead of jumping on the “complain about your fellow 12’s” bandwagon because you have nothing better to do, you would see that Terry Blount losing his job is NOT the point of or even mentioned in the petition.
The entire purpose is to put someone in that position who CARES about our Hawks. I don’t care whether you ever read ESPN or whether you only read .net. For those of us that do want to read ESPN along with all of our other intake of the Seahawks, we would appreciate someone giving some effort.

45Hawker

Reaction score
There's this kid waiter at a local restaurant. He sucks. So I'm rallying the entire community to picket the restaurant until he's fired. Screw that kid. I deserve better service.

Cartire

Reaction score
45Hawker":9cy9xbxc said:
There's this kid waiter at a local restaurant. He sucks. So I'm rallying the entire community to picket the restaurant until he's fired. Screw that kid. I deserve better service.

Association Fallacy
Fallacy of relative privation

2 in the same argument. Nice. Also, please elaborate on why the kid sucks. There could be probable cause to get him fired. Did you talk the manager first and he refused your motion? Then yes, if the kid "sucks" at his job and is delivering poor service, and you have talked to the manager and that yields no results, then start a petition. Its a good way to vocalize your concerns with a business establishment that doesnt meet the customers needs. Capitalism doesnt work if we let everyone off with a free pass because we feel bad.

Now that being said, if you are just trying to get him fired because you want to compare his situation with the one we are having with Blount, then you are just a bad person... was the kid even bad, or are you putting his poor rep at stake for your Red Herring argument?

45Hawker

Reaction score
Cartire":1vwsrfj0 said:
Association Fallacy
I'll quote The Princess Bride: "I do not think it means what you think it means…"

INCONCEIVABLE!!! :p

Cartire

Reaction score
45Hawker":3bffjayl said:
Cartire":3bffjayl said:
Association Fallacy
I'll quote The Princess Bride: "I do not think it means what you think it means…"

INCONCEIVABLE!!! :p

Quoting in awesome movie doesnt make my statement wrong in anyway. Those were 2 fallacies that were used in the original comment.