Phillips Rivers Bolo Tie Tragic

aawolf

Reaction score
RezHawk":1x26nswz said:
That Bolo was awesome. Base of an Elk antler set with turquoise. Sure beats the hell outta Brady's Sweaters besides, I get a kick out of Rivers, Dude is definitely enthusiastic and his post game interviews are accidental comedy.

I remember his first conference game as a starter at NC State, and I forget who we were playing, I was watching it with my buddy who is a die-hard UNC fan. Rivers had just almost taken a sack on third down before he threw the ball away and was knocked down. In an apparently taunting jester, he got up laughing and shaking his head and his finger at the defensive player that hit him but did not sack him. It was good that he got rid of the ball, but it wasn't a good play or anything. My buddy said that Rivers guy is either the biggest prick to ever play or he's really going to be great to back up his swagger. Turns out, he was great.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
aawolf":3eoxu58x said:
My buddy said that Rivers guy is either the biggest prick to ever play or he's really going to be great to back up his swagger. Turns out, he was great.

Hey, who says that it has to be an either/or?

I think Rivers is great AND is the biggest prick to ever play.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":20m9mjkp said:
aawolf":20m9mjkp said:
My buddy said that Rivers guy is either the biggest prick to ever play or he's really going to be great to back up his swagger. Turns out, he was great.

I dunno, I think both Cutler and Brady have a leg up in that competition. Top 5, though.

aawolf

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2595ppck said:
volsunghawk":2595ppck said:
aawolf":2595ppck said:

I dunno, I think both Cutler and Brady have a leg up in that competition. Top 5, though.

He is exactly the type of player that you either love or hate. He is the type of personality that oozes confidence and jokes around a little bit to get in opponent's heads and to have fun. I don't think his antics are to be mean or to taunt the opposition. To his fans, its confidence, to his opposition, its arrogance. He's been that way forever. But, he's a great family man and a devout Catholic (which is why he has so many darn kids) and in life, he is as successful as he's been on the field. Even when his laughing and excitement toward the refs get spun negatively, I'll always give him the benefit of the doubt.