Petition to Give Terry Blount the Boot

Xarbx425

Reaction score
I don't have a major problem with him. He's not the best but there are other alternatives out there. It's not like you're being forced to read Terry's articles. ESPN isn't the only website that covers sports.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1sqev7we said:
He is trying to make a living, feed his family, etc.

Even if he sucks at his job it's why bother,....because he hates the hawks?
I'm trying to feed my family, maybe they have room for me.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The best pure writer that's covered the Hawks some is Dave Bolling, but he's more of a here and there journalist these days, focused on other writing projects.

I think Sando's blog with the News Tribune (pre-espn gig) was the best Hawks blog ever. But he has been more dry since taking the ESPN gig. It might be his job though, ESPN has no shortage o' blowhards that earn a paycheck by inciting fan rage.

rideaducati

Reaction score
More comments here than petition signatures...that's just sad.

You can also send an email to customer care at espn. I'm sure the interns there will deal with it.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
There's 64 signatures currently. Not bad for the off season I suppose. Would like to make it to 100+ though.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
Blount is just trying to do his job,... unfortunately he has no passion for it, and so his work turns out mediocre

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":35nys2c0 said:
ImTheScientist":35nys2c0 said:
He is trying to make a living, feed his family, etc.

Even if he sucks at his job it's why bother,....because he hates the hawks?
I'm trying to feed my family, maybe they have room for me.

Apply for a job. Im sure everyone is free to do that. :th2thumbs:

kobebryant

Reaction score
This is so lame.

If you don't like a journalist, just ignore them.

Unless he is using his forum to spew hate speech, calling for another man to lose his job is garbage.

You know you take your NFL coverage way too seriously when. I just have to shake my head at supposed adults sometimes.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":1bubws8s said:
This is so lame.

Unless he is using his forum to spew hate speech, calling for another man to lose his job is garbage.

You know you take your NFL coverage way too seriously when. I just have to shake my head at supposed adults sometimes.

Really? I guess you have never complained at a restaurant for bad service or been fine with every haircut or no problems ever with any service ever given you. ESPN provides a service. People are expressing there displeasure with lazy sloppy service from this guy. If they don't get any feedback how will they know this guy sucks. And yes if someone sucks at there job they should lose it. America baby. I am glad the Seahawks organization doesn't settle for mediocrity the way you do or we would be a .500 team.

P.S. I guess I will read your book on adult behavior from now on to see how I should act. I wouldn't want you shaking head at me.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":352umrtw said:
This is so lame.

Really? I guess you have never complained at a restaurant for bad service or been fine with every haircut or no problems ever with any service ever given you. ESPN provides a service. People are expressing there displeasure with lazy sloppy service from this guy. If they don't get any feedback how will they know this guy sucks. And yes if someone sucks at there job they should lose it. America baby. I am glad the Seahawks organization doesn't settle for mediocrity the way you do or we would be a .500 team.

P.S. I guess I will read your book on adult behavior from now on to see how I should act. I wouldn't want you shaking head at me.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":yfbi2mri said:
kobebryant":yfbi2mri said:
This is so lame.

Get out of here with that nonsense. You don't know a damn thing about me.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":3k07rplx said:
Year of The Hawk":3k07rplx said:
kobebryant":3k07rplx said:
This is so lame.

So why all the condescension for people YOU don't know?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":vatz39cg said:
kobebryant":vatz39cg said:
Year of The Hawk":vatz39cg said:
kobebryant":vatz39cg said:
This is so lame.

Because I think it is lame for adults to care enough about this issue to rally for another man to lose his job over something as inconsequential and subjective as whether or not one likes the quality of his work; enjoyment of sports reporting is largely subjective. If he had committed an offense worthy of being fired, such as plagiarism or bigotry - by all means call for his job.

But this seems like more of a situation where letting his superiors know that the quality of his work is lacking and that he should be facing a performance review seems more appropriate than essentially going 0-80mph.

To use your restaurant analogy; Blount is a slow and clumsy waiter - you don't ask for him to be fired, you nudge the manager and say that the dude needs to get it together. Now, if Blount is cussing out your wife and spitting in your food (plagiarism, bigotry) - call for his job.

Galen96

Reaction score
kobebryant":3rja2rui said:
Because I think it is lame for adults to care enough about this issue to rally for another man to lose his job over something as inconsequential and subjective as whether or not one likes the quality of his work; enjoyment of sports reporting is largely subjective. If he had committed an offense worthy of being fired, such as plagiarism or bigotry - by all means call for his job.

But this seems like more of a situation where letting his superiors know that the quality of his work is lacking and that he should be facing a performance review seems more appropriate than essentially going 0-80mph.

To use your restaurant analogy; Blount is a slow and clumsy waiter - you don't ask for him to be fired, you nudge the manager and say that the dude needs to get it together. Now, if Blount is cussing out your wife and spitting in your food (plagiarism, bigotry) - call for his job.

You don't nudge the manager and ask for them to get it together, you demand better service from the establishment. We are the customer, and we demand a better product... And this is how you let them know

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score

I think our opinion is the only thing that matters. What else? Of course it is subjective but I do not believe it is his opinion that is upsetting people so much. He is lazy (judging by the number of posts compared to other beat writers in the division). He is also a day or two behind in reporting things most of the time. This may be fine reporting for the Bleacher report but ESPN should be held to higher standard than that.

As far as the petition goes I don't think ESPN will fire him over a niche petition. After all the hyperbole it will probably be seen as just a complaint by a strong fan base (who now has a reputation for being VERY vocal:). I think asking him to be fired is a bit much but not absurd. Football has a fanatical base . Emotions run high. This kind of reaction to a job not well done should be somewhat expected in this day and age.

I would also like to apologize for any personal attack made. I just feel this is a bunch of people expressing there opinion (for whom I agree with for the most part) and will defend them vehemently in doing so.

Subzero717

Reaction score
kobebryant":1h9ato8v said:
Year of The Hawk":1h9ato8v said:
kobebryant":1h9ato8v said:
Year of The Hawk":1h9ato8v said:
kobebryant said:
This is so lame.

I dont know where you work but half-assing it where I work gets you fired. I think thats the focus of the gripe. He flat doesnt care.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While I understand that many don't like Terry Blount as a writer but this is crossing the line, IMO. How would you like it if some public person started a petition to get you fired or removed from your job? It's not cool to mess with someone's livelihood. If you don't like what he reports then don't read it. He's not the only guy reporting on the Seahawks.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1jgcitkn said:
While I understand that many don't like Terry Blount as a writer but this is crossing the line, IMO. How would you like it if some public person started a petition to get you fired or removed from your job? It's not cool to mess with someone's livelihood. If you don't like what he reports then don't read it. He's not the only guy reporting on the Seahawks.

So getting paid for mediocrity is fine? He's doing a horrible job and should be held accountable.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":250k9wdz said:

I guess if you don't like service somewhere you should not say anything just not go there again. Right. No need to ever complain. Just move on. That may be fine for you but don't begrudge the people who want a better blog. Blount is very bad at his job.
We are the customer and the service sucks. Get someone new. They don't have to fire him just don't let him report on the Seahawks which he obviously could give two sh*ts about. Let him write about something he is more qualified to write about.