PFT Bennet to sign with Bears....

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdiags

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 2m
Seahawks have emerged as the favorite to land free-agent DT Michael Bennett, and keep him in Seattle, per sources.

Oh wait, how much exactly will that contract be for?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":21rm7163 said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 51s
Seahawks have emerged as the favorite to land free-agent DT Michael Bennett, and keep him in Seattle, per sources.

If true this is great news - I will peace out for now - until something becomes final.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Lady Talon":2l5fe7ei said:
Uncle Si":2l5fe7ei said:
Lady Talon... Do you really think these guys care what Twitter fans or the .netters say? Come on...its not like wed be burning his effigy.

Yeah fans can be dumb. But if the FO meets his asking price I don't imagine Bennet is going to go back to his twitter feed before signing on

Maybe I'm wrong...and to be clear I want him back. Just don't wish him harm if he moves on

It wasn't twitter stalkers or .Net that broke the Costco news with little context, mediots know he's always had a big mouth. Mendenhall just retired because of stalkers. ADB doesn't blame him.

Go read what they think.

Mendenhall is a nutball who should have never joined social media. The guy has stuck his foot in his mouth on more than one occasion and then wonders why people have a problem with him. These guys are living in a fantasy world more often than not because this type of stuff happens to people all the time. Go ask all the people that got doxxed over on reddit/4can/etc etc. Idiots that spout of at the mouth in front of millions of people are going to hear back about it regardless. No empathy for these people whatsoever. Being an athlete affords then no more special privileges than anyone else.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Clayton also suggested that it would be extremely difficult for Bennett to leave because the Hawks are his family and he had so much fun this year, I think he is just posturing. The Hawks sign him for 9 million, the Bears 10 minus a 5% state income tax you have a gross difference of $500,000 per year (peanuts). Clayton also suggested he might even sign with the Hawks today. Those are pretty strong words to have to eat on Clayton's part. :240039: :smilie=angry016.gif: :angry017:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
On Michael Bennett: He spent time in the Seahawks facility yesterday. Wants to return. SEA pushing hard. Bears turning attention elsewhere

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1oiq91ta said:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 51s
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
On Michael Bennett: He spent time in the Seahawks facility yesterday. Wants to return. SEA pushing hard. Bears turning attention elsewhere
Plot thickens....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3hzey3b6 said:
I don't think you can have it both ways, if this is a business - which it is - then there should be no issues with the ethics of using the tag and working out a long term deal. Look at Haloti Ngata, Logan Mankins etc. This was done with many players. We took the chance on him, we gave him the arena to thrive in and we should have right of first refusal.

But you don't tag someone for more than you think they're worth just to keep them.

Obviously JS and Pete put a value on what they think Bennett is worth to the Hawks, and offered that contract to him and his agent. Now another team is going to break the bank for him, so I don't blame Schneider if he doesn't go higher than he's comfortable with.......because he knows that'll be to the detriment of the bigger plan, which is trying to resign guys like ET, Sherm and Wilson next year.

This is what good teams do, they slot salaries based on the talent level of the player and cap space, and they don't deviate from it. Bad teams are the ones that panic and overpay for players. Look no further than Dallas and Washington for examples of how NOT to overpay for players and thus crippling your franchise for a decade.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2c5g3229 said:
Someone needs to change the title of this thread.

This

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Lady Talon":23x3jv51 said:
Uncle Si":23x3jv51 said:
Lady Talon... Do you really think these guys care what Twitter fans or the .netters say? Come on...its not like wed be burning his effigy.

Yeah fans can be dumb. But if the FO meets his asking price I don't imagine Bennet is going to go back to his twitter feed before signing on

Maybe I'm wrong...and to be clear I want him back. Just don't wish him harm if he moves on

It wasn't twitter stalkers or .Net that broke the Costco news with little context, mediots know he's always had a big mouth. Mendenhall just retired because of stalkers. ADB doesn't blame him.

Go read what they think.

And yet mike Vick and Riley stayed in Philly...

One player isn't the norm. Its not even a trend

And this isn't even reflecting on how veritably low key or media and fan base are compared to big markets (and I'm not talking about fan noise)

mikeak

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":e49739n2 said:
It was a one year deal when no one else was signing him. We gave hime the deal and everyone else had the opportunity last year, including the Bears. They didn't sign him.

BTW, although it wasn't this regime, we did sign him as an undrafted free agents out of college.

Plenty of people would sign him - that was not the issue. Nobody would sign him to the big contract including the Seahawks - that was the issue

Yeah we signed him then cut him - of course that should make him loyal.........

Status
Not open for further replies.