PFF Offensive Coordinator Rankings

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

toffee

Reaction score
It's amazing how much better Hawk coordinators get when Russell leaves. Waldron at #4 and Schotty at #10 in the league.

Pete said something like Geno listened, and did what was told, remember? 2023 season could be interesting as we have a new QB coach, a rather proven one with good track record.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
and rated Pete 17th best HC. PFF still sucks
I respect PFF as a source of making sense out of certain stats and a quick reference for player comparisons...but I can't "tout" PFF as a respected resource for NFL content. Their "analysis" offers more or less the equivalent of a "crystal ball"
Crystal balls are like paid psychics...you see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear.

I allowed my PFF subscription to lapse just before the draft...I haven't been as impressed as much as curious when I paid up last year (and the one thing I liked using (the mock draft simulator)...is free anyways so I bailed.

Modern NFL film study ability puts pressure on Shane Waldron (Offensive Co-ordinator) to make constant effective adapting/responses. Last year saw Shane Waldron mix play calls very well making our team far less predictable. His playbook now seems tailor made to make full use of Geno's skills...especially his arm talent. Shane still employs the balanced approach of a respected rushing attack...and not just a full blown "let the QB cook" which although it has high reward...it suffers high risk if the pass volume gets too high.

Pass heavy offenses are at risk of being 3 and out frequently which often turns over the field to the defense...closer to our red zone...bad formula. Less stress and better (longer) rest for your defense usually produces better results...not complicated. Nothing stalls an offenses rhythm quicker than incomplete passes or an untimely holding call...we don't need to be run dominant...just run balanced.

Shane Waldron now has all the pieces to be as creative/imaginative as he can in a spread type offense.