PFF pass block grades week 1 for Seahawks

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seahawks OL Pass Block Grades from PFF (over 70 is good, 80 great, 90 elite)

Sweezy: 88.4
Britt: 74.6
Ifedi: 64.2
Brown: 59.2
Pocic: 55.7

adeltaY

Reaction score
kf3339":ai6ib2gf said:
rjdriver":ai6ib2gf said:
Brown scoring lower than Ifedi?

Huh ?

Agreed. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Ifedi gets beat in spectacular ways a few times a game so we think he played really badly.

That said, I didn't notice DB at all the game, which is a good thing for OL usually so IDK what PFF saw.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2g7bbdr9 said:
Are you attempting to explain why Russ was sacked six times?

Maybe..I don't know, film don't lie? Any judgment of our players should be based on actual game film and analysis. Reviewing what we may have missed while in the heat of watching the game

adeltaY

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1039259711705624577[/tweet]

Duane Brown getting beat allowed Von to get this sack. He might have anyway, but shoot, I was mad at Wilson at the time, but I'm not sure he had anywhere to go. By the time he could've stepped up, the interior line was being pushed back into him and Chubb forced him off his spot.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I dont get the questions aimed at me. I posted what PFF let out about pass grades.

3 of the 6 sacks were on Russ. Idk on other 3. But Ethan was the worst one once again and he wasnt going vs Von.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
adeltaY":8qugdazp said:

Duane Brown getting beat allowed Von to get this sack. He might have anyway, but shoot, I was mad at Wilson at the time, but I'm not sure he had anywhere to go. By the time he could've stepped up, the interior line was being pushed back into him and Chubb forced him off his spot.
Von Miller commited really hard to the outside. There was a huge hole between Ifedi and Sweezy. He could have stepped up into the pocket, or ran for it and got a few yards.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Chubb would've got him if he slid to his right as he had crossed Duane Brown's face and beaten him inside. Ironically, if he pulled down the ball earlier, he could have run through the gap you mentioned before Chubb got there, but he had his head up looking to pass. Also that LB in front of the line was spying/had Carson in man coverage if he went out for a route. He would've got Wilson if he tried to go through that gap. Unless someone was open quickly, I don't see much Wilson could've done on this play. If Duane Brown held his block, this play might have worked regardless of Miller.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
adeltaY":32wkuvc8 said:

Two big failures on that play. 1. Carson blocks the wrong person and 2. Releases too soon.

getnasty

Reaction score
Daune Brown get a lot of love because he followed Rees Obi but he's underwhelmed during his time here to me. As far as Ifedi goes I can only remember once where he got beat real bad. I'm not saying he played well but Bryan Bulaga who's a very good right tackle didn't look any better then Ifedi one on one verus Mack last night.

themunn

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1ob9xjmf said:
adeltaY":1ob9xjmf said:

Two big failures on that play. 1. Carson blocks the wrong person and 2. Releases too soon.

Wilson takes off in the wrong direction too - should be heading into that gap between Ifedi and Sweezy

RiverDog

Reaction score
themunn":14h6ry3x said:
Sox-n-Hawks":14h6ry3x said:
adeltaY":14h6ry3x said:

Wilson takes off in the wrong direction too - should be heading into that gap between Ifedi and Sweezy

That's what I thought, too. Russell was in a shotgun so he had to have seen Miller's strong outside move, so why he attempted to run left is beyond me. Russell has a tendency to try to break the pocket to the outside, as that's where he makes his biggest plays from, such as the Lockett TD, instead of stepping up and taking what the defense gives him, and this play was a classic example.

This was a 3rd down and 3 from our own 43, 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and trailing by a field goal. We did not need a home run on that play, we needed a first down to keep the drive alive.

Ozzy

Reaction score
There is zero chance Brown played as bad as Ifedi, zero. PFF is ridiculous when it comes to line grades and this is evidence of that. It's not just the sacks but the hurries, pressures, missed assignments etc. Brown didn't have his best game in a tough matchup but he was nowhere near as bad as Ifedi was yesterday. There is a reason everyone around the league laughs at PFF.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
PFF analytics don’t lie.

Overreaction Sunday.

I get it....people need to vent, that’s why I try to stay away from comments immediately after the game. But, as noted people need to vent.

People need to scapegoat.

QBs are an easy target...They get all the credit after a win, all the blame after a loss.

Jumping on a player like Ifedi is easy too.

All I can say is get ready to a roller coaster of a ride this year....a complete disaster like Denver will happen again, but we’ll get an unexpected win too. This is what we happens when you play a lot rookies or inexperienced players. But, easy to say, hard to accept after a loss like this one.

RiverDog

Reaction score
truehawksfan":2563ky3g said:
PFF analytics don’t lie.

Overreaction Sunday.

I get it....people need to vent, that’s why I try to stay away from comments immediately after the game. But, as noted people need to vent.

People need to scapegoat.

QBs are an easy target...They get all the credit after a win, all the blame after a loss.

Jumping on a player like Ifedi is easy too.

All I can say is get ready to a roller coaster of a ride this year....a complete disaster like Denver will happen again, but we’ll get an unexpected win too. This is what we happens when you play a lot rookies or inexperienced players. But, easy to say, hard to accept after a loss like this one.

In general, I agree that the QB gets too much of the credit in a win and too much of the blame in the loss. But the scapegoat on the play above was Russell, but it's like committing some sort of sacrilege if you say anything critical about him. He ran into a sack on a frigging 3rd and 3. Any other veteran QB would have stepped up and taken the gift first down.

TreeRon

Reaction score
"Wilson takes off in the wrong direction too - should be heading into that gap between Ifedi and Sweezy"
Notice the linebacker sitting in that gap spying Wilson?

RiverDog

Reaction score
TreeRon":35be8v5m said:
"Wilson takes off in the wrong direction too - should be heading into that gap between Ifedi and Sweezy"
Notice the linebacker sitting in that gap spying Wilson?

Linebacker to Russell's right was looking towards the receiver in the flat and bailed before Russell took off. The one on the left was the spy, and It's unlikely that he would have gotten to Russell before he picked up 3 yards. He would have been tackling Russell from the side, allowing him to fall forward. Additionally, stepping up would have bought him more time, and he might have found an open receiver.

In any event, stepping up was a far better option given the down and distance than retreating into a pass rush.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Not sure what game they were watching.

PFF always has very suspect grades for o-line. Same with coverage/DBs.