Peyton had a decidedly Flynn-like game today

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Passes in no hurry to arrive, reckless throwing into coverage, and got his touchdowns on screens and pick routes. That looked like a game plan designed to cover up a weak arm. Washington threw that game away; it certainly didn't convince me that Peyton's not on a decline.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Bait and switch. I was waiting for the part where Peyton torched the defense for 6 tds.

heyu123

Reaction score
He's still a top 3 QB. Yeah the arms weaker than it was in his prime, but I would hardly call him declining with 29 TDs and 6 INTs.

Plus, supposedly he is hurt right now.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
heyu123":omzm92o3 said:
He's still a top 3 QB. Yeah the arms weaker than it was in his prime, but I would hardly call him declining with 29 TDs and 6 INTs.

I'm talking about since last week.He got sacked hard several times in the second half against Indy, and after that, his throws started looking noticeably sloppier. He missed practice due to an "ankle" injury; whether it was really his ankle or actually his arm (as some have speculated) we can't know. But he's definitely looked off in his last six quarters.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Didn't he have sprains in both ankles? Very solid game, considering.

ivotuk

Reaction score
His body is failing, by game 16 Denver will wish they had Flynn. Instead they will be forced to play Brock omfglol Osweiler :)

HawkWow

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2p9awsp5 said:
Passes in no hurry to arrive, reckless throwing into coverage, and got his touchdowns on screens and pick routes. That looked like a game plan designed to cover up a weak arm. Washington threw that game away; it certainly didn't convince me that Peyton's not on a decline.

Prior to the game, I started a thread expressing those very concerns. When they said it was "an ankle" this past week, I immediately thought arm. The Broncs game plan today did nothing to make me think differently. The Hawks are not a team Manning wants to face. It won't end well for him.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
When we play the Broncos in NY he will be a sitting duck. Payback to to the Bronco fans too for a lot of years ;)

Greenhell

Reaction score
Happypuppy":11tp6hnr said:
When we play the Broncos in NY he will be a sitting duck. Payback to to the Bronco fans too for a lot of years ;)

^ this.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not sure we watched the same game Montana. Denver's offense was the definition of unstoppable in the 2nd half, and as much as I love Knowshon Moreno (~championship!~) that offense is all Manning all the time. And that was against one of the best pass rush teams last season while Manning was playing on two bad ankles... behind a line that's no better than our own. Dude's amazing.

I genuinely want Denver in the big game, if only because it will be a matchup of two conspicuous snap count callers. "HURRY! HURRY!" vs. "REDDAY! GO! GO!"

Latest posts