TOP 5 GRADES:
LB Bobby Wagner, 91.0 overall grade

DI Sheldon Richardson, 86.6 overall grade

LB Michael Wilhoite, 84.0 overall grade

LB K.J. Wright, 81.5 overall grade

OT Germain Ifedi, 81.4 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
OT GERMAIN IFEDI, 81.4 OVERALL GRADE
Ifedi had one of the best games of his young career, where he has often struggled in pass protection. On 43 snaps in pass protection, Ifedi allowed only one pressure, finishing with an 83.3 pass protection grade. If the Seahawks can see improvement in Ifedi’s pass protection, it would be a huge hep to Russell Wilson who is in the top five of most pressured quarterbacks this season.

OT DUANE BROWN, 79.3 OVERALL GRADE
Brown continued his positive impact on the Seahawks offensive line after being traded from Houston. Brown allowed just two pressures on 43 snaps in pass protection. Brown’s 81.6 run blocking grade was the highest on the team also

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... o-49ers-13

Since the acquisition of Brown, the offensive line continues to make progress. I still prefer Ifedi at guard, but he has looked good against power rushers. Britt is having a steadily good season. Joeckel looked a little rusty, but he too has a chance to elevate the level of our blocking. Even with some of the miscues and struggles of Pocic, I thought that was overall the best performance by the offensive line in the last two years.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner deserves DPOY. He is playing at an incredible, consistent level this season.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":3031w2hr said:
Bobby Wagner deserves DPOY. He is playing at an incredible, consistent level this season.

Amen bro.

kev007

Reaction score
mistaowen":oly8mj2g said:

Seconded (and thirded!) - having a fantastic season!

Kev

toffee

Reaction score
If Ifedi can sustain a few games at this level, he will no longer be our team's problem child. This is the most encouraging news so far, although 9ers' d line ain't anything to talk about.

With Ifedi performs at above-league average and with Brown at LT (Fant as his backup). Our center and tackles seem to be quite adequate for next season or two, guards would be another story of course. Not sure we want or can afford to resign Joeckle, his is barely adequate at his position, and we may still RG.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets remember, happy that these guys did a great job and recognized, but playing against a AAA team and a contender is a bit different, lets see if they can maintain the positive trend, I am talking O line specifically here. We know what we have in Wagner and Richardson for those that can get past just stats and see game impact as well.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
chris98251":32czmzt5 said:
Lets remember, happy that these guys did a great job and recognized, but playing against a AAA team and a contender is a bit different, lets see if they can maintain the positive trend, I am talking O line specifically here. We know what we have in Wagner and Richardson for those that can get past just stats and see game impact as well.

I wouldn't expect Ifedi to play well in the next game if he is left at RT. You have to expect Brandon Graham et al. to get the better of him a handful of times. The hard part for him will be avoiding penalties and just accepting getting beaten to the outside by a quicker speed rusher.

It really is a shame Ifedi will not be playing RG in this game. He has the size, length, power, and explosiveness to keep a DT like Fletcher Cox in check. Pocic is going to get eaten alive at RG.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Smellyman":2x5h8j4v said:
Ifedi was/is flat terrible. Can we quit posting PFF now?

No, Ifedi actually played a solid game. But thank you for your excellent analysis and constructive commentary. :2thumbs:

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2017":18jaqpay said:
Smellyman":18jaqpay said:

No, Ifedi actually played a solid game. But thank you for your excellent analysis and constructive commentary. :2thumbs:

ditto

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Smellyman":2b5l6v4h said:
hawknation2017":2b5l6v4h said:
Smellyman":2b5l6v4h said:

ditto

When a tackle allows only one pressure, has no penalties, and does some good work in the run game, writing he "was/is flat terrible," without anything to back it up, is asinine.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1nvnzu4z said:
Smellyman":1nvnzu4z said:
hawknation2017":1nvnzu4z said:
Smellyman":1nvnzu4z said:

ditto

When a tackle allows only one pressure, has no penalties, and does some good work in the run game, writing he "was/is flat terrible," without anything to back it up, is asinine.

I use my eyeballs during a game, like everybody else and he is bad. I am not going to start making gifs of all his whiffs.

Edit: ok I lied. 3rd play of game he whiffs a block and immediately DT is in the backfield on a Lacy stretch run play. (actually 1st play RW interception Ifedi held too)

Ugh, as far as I will go. I don't want to be a fan 'breaking down film guy' I already hate myself.